Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5720 5721 [5722] 5723 5724 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178923 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85815 on: September 16, 2015, 06:23:10 am »

So, Taco Bell will be offering alcohol now. Great.
How is that a bad thing? Most food is made better by pairing it with a bottle of good beer.

And frankly with the quality of my local taco bells... being drunk can only enhance the experience.

To give an idea of the quality of our Taco Bell, it is very common to find bone shards in your food (something it shares in common with dog food)... just don't chew.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:29:21 am by Neonivek »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85816 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:34 am »

Hahaha oh wow. There's no way this could go wrong. *cough*potheads getting boozed up in a drive thru*cough*
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85817 on: September 16, 2015, 08:03:04 am »

Thats not nearly as scary as the time Taco Bell offered "seafood salad". *shudders*

Anyway, back on the AI argument, isn't less complex beings evolving to/creating/generally being the cause of beings more complex than themselves the whole concept of evolution? Some people may think of it as unnatural, but I find that using technology to create things such as an AI that can then improve humans is the next evolutionary step, with the difference that we'll have more control over it.

As far as we know, all species eventualy go extinct due to some thing or another, and this may be our only way out of this trend. This is why I consider it an acceptable outcome if it ends up going all skynet on us, because we'll probably go extinct anyway. Of course, I hope that won't happen :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85818 on: September 16, 2015, 09:19:07 am »

No, no, no....you failed to mention the most cringetastic part. We're not talking just getting a 12oz plastic cup of Budweiser or Boone's Farm with your seven-layer burrito. They're unveiling "Twisted Freezes", which are sort of an unholy combination of Slushie and wine cooler.

My favorite offering? Mt. Dew Baja Blast with vodka. Nothing quite says "bro" like a spiked Mt. Dew slushie and a Beefy Fritos Burrito. They just need to put a shot of Monster Energy Drink in that and throw in a free can of Axe Body Spray.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85819 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:49 am »

Haha, given that people currently anthropomorphize neural nets that are relatively primitive, any AI advanced enough to hold a conversation with a human and actually understand what its talking about is GOING to have a personality.  I guess it wouldn't be a huge stretch to try and decide what that personality is.

Well, the optimal personality for an AI would be one that's obsessively masochistic. One that takes great pleasure in being degraded and told what to do.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #85820 on: September 16, 2015, 09:41:09 am »

Hey, I got a khachapuri blin and a half-liter of mead from a roadside kiosk this afternoon,.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85821 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:26 am »

Honestly, though, the obsession with evil AI gets me. It's not like it would be difficult to raise healthy, well-balanced AI. Simply teach them to act ethically, raise them as your own beloved children.

And, y'know, make sure that the people making and raising them have all their cookies in the tin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85822 on: September 16, 2015, 10:30:48 am »

Most of the danger that comes from a human level or superintelligent AI comes from the fact that we don't know who will come up with one first, or what someone might do by misusing one, rather than the AI going skynet.

Imagine a radical religious groups like ISIS having a super AI with them. Suddenly you have MuhammadCaliphnet, forcing every woman on the planet to sexualy submit to sunni muslims while wearing synthetic burkas while their husbands get beheaded with lasers, or something, while Shia muslims, christians and pretty much everyone else in the world that isn't a fundamentalist sunni muslim spontaneously bursts into flames, that burn in a pattern to form "Allahu Ackbar".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:33:15 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85823 on: September 16, 2015, 10:32:34 am »

Unless it just edited every video on the internet with dank memes instead.  :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:40:10 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85824 on: September 16, 2015, 10:34:08 am »

I still haven't tried Taco Bell... or any other uniquely American fast food joint, for that matter.
I'm kind of scared to, but I really want to or it won't be a successful US trip.

...Anyway, as much as I like booze, selling it in drive-thrus always seems stupid to me. I could get fully behind this change if it wasn't for the drive-thru part. At least it still isn't as stupid as drive-thru liquor stores in general... I'm not sure why that has become such a common thing.

Edit: Wait, looking at the article, this isn't a thing that's being added at existing taco bells, only specific new restaurants- without drive-thrus.
Crisis averted, don't worry guys, it's actually a great idea after all! :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:37:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85825 on: September 16, 2015, 10:36:57 am »

I thought Taco Bell was something you ate after having your judgment impaired by alcohol.  This seems backwards.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85826 on: September 16, 2015, 10:40:36 am »

I thought Taco Bell was something you ate after having your judgment impaired by alcohol.  This seems backwards.

Or drugs, don't forget the drugs. Which, mind you, Taco Bell would probably be selling by now, if it was legal :v

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85827 on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:02 am »

I feel like I'm the only person that genuinely enjoys Taco Bell. It's one of my favorite comfort foods.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85828 on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:33 am »

Hahaha oh wow. There's no way this could go wrong. *cough*potheads getting boozed up in a drive thru*cough*
Nah, the "cantinas" won't have drive-thrus.  Which makes it interesting, but not really fundamentally different than a cheap restaurant.  This is basically reinventing the local Mexican place, except making it a chain with fast, preprepared food.  Which... pretty much just makes me want to go to my local Mexican restaurant instead.  And I really like Taco Bell food, for what it is.  Particularly the combo TB/KFC locations, mmm.

The WEIRD part is that they're targeting American Millennials with this.  Uhhh...  Born near 2000?  It's 2015.  Drinking age in the US is still 21.  What.  I know plenty of young adults who would be all over this, but they ain't Millennials.

I feel like I'm the only person that genuinely enjoys Taco Bell. It's one of my favorite comfort foods.
Oh good, I'm not alone (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 5720 5721 [5722] 5723 5724 ... 10983