Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002693 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86970 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »

Anyone remember what cake was innuendo for, when we started assigning confectioneries to sexual acts? Maybe the other ones, too. I've forgotten, and I'd like to know exactly what I'd be insinuating if I went and ate some of the apple pie in the other room.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86971 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:45 pm »

when we started assigning confectioneries to sexual acts
When the hell was this and why wasn't I invited

I am beginning to suspect a lack of goodwill on your part
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86972 on: October 01, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »

Pretty sure desc was there, so it's been within the last four years. If I remembered more specifically than that I'd just go and check :V

Also I don't think you weren't invited, you just didn't show up.
Ask not!
Ask!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86973 on: October 01, 2015, 06:15:26 pm »

Well, if that was long ago, then maybe I wasn't even there yet.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86974 on: October 01, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »

I remember it so it can't have been too long ago.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86975 on: October 01, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »

Anyone remember what cake was innuendo for, when we started assigning confectioneries to sexual acts? Maybe the other ones, too. I've forgotten, and I'd like to know exactly what I'd be insinuating if I went and ate some of the apple pie in the other room.

"Cake" = "romantic relationship". "Frosting" = "Sex".

Pie was platonic relationships; pie with frosting-esque content (like meringue) was friends-with-benefits.

Strangely, I can't actually find my original post about this. The closest I can get is references to it from May 2013.

e: WAIT WAIT I FOUND IT. Continues on for another page or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86976 on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:19 pm »

Apparently, there's a Category 4 hurricane heading in my direction, about tomorrow or so.

Really, I'd wish people would tell me theses things sooner.

Hmmm...Is 'stay safe and I hope your shit doesn't get wrecked' or 'why are you still online? get the fuck out of there' the better thing to say in this situation?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86977 on: October 01, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »

Apparently, there's a Category 4 hurricane heading in my direction, about tomorrow or so.

Really, I'd wish people would tell me theses things sooner.

Hmmm...Is 'stay safe and I hope your shit doesn't get wrecked' or 'why are you still online? get the fuck out of there' the better thing to say in this situation?
Yes, but it depends on the T- for impact.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86978 on: October 01, 2015, 07:21:41 pm »

Eh, if there's still internet to be had there's probably still time to run screaming into the hills if it's appropriate to do so.
Ask not!
Ask!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #86979 on: October 01, 2015, 07:33:08 pm »

The r9k board on 4chan is in a frenzy over this school shooting. Someone on 4chins spread news that this guy known as "eggman" was the shooter and gave his name as "Toby Reynolds" and now news and social media are all believing unconfirmed hearsay from an anonymous imageboard and hating on a guy who didn't do anything simply because he looks like "someone who'd shoot up schools".

The internet is possibly the most useful invention for preserving and sharing information that humanity has ever made and yet it's still so disgustingly piss-easy for misinformation to not only be spread but be accepted as true simply because everyone else is saying it is.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #86980 on: October 01, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »

Big news networks, at least here in America, have shifted from doing actual journalism to primarily aggregating and regurgitating information from others.  Its seriously like getting your news off of Reddit/Tumblr/random blogs at this point.  The only real difference is that news networks have access to things like press releases and intentional leaks, and as a result of this access tend to be a little faster on the jump with certain stories but on the other hand are more restricted in what they can talk about.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:02:01 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86981 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »

Most news networks just rehash stories from the AP or Reuters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86982 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »

Eh, if there's still internet to be had there's probably still time to run screaming into the hills if it's appropriate to do so.
There was an even better, longer, video of weather reporters reporting on an incoming hurricane... but I couldn't find it.  This is short and almost as good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVhrCpRPLpA
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86983 on: October 01, 2015, 08:04:56 pm »

Jumping to conclusions: The job

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86984 on: October 01, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »

Big news networks, at least here in America, have shifted from doing actual journalism to primarily aggregating and regurgitating information from others.  Its seriously like getting your news off of Reddit/Tumblr/random blogs at this point.  The only real difference is that news networks have access to things like press releases and intentional leaks, and as a result of this access tend to be a little faster on the jump with certain stories but on the other hand are more restricted in what they can talk about.
This is saddening.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5797 5798 [5799] 5800 5801 ... 10974