Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5796 5797 [5798] 5799 5800 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13140891 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86955 on: October 01, 2015, 08:58:42 am »

People who hit the gas when going up hill.  Then they hit the brakes, at least 5 mph slower going down hill.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86956 on: October 01, 2015, 09:26:09 am »

Hit it really hard, or hit it hard enough to not slow down going uphill?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86957 on: October 01, 2015, 09:37:04 am »

Hit it really hard, or hit it hard enough to not slow down going uphill?
Accelerating
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86958 on: October 01, 2015, 09:56:56 am »

They want to fly, apparently.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86959 on: October 01, 2015, 11:11:02 am »

Kids from California who pass you going 50 in a 35, a construction zone, after your lanes have merged, by forcing you off the side of the road.

I mean, seriously, fucking kids.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86960 on: October 01, 2015, 11:36:30 am »

Kids from California who pass you going 50 in a 35, a construction zone, after your lanes have merged, by forcing you off the side of the road.

I mean, seriously, fucking kids.
Typically, Cops only grab people going 20 or over(in Tri-State area from my experience), unless they have other issues with the driving/vehicle...

My recommendation is get into the 'main lane' if it looks like they are going to get to the merge at the same time as you are.  They'll have to slow down and go your pace... or be a moron and switch over to the side lane and try to pass you.  That usually doesn't happen though.  (Its best to just slow down and let them pass at that point.)

Alternatively, just slow down so they'd definitely pass before the merge, then switch to the main lane.  (I tend to cut it close.  It gives huge bonus points to intimidation if they are paying any attention.  More then a few times, even if they are going faster, the spooked ones will switch to the slow lane after that, in highways...)
... I may be considered an aggressive driver sometimes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86961 on: October 01, 2015, 12:10:44 pm »

"Same difference" is dumb, but to have cake implies eating it. You can't eat a cake twice, which is why people can't have their cake (i.e. eat it) and then proceed to eat it too.
Oh, okay, that makes more sense, I took 'have' as you now own the/a cake, not that you ate it.

What? Gotta hope this is a joke. The meaning of "have" is "possess" in the proverb. It means you have to make a binary choice.

You have a cake. If you eat the cake, you no longer have a cake. If you didn't eat it, you could do something else with it. Give it to someone, eat it later or smoosh it into your enemies face. You don't have to eat it. If you kept the cake, you have options like "I can eat this cake when I want" in the future. But once you eat it, the possibility space collapses. It refers to every situation where if you pick one option then other options are excluded.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:27:00 pm by Reelya »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86962 on: October 01, 2015, 01:46:53 pm »

Abitur-difficulty exam tomorrow, on a subject that wasn't studied this period and I have no reading material for. I'd be more scared if this special exam was worth more than extra credit, but it was weird when I was told a few days ago "yeah, come to this test too, we need to test out this 'digital exam' system."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #86963 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:50 pm »

According to my Russian friends, the fact that I dislike going to bars for budgetary reasons is indicative of my "Jewish soul".

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86964 on: October 01, 2015, 02:54:29 pm »

One wheel short of a wagon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86965 on: October 01, 2015, 04:34:48 pm »

Apparently, there's a Category 4 hurricane heading in my direction, about tomorrow or so.

Really, I'd wish people would tell me theses things sooner.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86966 on: October 01, 2015, 05:15:15 pm »

According to my Russian friends, the fact that I dislike going to bars for budgetary reasons is indicative of my "Jewish soul".
Yeah, we get like this sometimes. To be fair, I've never met a Russian who was actually antisemitic (seen a few online, though, so they probably exist), but we have the "Jews and money" stereotype thing going pretty heavy, at least as joke material. It swings wildly from being positive (like when your bro manages to get hella cash and you congratulate him on being so Jewish) to being negative (like when that same bro refuses to lend you some money and you admonish him for being so Jewish). In short, they're supposed to be either savvy or tightwads, or both.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86968 on: October 01, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »

What? Gotta hope this is a joke. The meaning of "have" is "possess" in the proverb. It means you have to make a binary choice.
I'll think of a response after I have some cake
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86969 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:14 pm »

I'll think of a response after I have some cake
This debate is really eating me.
And cake.
Now I want cake.
CURSE YOU, BAYTWEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5796 5797 [5798] 5799 5800 ... 10980