Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5734 5735 [5736] 5737 5738 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999932 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86025 on: September 18, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

Bunga bunga is a phrase of uncertain meaning that dates from 1910, and a name for an area of Australia dating from 1852.

Thank you Wikipedia, that is so helpful.

The term "Bunga Bunga" has been closely associated with former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in recent history.

Yes, that makes it so much more clear.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86026 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:29 pm »

Berlusconi had big orgy parties with his friends and also young women. I think LW was responding to youths having sex with much older people. But hey free drugs are free drugs.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:57:40 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86027 on: September 18, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »

... you mean that wasn't a captain caveman reference?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86028 on: September 18, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »

Bunga bunga is a phrase of uncertain meaning that dates from 1910, and a name for an area of Australia dating from 1852.

Thank you Wikipedia, that is so helpful.

The term "Bunga Bunga" has been closely associated with former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in recent history.

Yes, that makes it so much more clear.

IDK, I don't think encyclopedias should constantly rewrite articles based on the latest use of slang terms, go for urbandictionary if you want that instead of wikipedia. Wikipedia's job is to cover all facets of a thing, not just the latest popular usage. You had to read exactly one sentence about the previous history of the term before getting to the Berlusconi part. That's hardly wikipedia failing to deliver relevant info.

If you still think it's too vague, well, how exactly is wikipedia suppose to presciently be written to convey whatever it is that Loud Whispers was getting at, for a term which has no specific meaning? The term really has a circular meaning. Berlusconi's threw "bunga bunga" parties, where "bunga bunga" is defined as the things that happened at Berlusconi's parties.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:44:27 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86029 on: September 18, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »

Unrelated: Geez, if GTA V wasn't selling for $60 years after launch I might actually consider buying it. :I
It... released only a couple of months ago, on the PC at least...
It's a two year old game. The next-gen console and PC releases were pretty much nothing except graphical upgrades. They're still charging $60 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 editions, never mind the ports.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86030 on: September 18, 2015, 04:28:51 pm »

Willfully consuming alcohol shouldn't absolve someone from anything they do drunk.
Being young drives people to test authority and themselves.  Not only are they predisposed to making mistakes, they're much more likely to actually learn from them.

This, pretty much. Drunk people choose to drink themselves stupid, so we hold them accountable for what they to while drunk. Understanding your drinking limits is a thing.

And even it being that high is just to please all the bible grippers and busybodies. It could easily be taken down another year.
Yeah I don't think that's a good idea.
Why not?
Also, because having the age of consent down at 15 would open the door for waa-aay too many creeps.

Here in Sweden the age of consent is 15 (with exceptions for closeness in age), but that doesn't mean it is considered decent for grown people to see teenagers. That's still a social forbiddance (as it should be, in my opinion).

F***ing Swedish. Getting everything right. As bloody usual. I read that you're experimenting with the concept of paying workers more for fewer hours in order to make them work better.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86031 on: September 18, 2015, 04:37:23 pm »

Wtf-dit: Could this be the new record for the least time a bay12'er took to mess with somebody new to the forums?

2 minutes, 26 seconds.
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86032 on: September 18, 2015, 04:49:02 pm »

Berlusconi had big orgy parties with his friends and also young women. I think LW was responding to youths having sex with much older people. But hey free drugs are free drugs.
Also Berly got into trouble after he got accused of having sex with an underage girl called Ruby at a bunga bunga party. Then another girl. Haven't checked recently but I wouldn't be surprised if there were even more. Bunga bunga was very appropriate

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86033 on: September 18, 2015, 06:09:49 pm »

Wtf-dit: Could this be the new record for the least time a bay12'er took to mess with somebody new to the forums?

2 minutes, 26 seconds.
Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
That...Sounds like SOMEBODY got trolled...
Okay, yes, it was in fact the would-be GM got trolled.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:13:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #86034 on: September 18, 2015, 06:21:34 pm »

2 minutes, 26 seconds.
Definitely not, I occasionally PM the newest member on Bay with some miscellaneous weirdness.

"WELCOME TO BAY! NOW STRIP!" :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86035 on: September 18, 2015, 06:32:17 pm »

Unrelated: Geez, if GTA V wasn't selling for $60 years after launch I might actually consider buying it. :I
It... released only a couple of months ago, on the PC at least...
It's a two year old game. The next-gen console and PC releases were pretty much nothing except graphical upgrades. They're still charging $60 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 editions, never mind the ports.
The next-gen/PC releases were far more than just graphical updates. The population density of the game skyrocketed due to the much greater resources available to the game, which is not cosmetic in a GTA game - in the PS3/XB360 version (which can be obtained for as little as $15 used), there's hardly anybody walking around to kill (you can usually get as many pedestrians with a single shotgun blast as you can with a grenade or other explosive because there's so few folks walking about), and there just aren't all that many cars to steal.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86036 on: September 18, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »

Definitely not, I occasionally PM the newest member on Bay with some miscellaneous weirdness.

"WELCOME TO BAY! NOW STRIP!" :P
I thought that I was special ;_;

Actually you registered after me so nevermind
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86037 on: September 18, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »

In the middle of a lengthy infiltration (start here, raid several outposts on the way to one or two Side Ops) when I get an FOB call.
Nothing unusual. I load up on explosives and head out- except that, right before the Sortie Prep screen closes, "You have been disconnected from the session."
My internet didn't go out or anything... I didn't have to do the defense, which is kind of nice, but... ???
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #86038 on: September 18, 2015, 07:18:27 pm »

Human brain development is correlated with behavioral development, and the brain can fully mature as late as the mid-20s. Teenagers, by and large, are literally operating with a mental deficiency relative to adults. Compound that with a lack of experience and knowledge and you get bad decisions. Further combine the mix with substances which interfere with normal mental activity and potentially lethal devices? Why is that a good idea?

Again, it's not about being "stupid", it's about an average individual's ability to make reasoned, intelligent decisions. Having an underdeveloped brain reduces that ability, as does impairment by way of alcohol and/or a range of drugs. The consequences of a bad decision are much worse when the result is driving home while plastered, going cliff diving after doing shots, throwing stuff in front of trains, &c. versus falling off a porch or saying something socially awkward. Teenagers have a hard enough time making good choices as it is.
(sorry to bring this up again, but I feel I still have unmade points)
My counter is that while you can point and say "this person isn't as capable as they will be in X years" its ridiculous to say "this person isn't as capable as that person because that person is older" because there isn't any such thing as an "average" individual. EVERY SINGLE PERSON is "literally operating with a mental deficiency" in relation to everyone else, because our brains develop DIFFERENTLY.

Just because someone has a MORE developed brain doesn't mean it developed in a worthwhile direction that lends itself to understanding consequences.
There are tons of adults who have horrendous decision making, go to a trailer park, pick an adult there and compare them with a teen in the Honor Roll. Unfair comparison? Maybe, but that's the comparison that we've been constantly shown in the opposite direction when people want to talk about how dumb kids are. "Here's a successful businessman in the one percent versus this wannabe gangster getting drunk and...I dunno lighting his farts on fire or something stupid"

In short, there are PLENTY of people who shouldn't be allowed to make their own decisions, but it has very little to do with how long they've been on the planet.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86039 on: September 18, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »

Ow ow ow ow
So my favorite cheese is pepperjack, I love the combination of spicy and dairy right?  Like curry or cheesy meat dishes.

But I go to a different grocery store yesterday and can't find any pepperjack.  Instead I see something called "hot habernero" from Cabot.  "Eh probably about the same, and I've been wanting something a bit spicier anyway.

fucking ow
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 5734 5735 [5736] 5737 5738 ... 10974