Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13202666 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83775 on: August 21, 2015, 11:18:41 pm »

According to Edmunds, it depends.  The 2014 "Chevrolet Cruze Eco" gets better mileage as a manual.
You seem to be right in general, though, and my information is certainly out of date.
... Much like my car, which I'm pretty sure is from 2004 :P  IE over a decade ago, so I'm kinda sorta right in a very forced context
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83776 on: August 21, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »

According to Edmunds, it depends.  The 2014 "Chevrolet Cruze Eco" gets better mileage as a manual.
You seem to be right in general, though, and my information is certainly out of date.
... Much like my car, which I'm pretty sure is from 2004 :P  IE over a decade ago, so I'm kinda sorta right in a very forced context
Considering that most cars on the road in the US are about ten yo according to something that may or may not be recent, you're pretty right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83777 on: August 21, 2015, 11:28:31 pm »

One more year and mine'll be legal to drink :V

... could use some work at the moment, but it's holding up pretty well for a '95 model.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83778 on: August 21, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »

One more year and mine'll be legal to drink :V

... could use some work at the moment, but it's holding up pretty well for a '95 model.
A preemptive happy birthday to your car.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83779 on: August 22, 2015, 12:52:37 am »

I didn't think Tack meant using both feet to use the brake and accelerator, but if so, that's my WTF for this thread.

Yeah no, I messed up my english and thinkings. First post upon waking, not great.

But yes, here is left foot for clutch, right foot for brake & accelerator.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83780 on: August 22, 2015, 02:15:44 am »

I grew up driving manual transmission cars, and when my old car (seriously old, older than me) gave up the ghost I was reluctant to get an automatic. So of course the best car I could find for the greatest value had to be an automatic :P

My WTF: Larger than average number of idiots on the road tonight. More than a dozen cars that seemed to think that they needed to have their high beams on, and near the end of my trip a couple of cars roared past that I assume were racing; both going way way waaay too fast for the flow of traffic, weaving in and out of four busy lanes, and nearly causing at least two collisions in the short time they were in view.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83781 on: August 22, 2015, 05:25:52 am »

Why is it that most cars in the US are automatics, and most in the EU are manuals? It is some kind of cultural construct?
This is a blank sig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83782 on: August 22, 2015, 05:53:26 am »

Seems to mostly be that, yeah. Price differences, some regulatory and cultural differences. Probably doesn't help that y'all drive a shitload less to begin with, heh, thanks to that whole "actually existing public transportation infrastructure" thing.
Ask not!
Ask!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83783 on: August 22, 2015, 06:28:37 am »

Pretty sure manuals only slightly outnumber autos in NZ, and we have the shittiest public transport outside of the third world. So probably more a cultural thing, I think.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83784 on: August 22, 2015, 07:01:34 am »

Why is it that most cars in the US are automatics, and most in the EU are manuals? It is some kind of cultural construct?
It's defense policy: If the US invades, they won't be able to use our civilian vehicles because their soldiers can't drive a normal car.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83785 on: August 22, 2015, 07:10:08 am »

A white heli just flew near my house at a pretty low attitude, for helicopters.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83786 on: August 22, 2015, 07:58:38 am »

it's flying low and painted white

arctic stealth ops heli confirmed

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83787 on: August 22, 2015, 09:00:11 am »

Don't get in it if they offer you candy, though. Nothing good comes from large white vehicles, flying or not.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83788 on: August 22, 2015, 10:26:22 am »

It's defense policy: If the US invades, they won't be able to use our civilian vehicles because their soldiers can't drive a normal car.
Manuals might be outnumbered by automatics, but that doesn't make them rare here :P
Your precious civilian vehicles will not be safe! Bwahahaha!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83789 on: August 22, 2015, 10:30:00 am »

They currently (or at some point in recent history -- I was trying to get some numbers comparisons and it came up) make up something like 3.6% of production in the US, iirc, for what it's worth. So less than one in 20 that's being made with intent to sell. Obviously we've got more loitering around and whatnot, and they're probably not going away any time soon (unfortunately :P), but rare's a fairly good word for it. Just not shiny-pokemon rare.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 5584 5585 [5586] 5587 5588 ... 10984