Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133672 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85110 on: September 09, 2015, 04:57:21 pm »

From my point of view the happy thread was 20% people posting happy things, with the other 80% being animu, weird innuendo, incessant shitposting/dank meme storm and ~being passive aggressive is supah cool guyse~ so, nothing of value was lost, IMHO.
BUT MUH HAPPIES

..You're not wrong, really. But you can never have too many places to shitpost.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85111 on: September 09, 2015, 04:58:36 pm »

Another thing: What's a "racist URL"? A link to a racist site? An innocent link that somehow contains a racial slur? A link to a racist site that contains a racial slur? An unfortunate product of the gfycat random title generator?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #85112 on: September 09, 2015, 05:00:10 pm »

But seriously, "Racist URL"? This is why Toady's slash-and-burn moderation style sits badly with me, there's know way to know anything about anything that happens.

Sure that's the explicit reason but....c'mon. LSP has been shitposting for his own entertainment for years. It was always jarring to see a REAL post by them, with correct grammar and spelling and a point.....to then be followed up by a typical LSP post. It showed how great a gap there was between the average post and a post they actually cared about.

Maybe "posting a racist URL" was too explicit. The actual reason should maybe have been "flaunting moderation." Which we know pisses off pretty much every moderator on Earth.

As for Toady's moderation style.....he's got other things he wants to do than administrate the OT section of his boards. A full-time forum moderator would have the leisure of examining people's posting history, engaging them in debate, assessing motives and all that stuff. He doesn't have time for it though and it's not something you want to hire someone to control, just so we here can talk about something other than DF. The rules are there and he's been plenty lenient with people in the past. At a certain point you just have to go "This is my house and you've been fucking around in it long enough." I don't begrudge him that, even if I didn't personally see and measure the straw that broke the camel's back.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85113 on: September 09, 2015, 05:00:31 pm »

Another thing: What's a "racist URL"? A link to a racist site? An innocent link that somehow contains a racial slur? A link to a racist site that contains a racial slur? An unfortunate product of the gfycat random title generator?

Same here, I'm wondering what that was all about. I asked someone to PM me the link if they remembered what it was.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85114 on: September 09, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »

My guess is something racist but in a url

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85115 on: September 09, 2015, 05:01:39 pm »

I swear the mood around here is about as stable as Nitroglycerin during an earthquake...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85116 on: September 09, 2015, 05:02:18 pm »

Same here, I'm wondering what that was all about. I asked someone to PM me the link if they remembered what it was.
+1 me on that I'm intrigued to see what killed im

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85117 on: September 09, 2015, 05:03:47 pm »

I will admit I likely took things too far calling him out like that. But I still stand by my opinion and will even repeat it if asked, since there's no point in attempting to retract it.

And for the most part GC kept saying you shouldn't piss on other peoples happy more than telling people to get out. I think the only time she outright said that sort of thing was when people posted really objectionable content, usually relating to wanting to hurt or actually hurting other people.
It's really not that you said it...  I get that part, and I'm pretty sure he really is a piece of shit.  (Though my only interaction with him, years earlier, was playing some forum games and he seemed fine.  So it's *weird* from my perspective, is all)

But yeah it's not that you said it, it's that there was no response.  I've had several posts deleted that I would totally stand by, but they were too aggressive and I understand why they were deleted.  If that makes sense?

Anyway I don't even dislike Janet.  It's just that things and people get weird when cliques form, even unintentionally.  I think it got out of hand and I hope she doesn't take it too hard, and I do think it'll be good for her in the long run.

Jeezum crow the thread is still moving fast, 7 replies.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #85118 on: September 09, 2015, 05:04:20 pm »

Is Eurothread's (or was it other thread?) temporary lock-and-purge for 'laughing at Jews' related maybe to LSP's link and ban?? Or two different affairs there.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85119 on: September 09, 2015, 05:04:49 pm »

Bay12 will certainly be different now :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85120 on: September 09, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »

i don't like change
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #85121 on: September 09, 2015, 05:06:18 pm »

I am honestly surprised anyone would be surprised lsp got banned. He's been practically begging for toady to ban him for over a year now, and he never posted anything worthwhile to make up for all the shit.

I'm also surprised people are surprised he git banned for racism. I don't think there's many posts of his in the eurothread that isn't loaded with passive aggressive racism.

Edit: oh shit all off the ninjas
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85122 on: September 09, 2015, 05:06:55 pm »

I kinda like Toady's moderation style to be honest. Its better than arguing with the community on whats right or not, if TvTropes has taught us anything.

EDIT: Too much argueninjaing

And its not like LSP didn't really ask for it. I mean, other forum members have made questionable posts in the past, but he practically shitposted and made questionable arguments every other day, it was basically his thing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:08:52 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85123 on: September 09, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »

Is Eurothread's (or was it other thread?) temporary lock-and-purge for 'laughing at Jews' related maybe to LSP's link and ban?? Or two different affairs there.

No, that was reelya invoking Godwin on Loud Whispers.

That post is still there actually and it seemed like Toady One only locked it to give things a moment to cool down, don't know what if anything was deleted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85124 on: September 09, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »

New times, people die

I am honestly surprised anyone would be surprised lsp got banned. He's been practically begging for toady to ban him for over a year now, and he never posted anything worthwhile to make up for all the shit.
I'm also surprised people are surprised he git banned for racism. I don't think there's many posts of his in the eurothread that isn't loaded with passive aggressive racism.
Edit: oh shit all off the ninjas
When the gloves came off and LSP used punctuation things of quality were born, things such that men dream of.

No, that was reelya invoking Godwin on Loud Whispers.
Yeah but while that was spicy no one was banned then. There was a few more posts from LSP on Japan and then LSP is banned and happy thread dies.
Pages: 1 ... 5673 5674 [5675] 5676 5677 ... 10979