Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5617 5618 [5619] 5620 5621 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995923 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84270 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:58 pm »

WHY? Why the sodding hell would they do that?

New Dues Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

10/10 would boycott again.
Dues Ex.
Yup.
If that was a typo, it was a really good one.

So, how much to you actually have to shell out to actually get everything? Or is that, by design, impossible to do?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #84271 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:35 pm »

Looks like it's impossible.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84272 on: August 31, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

I have four unexplained games in my Steam library today. None of them have a free trial limit on them or any free trial announced. None of them are in any of my purchase history records, nor am I missing any money. They're just there. They're not bad games either.

But what the fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84273 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:29 pm »

I have four unexplained games in my Steam library today. None of them have a free trial limit on them or any free trial announced. None of them are in any of my purchase history records, nor am I missing any money. They're just there. They're not bad games either.

But what the fuck.

You sure it's not a free-for-a-few-days thing? I have (had?) a few games like that in my library this morning, none of them bad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84274 on: August 31, 2015, 02:23:55 pm »

But what the fuck.

You sure it's not a free-for-a-few-days thing? I have (had?) a few games like that in my library this morning, none of them bad.
*boots up Steam*
Dang it.
Nothing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84275 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

But what the fuck.

There's no "X days left" notice on them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84276 on: August 31, 2015, 02:51:17 pm »

Meh. I saw that when I finally logged back into Steam a few days ago. Some I bought, some I didn't remember buying. What the hell, (possibly) free games, ahoy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #84277 on: August 31, 2015, 03:08:26 pm »

WHY? Why the sodding hell would they do that?

New Dues Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

10/10 would boycott again.
Dues Ex.
Yup.
If that was a typo, it was a really good one.

So, how much to you actually have to shell out to actually get everything? Or is that, by design, impossible to do?

I strongly suspect the rest of them will be released as pay DLC at some point, most preorder bonuses are eventually.

What amuses me more than anything else is how the "ultimate prize" is the game being released 4 days early... I guess to the sort of impatient person who preorders games maybe it is a big deal, but it just seems so silly. 4 WHOLE DAYS GUYS!!!!!!!

But what the fuck.

Would be helpful if you said what games they were.

Edit: There was a free weekend for ARK, company of heroes 2 (and maybe CoH 1), and uh.... some other game this weekend. If you logged into steam early enough they would probably still be on your steam list since it only seems to reliably remove free games when you restart it, but the free trial timer would be gone because it's over.

So if it's those games, that's probably it. You can just restart steam to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:13:27 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #84278 on: August 31, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »

What amuses me more than anything else is how the "ultimate prize" is the game being released 4 days early... I guess to the sort of impatient person who preorders games maybe it is a big deal, but it just seems so silly. 4 WHOLE DAYS GUYS!!!!!!!

4 whole days to enjoy spoilers if you don't pre-order!

Total Biscuit has already put out a video about it. That was fast.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84279 on: August 31, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

That was a very insightful video.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84280 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »

Binding machine on the fritz. Nothing new there. Had repairmen in several times last week, and they didn't help any. Thing jams as I am using it. I am looking at it too find why it may be jamming. Bossy coworker comes over, boots me away from the machine.

"The problem is that the track is too tight". Doubt it. The tape isn't even getting into the track before it jams, plus the track was just replaced with a brand new one. What does bossy do to help fix it? Takes a screwdriver, and uses the handle to hammer away at the track. I'm sure that will help.

Then she drops the damn screwdriver into the machine, and walks away. I try to get it out, but she comes back to assure me it's fine. Apparently the screwdriver will improve the machine. Somehow. So that was quite a bit of time wasted in order to fish it out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84281 on: August 31, 2015, 05:16:14 pm »

Binding machine on the fritz. Nothing new there. Had repairmen in several times last week, and they didn't help any. Thing jams as I am using it. I am looking at it too find why it may be jamming. Bossy coworker comes over, boots me away from the machine.

"The problem is that the track is too tight". Doubt it. The tape isn't even getting into the track before it jams, plus the track was just replaced with a brand new one. What does bossy do to help fix it? Takes a screwdriver, and uses the handle to hammer away at the track. I'm sure that will help.

Then she drops the damn screwdriver into the machine, and walks away. I try to get it out, but she comes back to assure me it's fine. Apparently the screwdriver will improve the machine. Somehow. So that was quite a bit of time wasted in order to fish it out.
FACEPALM X2 COMBO
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84282 on: August 31, 2015, 06:00:40 pm »

One time my cat brought me a dead mouse.  Just like people say.  I pet her and thanked her for stopping the vermin.  It didn't seem to be bleeding on the carpet, so I turned back to my computer for a second.

I heard a soft crunching sound for about a minute.  I decided not to look until she was done.  When I did look, there was no trace of the mouse or any blood...  Just a proud, satisfied looking cat, right there on the clean carpet.

I just wish she had hunted the cockroaches too...  Well, I guess not.  Good riddance to that place.  Hot, wet, smoggy, and you couldn't walk half a mile along the sidewalk on a summer night without seeing multiple roaches.  Cities, I swear.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84283 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:27 pm »

One time my cat brought me a dead mouse.  Just like people say.  I pet her and thanked her for stopping the vermin.  It didn't seem to be bleeding on the carpet, so I turned back to my computer for a second.

I heard a soft crunching sound for about a minute.  I decided not to look until she was done.  When I did look, there was no trace of the mouse or any blood...  Just a proud, satisfied looking cat, right there on the clean carpet.

I just wish she had hunted the cockroaches too...  Well, I guess not.  Good riddance to that place.  Hot, wet, smoggy, and you couldn't walk half a mile along the sidewalk on a summer night without seeing multiple roaches.  Cities, I swear.
...You know, I think your cat may be channeling Chuck Norris.  Or the spirits of her ancestors.  Or both.
Sigtext

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84284 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:52 pm »

So, I've been playing poxnora for some weeks now, and its pretty damn fun, but just recently I realized that there's a card that is literally a fairy riding a corgi.

Also, an owl with a rifle.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 5617 5618 [5619] 5620 5621 ... 10973