Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13153754 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84030 on: August 25, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »

Crossposting from the happy thread.

Sounds like that story could end up being like that one poem that involved girls and goblin merchent men. Apparently the author was very religious and didn't intend it, but how could you write this without realising,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't even know anymore.

I read that once.  Didn't catch it.  Wellp, now I'll have to stave off laughter should it come up this school year...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84031 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:04 pm »

Looking through books, online fan resources, and official online resources to look up info on a vague ruling for monsters as cohorts in Pathfinder.

"You can use the monsters on the following table as guidelines when determining effective cohort levels for monsters not on this list." I can't make heads or tails of it by myself. Gib Equations.

How is effective cohort level calculated? Is it based off of HD, or CR, or some other things entirely? The creatures on the table don't seem consistent enough for me to figure it out using Challenge Rating or Hit Dice.

Gib Equations.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84032 on: August 25, 2015, 10:39:35 pm »

It looks like Im up for another round of 'my co-worker whose major is dancing is probably trying to engage in courtship'.

Major is Daaanciiing.
Physiologically, that's a win. If only that was all that mattered.

Also I should probably read Kafka.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84033 on: August 25, 2015, 11:19:52 pm »

... crusader of centy has the most strangely chill music for the inside of an apparently active volcano. Outside's fairly active, inside's basically weirdly smooth smooth jazz. It's vaguely offputting...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84034 on: August 26, 2015, 02:40:17 am »

I can't say I've read Great Wall of China, no.
Do eeet! It's not that long, and certainly one of his best ones.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84035 on: August 26, 2015, 03:44:39 am »

something something longest contiguous structure on the planet something something
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84037 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:14 am »

I'll just leave this here.

Re: Virginia shooting....nope. Not watching. Got enough PTSD about shooting incidents as it is. I see some of my old colleagues are involved in the investigation. Also, WHY THE FUCK are news outlets whoring this video around? Is this Faces of Death: CNN Edition now?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84038 on: August 26, 2015, 10:44:03 am »

Aaaand apparently she's still trying to fix things with her boyfriend, who has said very clearly that cheating would be a complete no-go for him. And because she doesn't want to hurt him, she keeps lying to him, which is also taking its toll on her... And in the middle of this mess she contacts me. What does that say about her, her intents, her thoughts and deliberations?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84039 on: August 26, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

She's horny? *shrug*

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84041 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

Apparently the shooter was another reporter who was fired and had previously complained about the reporter who was shot having made racist comments. (Shooter was black.)
The shooter was confronted by police and shot himself. Also, he had recorded himself DURING THE SHOOTING and posted it to Facebook. WTF man????

Oh man, this just got a LOT uglier. Expect to see #WhiteLivesMatter hashtags all over the place for the next few days.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:04:08 am by RedKing »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84042 on: August 26, 2015, 11:04:25 am »

can america collectively take its whole "wow somebody did something let's turn it into a race issue" off of the internet

i think i speak for the rest of the world here when i say it'd increase quality, it's not like you do anything but sweeping it under the rug outside of it

even miauw's puns are better than this shit, goddamn

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84043 on: August 26, 2015, 11:11:41 am »

Aaaaand the dude apparently faxed a 23-page manifesto to ABC News sometime last night. So, fitting the profile of "guy with mental issues". But since he's not white, that won't be the spin of the coverage. If he were white, it'd totally be about "Welp, can't stop crazy people from being crazy".

I have yet to see the NRA opining that "if only the reporters had been armed..." but the day is still young.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84044 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:05 am »

apparently it can not

thanks for trying though
Pages: 1 ... 5601 5602 [5603] 5604 5605 ... 10981