Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5565 5566 [5567] 5568 5569 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996024 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83490 on: August 18, 2015, 12:54:59 am »

Silly Flyme, charactoon is not a word.
no i was more referring to the fact that the word toon leads me to believe he is referring to toontown and that his problem friends wants to fuck a cartoon
Pffft, who doesn't?
It's practically the norm over on /a/, buuuut that's 4chan weeaboos for you.
I remember that there was some movie centered around fucking a cartoon and the consequences of that, in the same continuity as "who framed Roger rabbit", so it's not limited to "weaboos".
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83491 on: August 18, 2015, 01:11:04 am »

no i was more referring to the fact that the word toon leads me to believe he is referring to toontown and that his problem friends wants to fuck a cartoon
Pffft, who doesn't?
I remember that there was some movie centered around fucking a cartoon and the consequences of that, in the same continuity as "who framed Roger rabbit", so it's not limited to "weaboos".
I remember that one! It was ... shit, I remember the movie but not the name.

Cool World! That's it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83492 on: August 18, 2015, 01:16:19 am »

The weirdest hang-up I've ever seen people get on is light being affected by gravity.

Like, they're really sure of the idea that only things with mass are effected by gravity, which is wrong, but then they say that Einstein must have been wrong because it disagrees with something that is known to be wrong

i don't get it
Maybe because they learned the gravitational force equation
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/circles/u6l3c1.gif

Obviously that's an obsolete model, since it doesn't explain gravitational lensing.  It's the one that pretty much works except for astrophysics though.  I certainly don't know how to calculate the gravitational pull of a massless thing, and the very concept is annoyingly contrary to what I understand "mass" to even be.

I mean, now I'm reading about solar sails and realizing that photons have significant momentum.  But no mass.  What the fuck

I'm not saying they have mass, because I know that an object with any mass moving at c would theoretically have infinite relativistic mass (and would take infinite energy to accelerate to that point).  But the normal conclusion from that is "So obviously they don't have any mass at all" not "They technically have no mass, but they behave like light (unheavy lol) particles despite moving at c.  Pulled around by gravity, and transferring momentum on collisions".

Relativity is WEIRD.  Here's something I found which seems like an explanation, of sorts... "Photons of light are not technically affected by large gravitational fields; instead space and time become distorted around incredibly massive objects and the light simply follows this distorted curvature of space."  Dunno if that's true, but sounds good.

It's still being stuck in classical mechanics to think that something needs mass to have momentum.

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/2229/if-photons-have-no-mass-how-can-they-have-momentum

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83493 on: August 18, 2015, 01:20:42 am »

Pffft, who doesn't?
I remember that one! It was ... shit, I remember the movie but not the name.

Cool World! That's it.
What sort of "issues" does it deal with. Something like: That's right she's pregnant. How are you going to deal with your half-human, half-cartoon spawn now?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83494 on: August 18, 2015, 02:11:08 am »

That was a draft version, where the hybrid kid comes into the real world to kill her father for creating her or something. Instead I think their fucking and the toon's subsequent real personization almost destroys reality or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83495 on: August 18, 2015, 04:08:36 am »

Eating mayo is little better than slathering bread with crisco and eating it.
Heresy. Mayonnaise is a great condiment, especially with meat stew (and frjes) and mussels.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83496 on: August 18, 2015, 04:15:25 am »

Eating mayo is little better than slathering bread with crisco and eating it.
Heresy. Mayonnaise is a great condiment, especially with meat stew (and frjes) and mussels.

It also depends on moderation and what you already eaten.

The biggest mistakes a lot of health nuts make is immediately associating sugar, fat, and calories as BAD!!!

Mayo is a high calorie condiment though...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83497 on: August 18, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

IMO mayonnaise is just kind of... bad. In the most mediocre way possible. Not exceptionally awful or anything, but I wouldn't choose to have it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83498 on: August 18, 2015, 04:22:20 am »

IMO mayonnaise is just kind of... bad. In the most mediocre way possible. Not exceptionally awful or anything, but I wouldn't choose to have it.

It is a fat dish, better for early morning and lunch consumption while not being too bad before bed (As fat is burned slowly anyhow)

A great way to add extra fat to a carb or protein dish. Though it doesn't offer much in terms of anything else, as well the salt load suggests not to go heavy on it.

It still seems like an indulgence, I'd suggest it be used as a condiment then a main ingredient of a dish. A thin layer of Mayo adds a lot of flavor to a dish.

---

It is kind of funny because of all the things people demonize... Sugar is probably the easiest to handle. Sugar is easily digested and quickly burned (It just lingers if it isn't burned)

Protein is the toughest for your body to digest and burns decently (Women actually have to be careful of high Protein diets because their bodies often can't handle it. Especially if they eat foods like Tofu which contain high amounts of estrogen :P. Yes this astounded me)

Fat is easy to digest and burns slowly.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:26:46 am by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83499 on: August 18, 2015, 04:34:51 am »

Mayo is delicious. Even on its own, if you lack the ingredients to make an entire sandwich.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83500 on: August 18, 2015, 04:36:12 am »

Mayo is delicious. Even on its own, if you lack the ingredients to make an entire sandwich.

Nutrition wise you might as well just buy a tub of lard :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83501 on: August 18, 2015, 04:41:19 am »

Mayonnaise makes egg & lettuce sandwiches edible for me. I'm not Spartan enough to have a lettuce sandwich on its own.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83502 on: August 18, 2015, 04:44:44 am »

When did "nutrition" come into this?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83503 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:59 am »

When did "nutrition" come into this?

When did lard suddenly become the bad guy? :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83504 on: August 18, 2015, 04:53:27 am »

It's still being stuck in classical mechanics to think that something needs mass to have momentum.

http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/2229/if-photons-have-no-mass-how-can-they-have-momentum
I assumed you were right but now I disagree. Mass by definition is how much a thing is affected by gravity and has momentum.  Wikipedia  (yeah yeah) provides that definition, and clarifies that energy itself has mass.

I think I understand what you're talking about, except you're trying to throw out "mass" and "relativistic mass" as terms and I don't know why.  Things are effectively heavier at high velocity, that effective mass is "relativistic mass". Matter and energy have momentum and gravitational pull according to, by definition, their "mass". That's just the terminology... What else should "mass" mean?

And light apparently still has no mass, gravity doesn't directly affect it. But gravity curves space such that massless photons have their trajectories shifted in a way that looks like they have mass. I think. Not as sure about that part.

You showed a replacement e=mc2 which used mass and momentum separately to determine energy.  But that still works fine because the mass there is rest mass.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 5565 5566 [5567] 5568 5569 ... 10973