Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5749 5750 [5751] 5752 5753 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186120 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86250 on: September 22, 2015, 05:51:29 pm »

Reminds me of the test where the very first instruction is "do not fill out the test paper". So I sat there while half the class fills out their test paper. I remember it was either a humanities class or an english class. Basically a reading the instructions thing or reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:54:25 pm by majikero »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86251 on: September 22, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »

This reminds me of a French assignment I have.

You can guess what it's about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86252 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:04 pm »

Write a letter to the Commissioner of the Orion Arm, requesting that they extend the range of radio silence enforced around the Sol system. It never specified that the person had to exist.

Fuck it, I'm doing this one. Maybe the professor will get a kick out of it, and if they don't it's not worth all that many points anyway.

Oh man, imagine how long it would take for that letter to arrive to the Orion Arm by snailmail.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86253 on: September 22, 2015, 06:42:27 pm »

Based on my latest KSP attempts it'll arrive quickly, very close to the launchpad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86254 on: September 22, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »

How on earth did two people get permabanned here in two weeks? Also, why is making a thread asserting illiberal opinions that go against the mainstream and having it shitposted to death considered bannable?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86255 on: September 22, 2015, 06:59:16 pm »

It's not, but contributing to the fight and thread degeneration pretty much right from the start can be. Which is what happened.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86256 on: September 22, 2015, 07:00:34 pm »

Reminds me of the test where the very first instruction is "do not fill out the test paper". So I sat there while half the class fills out their test paper. I remember it was either a humanities class or an english class. Basically a reading the instructions thing or reading comprehension.

Or a psychological experiment about peer pressure or groupthink
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86257 on: September 22, 2015, 07:01:35 pm »

It's not what was posted, rather how it was posted, and how he reacted to the responses which didn't immedately agree with him. Shitposting was kinda the natural response to the inability to have an actual debate. No idea about LSP tho, missed that one.

Ninjaedit:
Curse you and your quick typing Frumple!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86258 on: September 22, 2015, 07:04:41 pm »

...Was it for this thread?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153175.0

Because if it was, I'm out of the lower boards.  That was a truly disgusting display of trolling, and not by Rex Invictus.  Just look at those last few pages...

But maybe he tried to recreate the thread or something.  That seems more like the sort of thing Toady would ban for.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86259 on: September 22, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »

I saw plenty of shitposting by people who disagreed with him and almost no effort to debate. What I did see was "You're wrong and your source is bad, but I won't say why or how, and btw it's just a conspiracy theory lol". There was no sincere attempt to refute his arguments, and the response of an OP to that kind of ridiculousness in kind should not be bannable, unless all parties involved are also banned.

Edit:
...Was it for this thread?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153175.0

Because if it was, I'm out of the lower boards.  That was a truly disgusting display of trolling, and not by Rex Invictus.  Just look at those last few pages...

But maybe he tried to recreate the thread or something.  That seems more like the sort of thing Toady would ban for.
Yes, it was that one. Rex was banned for flamebaiting... i.e. posting controversial opinions and getting trolled. This is ridiculous, and is starting to look like suppression of the "wrong" views. It looks to me like he tried to start a discussion in good faith. Those who cannot handle good-faith, respectful discussions should not take part in them, and shitposting a thread to death should in no way be a way to get the thread locked or the OP banned. Instead, those attempting to get these things to happen should be banned.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:14:19 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86260 on: September 22, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

It's generally a bad idea to voice a dissenting opinion around here. :-\
That topic seemed risky from the start... it's certainly a shame what happened.

...Dear gods, I just looked at the last couple of pages. Fuck. There sure are some dou-- er, nasty people in the Twelfth Bay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86261 on: September 22, 2015, 07:15:28 pm »

It's generally a bad idea to voice a dissenting opinion around here. :-\
That topic seemed risky from the start... it's certainly a shame what happened.

...Dear gods, I just looked at the last couple of pages. Fuck. There sure are some dou-- er, nasty people in the Twelfth Bay.
And they are allowed to be malicious, vitriolic asshats, apparently only because they have the "right" opinions. That is wrong. Those who cannot handle civil debate without flinging shit should not partake in debate, and debate should not be banned because a small minority of the community is incapable of handling it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86262 on: September 22, 2015, 07:16:32 pm »

Wait wat, who got banned :v

You people need to learn to not get banned when I'm not looking.

EDIT: I just updated my knowledge. So long, Rex?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:19:01 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86263 on: September 22, 2015, 07:18:32 pm »

Wait wat, who got banned :v

You people need to learn to not get banned when I'm not looking.
LordSlowPoke got banned for a "racist URL", whatever that means, and Rex Invictus was banned for essentially poking holes in the media narrative over the clock incident and getting his thread trolled to death for it. Judging by comments several people made, this is the second time that's happened, and yet he was blamed for the whole thing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86264 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:03 pm »

I'm sorry, but nobody's obligated to be soft-touch and sensitive to someone who asserts their opinions as incontrovertible truths and consistently attempts to trivialize and insult people who disagree with them.

If you're looking for your poor-oppressed-white-men/far-right conspiracy-theory echo chamber, this ain't it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5749 5750 [5751] 5752 5753 ... 10983