Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 [5867] 5868 5869 ... 8848

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 4100734 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87990 on: September 09, 2015, 04:38:18 pm »

I just woke up and now there's drama and can someone explain what's happening? I saw the ex-happy thread, is GC okay?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87991 on: September 09, 2015, 04:38:47 pm »

LSP got banned, GC has followed for her own reasons.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes bismuth bronze, walnut trees, the color purple, chrysoberyl, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, black tea, and potatoes. He absolutely detests mosquitoes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87992 on: September 09, 2015, 04:40:53 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87993 on: September 09, 2015, 04:41:28 pm »

What in the fuck. I go to school for a day and everything comes apart at the seams an hour before I get home?

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87994 on: September 09, 2015, 04:41:47 pm »

Looks like my post got eaten, but this is the nice thing about communities related to 4chin: they're  much less tolerant of the personality cult BS.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • An Ill-made Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87995 on: September 09, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

What in the fuck. I go to school for a day and everything comes apart at the seams an hour before I get home?

Yep. Toady will probably sell DF to Zynga by the end of the week, the forum will have ads and Other Games and FG will cease to exist because it's viewed as competition. It's doom man. Doom!
If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the Gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87996 on: September 09, 2015, 04:43:01 pm »

I just woke up and now there's drama and can someone explain what's happening? I saw the ex-happy thread, is GC okay?

From what I can gather: GC is fine. LSP was banned today, and GC is close with them, so now GC is leaving the forum, and that's that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87997 on: September 09, 2015, 04:43:43 pm »

WHY DID YOU FORSAKE US

WHY
Somehow Yoink looks as much a pirate as the man dressed as one. Probably even has rum stashed near him somewhere
you need to reconsider your life
Love is a delicious dream; why should I bring about my own awakening?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87998 on: September 09, 2015, 04:44:45 pm »

Looks like my post got eaten, but this is the nice thing about communities related to 4chin: they're  much less tolerant of the personality cult BS.
Transcend the crass demands of ego and identity and become one with the shitpost, this is the meaning of anonymity; to never take credit for even the greatest of your works.

Yep. Toady will probably sell DF to Zynga by the end of the week, the forum will have ads and Other Games and FG will cease to exist because it's viewed as competition. It's doom man. Doom!
"Will you log into Dwarf Fortress Fortress mode with facebook or google+?"
"Do you want to buy urists?"
"Buy adventurer items now for only $20"

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87999 on: September 09, 2015, 04:46:15 pm »

WHY DID YOU FORSAKE US

WHY

DAMMIT MSH YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS
Now that LSP is gone we'll all have to pitch in to keep the shitpost boat afloat from now on.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes bismuth bronze, walnut trees, the color purple, chrysoberyl, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, black tea, and potatoes. He absolutely detests mosquitoes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88000 on: September 09, 2015, 04:48:22 pm »

If I had to guess, LSP was banned over the European thread when a discussion went a bit too far. Someone mentioned "If we're posting dubious sources" and LSP posted before that several times in quick succession; I'm guessing LSP responded with a "dubious source" in kind that happened to be really, really racist.

I said 'slightly dubious sources' like non-official sources or something casual like Wikipedia.

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88001 on: September 09, 2015, 04:48:55 pm »

Evidently, they took it too far.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88002 on: September 09, 2015, 04:49:57 pm »

Just like Hitler

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88003 on: September 09, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »

Wat.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88004 on: September 09, 2015, 04:50:10 pm »

Funnily enough, I know the Zynga thing probably can't happen as Toady has talked about how people are offering him hundreds of thousands of dollars cash for the Dwarf Fortress IP all the time. Gotta pony up the mils to buy DF, I guess.

But seriously, "Racist URL"? This is why Toady's slash-and-burn moderation style sits badly with me, there's know way to know anything about anything that happens.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 [5867] 5868 5869 ... 8848