Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5562 5563 [5564] 5565 5566 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999185 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83445 on: August 17, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83446 on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:43 pm »

Basically US tax code says that churches are basically tax free in every which way, and there are no real requirements for setting yourself up as a church. Oliver then goes on to basically register himself as a church whose creed is that they are getting exempted from taxes, and goes on to do his usual jokes. It also covers how there are plenty of large televangelists abusing this and the idea of "seed" prayer (where you give money in the hopes of somehow getting it back), to essentially steal tremendous amounts of money from those in need, all tax free.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83447 on: August 17, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »

The thing they worship is called 'Our Lady of Eternal Excemption'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #83448 on: August 17, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

Hey, I watched that earlier. It was a good episode (you should call the number).

The most fucked up example he showed was a preacher promising that making huge donations to his church was the best way to get out of credit card debt. Rather than paying your bills with your money, you should give him a thousand dollars to prove your devotion and God will ensure your debts are forgiven.

It's one of those things that would be way funnier if it didn't work.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83449 on: August 17, 2015, 07:17:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83450 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:18 pm »

My aunt used mayonnaise... as an ingredient in pancakes. No, she used mayonnaise as an ingredient instead of eggs because she didn't have any left. No, no, she made mayocakes, tried them and found out they were terrible, and gave them to her son thinking he wouldn't know the difference. No, no, no, she gave her son maycakes, and he actually didn't know the difference. Sometimes I feel ashamed of my family.

Also, I'm a firm believer that mayo is the Anti-Christ.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83451 on: August 17, 2015, 07:58:05 pm »

Eating mayo is little better than slathering bread with crisco and eating it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83452 on: August 17, 2015, 08:10:13 pm »

My mom wants me to start talking to problem player again. Given that the last conversation was several weeks ago, in an MMO, with me sitting in awkward silence as he talked for more than an hour about how much he wanted to fuck my 'toon in disturbing amounts of detail, I'm not too keen on talking to him again.

And my mom's coworker is being a sociopath again. Demanded that she be brought to a bank in a town over. My mom refused, and brought her to a nearby bank of the same company. She got pissy, went into the bank anyways, only to immediately turn around and came back out the bank crying saying to my mom that they won't do what she wanted to do at that branch. The doors are goddamn glass, my mom knows she didn't talk to any of the workers in there. She said that they told her that the other bank would help do whatever it is she wanted to do, but my mom didn't take her.

It was also recently discovered that she does not own a house. She usually uses her being a single-parent who owns her own house and supposedly never has money to spare as one of her crutches to beg for money. Now we know that she's renting from a friend who isn't making her pay much more than peanuts. Lying lunatic.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83453 on: August 17, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »

My mom wants me to start talking to problem player again. Given that the last conversation was several weeks ago, in an MMO, with me sitting in awkward silence as he talked for more than an hour about how much he wanted to fuck my 'toon in disturbing amounts of detail, I'm not too keen on talking to him again.
Why on earth is your mom even involved to any degree whatsoever?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83454 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »

my mom didn't take her
Progress!

And yeah, that's a little weird.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83455 on: August 17, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »

'Cuz he's my friend. I've known him since eighth grade.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83456 on: August 17, 2015, 08:20:51 pm »

but you aren't responisble for his delinquency?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83457 on: August 17, 2015, 08:21:59 pm »

Is shame hormones have apparently driven him insane. Good reason not to talk to 'im, though.

Maybe inform parent (ex)friend has become dong-driven mess to a significantly uncomfortable degree?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83458 on: August 17, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »

I've mentioned that he is a bit of a child already. Mentioned the Magical Realm he made us play through as well.

Generally speaking, when someone opens up with "no homo, but", you might not want to hear what they are about to say.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83459 on: August 17, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »

No homo but that's totally gay
Pages: 1 ... 5562 5563 [5564] 5565 5566 ... 10974