Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5599 5600 [5601] 5602 5603 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175646 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84000 on: August 25, 2015, 08:31:18 am »

Nah, if there was a witch in it the moral was "Burn the witch." Or otherwise kill, anyway. That's always the moral of witch stories, that the witch must die and you must kill it. Otherwise rocksoup murders and crazy junk like that.
Pratchett Disagrees.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84001 on: August 25, 2015, 10:28:25 am »

Nah, if there was a witch in it the moral was "Burn the witch." Or otherwise kill, anyway. That's always the moral of witch stories, that the witch must die and you must kill it. Otherwise rocksoup murders and crazy junk like that.
Pratchett Disagrees.
The turtle moves.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84002 on: August 25, 2015, 12:13:04 pm »

Well a "Stone Soup" setting refers to a setting that basically has "everything in it"

So there are vampires, werewolves, angels, devils, ghosts, dragons, elves, dwarves, talking donkies all in one setting.

Though I definitely like your idea of its definition.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84003 on: August 25, 2015, 01:18:10 pm »

You mean "fantasy kitchen sink"?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84004 on: August 25, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »

Minus the cthulcan horror.

Maybe I should unblock it sometime, actually.

Hmm.
One wheel short of a wagon

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84005 on: August 25, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

I've been dicking around setting up a dosbox frontend to make playing stuff a little simpler...

Wow my collection looks more skewed than I remember. Though admittedly I'm not done yet.
A little late but...

DUDE Unlimited Adventures is one of if not THE best DnD based game in the known universe.  It singlehandedly taught me the basics of file manipulation when I was trying to import sprites into custom games back when I was a young'un and introduced me to modding.  And the vanilla game was no slouch either.

Almost looks like you have the whole SSI pack I used to own.  I don't see darksun or Fantasy Empires or stronghold(the ssi one, not the newer ones) in that list though, those are also must haves.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:56:24 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84006 on: August 25, 2015, 01:57:44 pm »

Good ol' darksun... buggy as the buggery, but damn nice all the same. One of these days I'll actually go and play more than like ten minutes into the second one. Seems nice, but the graphics have always been bloody off putting, especially compared to the first.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84007 on: August 25, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »

I think the bugs yer thinking of are thri-kreen.  They are supposed to be there :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84008 on: August 25, 2015, 02:07:16 pm »

All bug team was like the best thing in the world, but no, the other one. Game had some coding/stability issues, heh. Remember on my first playthrough, I had a key item disappear on me mid dungeon (and not accidentally dropped or anything, just bugged out and buggered off) and scuttle the entire save. Couldn't get anywhere, couldn't fix it, game was just functionally gone.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84009 on: August 25, 2015, 02:25:02 pm »

Yeah I never had the dark sun games, when I was little the entirety of dark sun seemed a bit too scary and creepy for me. I had a fair bit of these games back then too, but I'd been gifted the big packs on GoG recently so I was setting everything up to nostalgia trip out a bit.

I also did NOT own the buck rodgers game way back when, but owlga played it on an old genesis a fair bit and I thought playing it together might be fun.

I've heard that Unlimited adventures actually has an open source counterpart now? But the name seems to escape me at the moment...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84010 on: August 25, 2015, 03:42:48 pm »

It looks like Im up for another round of 'my co-worker whose major is dancing is probably trying to engage in courtship'.  Except I'm too old and not really shopping rn.

Having known her since last thursday and interacted with her maybe a total of 3 hours by now, we talked about pimples and the juices they excrete.  And, oc, her period/hormones.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84011 on: August 25, 2015, 04:32:32 pm »

I kinda enjoy quirky people and casually talking about gross things can be a good way to loosen tension but that is where I would draw the line
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84012 on: August 25, 2015, 05:22:29 pm »

Ubisoft did an actually good PC port with Zombi. Is this real life?

EDIT: Oh and pre-emptively
Quote from: OED
Definition of good in English:
adjective (better, best)

2Having the required qualities; of a high standard
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:40:41 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84013 on: August 25, 2015, 05:35:59 pm »

Ubisoft did an actually good PC port with Zombi. Is this real life?
Is this just fantasy?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #84014 on: August 25, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »

I always find it odd when in "stone soup" settings where someone can just casually destroy the earth.

Why aren't there like... just as powerful beings that can prevent earth's destruction? Why do people leave it so open?
Well, humanity's communication systems could be devastated by a solar storm. No-one's prepared for it because it's the Holy Trinity of Unnoticed Apocalyptic Events (A. Hard to Prep For, B. Rooted in Scientific Theory, C. Boring). Perhaps it's the same thing with people able to destroy the entire world.

"Yeah, we could try and come up with a counter for the Summon the Baal the Worldeater spell... But then we'd have to find the components for it, then spend years with really good mages trying to decipher it, and then explain to the other mages in wherever the spell is being used that they can't cast any spells cos it might end the world, and then probably get blindsided by another apocalyptic spell while we're trying to fix this one."
Pages: 1 ... 5599 5600 [5601] 5602 5603 ... 10983