Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5722 5723 [5724] 5725 5726 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166445 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85845 on: September 16, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »

I'm with Rolan on this one, bomb squads really do get called for less. I do agree that the school overreacted a little bit, as once the boy was proven innocent, they should've pulled all legal charges and administrative punishments against him, but putting myself on the teacher's shoes, I'm pretty sure I'd have called the bomb squad.

I mean, even if it beeps and he wasn't evasive about it, I'd still prefer to call the bomb squad and risk public shame rather than not call the bomb squad and risk having several people get hurt or possibly die, even if the possibility of it actualy being a bomb being close to zero.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85846 on: September 16, 2015, 12:11:25 pm »

Dude... I'm no expert on realistic bombs, but presumably neither was the teacher.
The troubling issue is that the fact that they're trying to charge him with something suggests that neither was the bomb-squad.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85847 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:40 pm »

Oh, well yeah- I agree that all charges should be dropped as soon as they realise it's simply a clock.
I thought you were blaming a school teacher for not being able to accurately identify a bomb on the spur of the moment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85848 on: September 16, 2015, 12:19:10 pm »

All they're doing charging him still is showing that they can't just admit they were wrong about it. They have to have been right, they're the administration. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85849 on: September 16, 2015, 12:24:56 pm »

He should sue the police and the school. Because they cannot admit that hey made a mistake it becomes necessary that they be humiliated.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85850 on: September 16, 2015, 12:25:52 pm »

Dude... I'm no expert on realistic bombs, but presumably neither was the teacher.
The troubling issue is that the fact that they're trying to charge him with something suggests that neither was the bomb-squad.
...What?  Nobody thinks he actually brought in a bomb.  Especially not the bomb-squad.

They're accusing him of knowing that it looked like a bomb, basically.  Intentionally creating a scare, as a prank or attention thing.  I don't think he did, sounds like he was just really naive (14 years old).  But he might have been mischievous and doing it on purpose (again, 14).  I have no idea, we don't really know the kid well enough to judge.  Fortunately, all this press should stop the court from rushing to judgement (That's our job!  In both directions).

A friend of mine in high school got wrongfully suspended for a misunderstanding like this.  It wasn't news though, so it just quietly happened.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85851 on: September 16, 2015, 12:34:02 pm »

Well The Sims 4 finally did it.

I am finally disinterested in the series... which is an honest accomplishment.

What's wrong with it? How has it changed form sims 3.

To answer your question: Its what they REMOVED from the series.  Its no longer a "life simulator." Its now a "Give us the money for stuff that players would love to have, but don't use in the first 15 minutes of game play."

Here is a review that sums up my beliefs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BeVmHbMqAA

But, i you prefer writing: Its that they've removed every bit of individuality from the game itself. Numerous people (like me) Didn't want to deal with the baby and toddler setting, preferring to goto the child life state. However, this ignores, and even disrespects the people who DID want the toddler lifestate. With the toddler lifestate, you can soak in the sims reactions as they have their first steps, as they color.

The pools would come into play LATER in the game, as a form of extravagance, to show that you have really made it. So, it took the pools away, with the intent that they would likely pay for it later, when their sims are much more established.

Not everyone would have their house on a foundation, so those were taken away.

Not everyone would create their own textures, so those were taken away so we could pay for them later.

Now, the game seems so utterly bland, because your sims are not actually yours. They're the same as everyone else. Its especially noticeable with the new mood system. Everyone is the same. There are no quirks, very little customability, and yet, we know its POSSIBLE. EA took it away, and we KNOW they are going to charge for it. Its their way, it would seem. On to of THAT, it seems like EA doesn't care. If they were to say "We screwed up, and here is how we are fixing it." They give every complaint the same response. "We listen to your complaints. We are listening, but no, we're not telling you HOW to fix it."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:35:57 pm by SimRobert2001 »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85852 on: September 16, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85853 on: September 16, 2015, 12:40:48 pm »

Amurica no.
...huh.  That's actually highlighting other first-world countries as having the same issue.  Guess we're not alone... bittersweet news, >25% obese is pretty sad.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #85854 on: September 16, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »

That just seems like your typical cliche action-movie bomb right there. ::)

Except when it beeps, were it a real bomb, you wouldn't be alive long enough to report it. I don't think most if any bombs have a "Imagonna splode soon!" warnings.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85855 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fine, jeez.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85856 on: September 16, 2015, 12:56:23 pm »

That just seems like your typical cliche action-movie bomb right there. ::)

Except when it beeps, were it a real bomb, you wouldn't be alive long enough to report it. I don't think most if any bombs have a "Imagonna splode soon!" warnings.

I could see a blasting charge for mining or excavation having something like that as a safety warning. But not a terrorist or milotary device; that would be counterproductive
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85857 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:18 pm »

So have we really accepted that circuit board and wires = a bomb now?
If that's true I could be blown sky high any second by all these bombs around me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85858 on: September 16, 2015, 01:53:40 pm »

Haha it's funny because literally nobody has said that!  Good one!

They're accussing him of intentionally brought something that looked like a bomb.  I don't think it was intentional, but we don't know.
She/they

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85859 on: September 16, 2015, 01:55:11 pm »

I don't think it was intentional, but we don't know.
And likely neither do they but they are acting like IP lawyers about it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 5722 5723 [5724] 5725 5726 ... 10983