Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999128 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84255 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:12 am »

Because i was in s hurry and the store only had fancy notebooks left

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84256 on: August 31, 2015, 07:29:12 am »

Girlfriend decided it would be a great weekend entertainment idea to let her straighten my hair and put makeup on me.
According to her, I looked great on it :v
Thankfuly it was temporary, but I have to admit I look positively fabulous with eyeliner.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #84257 on: August 31, 2015, 08:15:02 am »

College applications AAAAAAAAAAALLTHEESSAYQUESTIONSARESTUPIDAAAAAAAA!!!
but seriously how in the fuck do they expect people to write 250 words about what their favorite word is and why

Say your favourite word is "Irrelevant" because of its many real-life applications regarding people who assign meaning to silly things.

If that was given to me as an essay question, I'd probably write something incredibly snarky. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, after all.

The point is obviously not what your favorite word is, or even why. The actual question is unimportant.

It's just an easy question that requires no research, used to test your writing skills. Can you create a coherent essay about a simple topic? Can you spell properly, use proper grammar and punctuation? Can you express your ideas clearly? etc.

Asking something that most people probably never think about such as what your favorite word is probably just gives them more interesting essays to read, which is important when you've probably got to go through hundreds of them.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84258 on: August 31, 2015, 08:49:38 am »

How about "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
The song is 321 words long. You'd be penalized a bit for excessive length (same as my tall tale), but it'd probably be worth it.
How many is it if you cut out the "Um diddle, diddle diddle, um diddle ay"s?

EDIT:
Oh! Also, remember to include quote marks and a properly formatted citation.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:57:11 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #84259 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:27 am »

Asking something that most people probably never think about such as what your favorite word is probably just gives them more interesting essays to read, which is important when you've probably got to go through hundreds of them.

It also prevents the use of "canned" essays, because the applicant probably hasn't done an essay on the subject before, so they can't just dust it off, fix whatever they got dinged on last time, and submit it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84260 on: August 31, 2015, 11:10:49 am »

It also prevents the use of "canned" essays, because the applicant probably hasn't done an essay on the subject before, so they can't just dust it off, fix whatever they got dinged on last time, and submit it.

Somebody needs to work out  a way to undermine this.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84261 on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:03 pm »

Saw a trash bag sitting right on top of the train tracks. Not sure who would leave something like that right there. It sounded like it was full of cans. Didn't want a train to hit that, so I moved it. Not five minutes later, the train came.

Welp, there's my good deed for the day. So, what now, do I get to punch an orphan or something?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84262 on: August 31, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

Saw a trash bag sitting right on top of the train tracks. Not sure who would leave something like that right there. It sounded like it was full of cans. Didn't want a train to hit that, so I moved it. Not five minutes later, the train came.

Welp, there's my good deed for the day. So, what now, do I get to punch an orphan or something?
Nah, you just absolved yourself of one fort.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #84263 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

WHY? Why the sodding hell would they do that?

New Deus Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

10/10 would boycott again.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:40:22 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84264 on: August 31, 2015, 01:38:13 pm »

WHY? Why the sodding hell would they do that?

New Dues Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

10/10 would boycott again.
Dues Ex.
Yup.
If that was a typo, it was a really good one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #84265 on: August 31, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »

Sorry, I apparently can't spell.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84266 on: August 31, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

Sorry, I apparently can't spell.
Bah.  You can spell just fine.  The marketers made a typo.
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84267 on: August 31, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

Easy! Stock essay about how you have no favourite words, as words are utilitarian, and defined by their usefulness in context...

Do I win all the college places yet?
This is a blank sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84268 on: August 31, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »

Easy! Stock essay about how you have no favourite words, as words are utilitarian, and defined by their usefulness in context...

Heh.
I'm so tempted to do this if it comes up.
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84269 on: August 31, 2015, 01:52:40 pm »

Heh.
I'm so tempted to do this if it comes up.

If so, I demand to be used as a citation.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 ... 10974