Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996794 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88770 on: October 28, 2015, 07:42:25 pm »

If men only use 10% of their brain, and women use 100%, then why are most top mathematicians and physicists men? Men are only coasting along on 10% after all xD
Because they aren't smart enough to fuck up their natural perfection? Humor Alert!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88771 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:08 pm »

The amount of pot Ive been smelling on-campus is increasing dramatically.  Mostly bad stuff, but occasionally I get smacked by good stuff
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88772 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:33 pm »

Seems more like a poke at the tendency for young American leftists to support radical Islam because Islam is a minority in America.  With no regard for what actual Islamic Americans generally support, or the ideals radical Islamists support.

It's pretty embarrassing as a mostly-liberal.
It happens here in Australia, too. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so horrifying.
You'll see people shouting down anyone who dares say a bad word about Islam because "das raycist", and then going on to pronounce their dislike of Christianity for how "oppressive" it is or whatever. It's funny because it's dumb, but sad because these morons are either the majority or an increasingly vocal minority, and I have to share a country with them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88773 on: October 28, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »

Isn't it more that they support their right to their own religion and that these are more crazy people who have a religion... then people who have been transformed into crazy people by religion-based radiation?

Especially when America can be so hellbent on demonizing Islam at times. Such as the "Islamic Church near the twin towers" thing that hit the news... Something that should have never made the news, made it because racism.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88774 on: October 28, 2015, 08:02:38 pm »

I realized I have no idea what pot smells like. And I possibly never will be able to tell it apart from anything else even if I had experienced it, because my sense of smell is such that poop, propane, and stir-fry vegetables smell the same, if I can smell them at all, and I often cant.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88775 on: October 28, 2015, 08:03:12 pm »

I'm a scientist* and I say you shouldn't eat turnips because they elevate your risk of inadvertently consuming live bacteria.

You should also give me your money.
I desperately need to know what text that asterisk is supposed to point to.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88776 on: October 28, 2015, 08:04:32 pm »

Sorry, I forgot what it was supposed to refer to as well...

Oh, right. It was supposed to refer to some statement regarding I am actually a science student, and haven't done any original research whatsoever. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88777 on: October 28, 2015, 08:16:30 pm »

Sorry, I forgot what it was supposed to refer to as well...

Oh, right. It was supposed to refer to some statement regarding I am actually a science student, and haven't done any original research whatsoever. :P
I'd like to know what is this incredible, all-encompassing "science" field you study. And how can you exploit it for maximum profit, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88778 on: October 28, 2015, 08:19:04 pm »

It's geology, specifically. I know where the dinosaurs hid the oil. It is mine. All mine.
I make Spellcrafts!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88779 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:50 pm »

I just realised I haven't seen The Merchant of Menace for a while. A look at his profile says he was last on about a month and a third ago, but he hasn't posted in over a YEAR.

Wonder why.
I do that on sites I used to frequent.  I stop because I have no interest in what they say but still want to remenice or something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88780 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:26 pm »

Tattoos that are anti-depressed-people. Apparently it's a choice. Choose Happiness.

I'm still aching from dicking around with boxes yesterday and Monday.

I also started picking at a mole on my leg. It hurts like hell. I thought I managed to dig most of it out, but when I looked at it later it was back.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88781 on: October 28, 2015, 09:48:20 pm »

Isn't it more that they support their right to their own religion and that these are more crazy people who have a religion... then people who have been transformed into crazy people by religion-based radiation?

Especially when America can be so hellbent on demonizing Islam at times. Such as the "Islamic Church near the twin towers" thing that hit the news... Something that should have never made the news, made it because racism.

Wow, it was worse than I thought actually:
http://time.com/3672921/charlie-hebdo-prophet-muhammad-muslim-cartoon-poll/
More than 4 in 10 French people believe Charlie Hebdo shouldn’t publish cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad, given that many Muslims find the images offensive

Any other religion is fair game, but not this one.  No matter that the magazine satirized Christianity as well.

Islamic Americans were almost entirely against the attacks, of course.  Most Islamic nations officially condemned them too... but in their streets, there were parades.  And in America, and France even, an embarrassing number of liberals chimed in "Well maybe they shouldn't have published that".

That's not "demonizing Islam", that's Islamic extremists being terrifying and effective.  Literally winning.  Actual Islamic Americans don't support this shit, and liberals shouldn't be jumping to defend it either.  Oh sorry, not defending it...  Suggesting that the victims were asking for it.

(And I supported that Mosque in New York, because that wasn't a matter of extremists getting their way.  It's kinda obvious why it was news worthy, though.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88782 on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »

That's no mole it's a distant cousin to the brainslug, the leg slug.   It got annoyed at being poked and kinda borrowed deeper into yer leg and now that yer not poking it anymore it relaxed and went back to gnawing on your delicious leg meats.

------

I got told by my supervisor that I do a great job fixing problems at my phone tech support job.  Of all the people I speak to only about 6% of them call back within half a month with the same issue.  That apparently puts me somewhere among the top 10 techs in a company with about 1000.  And he encourages me to keep it up.
And then as the bad news he tells me that I'm taking 5 minutes longer than I should be on average( I average 19.5 mins, expected time is 15), and that I need to get the customer's problem solved faster or I risk a write up.

So... yea I'm told I'm doing a great job taking the time to fix a problem completely instead of just getting it done as quickly as possible.   ...and then I'm told I need to fix problems quicker.   ...yea.   That kinda ruined my mood.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88783 on: October 28, 2015, 09:57:32 pm »

but in their streets, there were parades

Ahhh, now this is something you should check the facts for. Because let me tell you... America has created "Fake Parades" for the news SOO many unbelievable times.

A famous one for example is the taking down of Sudam Husain's Statue was 100% fabricated.

Then again parading because pretty much the large titan of villainy got a bloody nose... Though why would people just suddenly parade either way? I didn't think America has been such a super villain in the middle east before this.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:01:14 pm by Neonivek »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88784 on: October 28, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »

Any other religion is fair game, but not this one.  No matter that the magazine satirized Christianity as well.

It isn't about satirizing (though that doesn't help). Islam has a strong tradition of aniconism (something that was also present in Calvinism and Byzantine Iconoclasm), that used to extend to any depiction of a living creature. If you've ever wondered why geometry and calligraphy are so big in medieval Islamic art, it's because in much of the Islamic world (at least early on) depictions of humans and animals weren't acceptable. Strict aniconism is only practiced today by nutty groups like the Taliban, but never has it been acceptable to depict Allah in Islamic art, and only rarely or in Shiite art is the prophet Muhammad commonly depicted (typically with his face obscured).

This actually reminds me of an awesome movie that was made in the '70s about Muhammad and the beginnings of Islam, that never showed him on screen or speaking (the name of it escapes me). I think you see like one shot of his trousers, while he's holding this gnarly sword with two prongs at the end. The people around him speak directly into the camera when talking to him, with no reply, and you hear this recurring music in the background to know he's around.

Point is, there is more to it than being unable to take criticism, since the image itself may be considered a violation, regardless of intent.
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 10973