Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5979 5980 [5981] 5982 5983 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995252 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89700 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »

What about using planck units? it makes everything simpler because you're incorporating physical constants into all your input values anyway.

The average human male is approximately 3.2*10^9 planck masses.

We already measure people in 10^3 grams, using gigaplancks wouldn't be *that* far off.  Well, a factor of 10 ish...  A lot of things would be in decigigaplancks.
And I would be happy with that
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89701 on: November 10, 2015, 03:08:40 pm »

But how would you convert decigigaplancks into American? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89702 on: November 10, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »

I was thinking more alongside "change the system of measurements where speed of light equals 1" and so on...
See the thing is that we do do this, and that's why the measurements are so funky. :P In this case our '1' unit for avogadro's number are the kilogram and the atom, thus resulting in the current value for avogadro's. Since so many scientific constants are related by ratios/etc., you have to make a choice where you only get to set so many of the value to 1, because you then reach a point where all other values are determined from the chose '1' values. In our case we chose things like the Joule, the Coulomb, the Watt, the kilogram, the meter, the atom; those were our '1's we decided to use. Since everything else is than derived from those measurements, we then end up with the funky numbers we use today.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89703 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:56 pm »

Some funky conversion factor.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89704 on: November 10, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »

Some funky conversion factor.
It's actually a fairly simple process. First you punch the person trying to weigh people in decigigaplancks in the face, and then you weigh whoever you're measuring in pounds.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89705 on: November 10, 2015, 03:47:22 pm »

You compare a person to the mass of wooden planks.

Alternatively you petition the US government to change the official metric to scale bananas.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89706 on: November 10, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »

It's actually a fairly simple process. First you punch pound the person trying to weigh people in decigigaplancks in the face
FTFY
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89707 on: November 10, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »

Alternatively you petition the US government to change the official metric to scale bananas.
What if someone lobbies for it to be a specific kind of wood instead?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #89708 on: November 10, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »

It's actually a fairly simple process. First you punch pound stone the person trying to weigh people in decigigaplancks in the face
FTFY
FTFY
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89709 on: November 10, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

What if someone lobbies for it to be a specific kind of wood instead?
Consistency, in the United States?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89710 on: November 10, 2015, 05:47:49 pm »

Ended up paying $6(plus tax) for one of those coin-shaped batteries. And it looks like any other battery of the same shape I could have gotten from a dollar store(probably because it is) for less.

Unrelated, but my mother thinks Girl Crush is a country song.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89711 on: November 10, 2015, 06:40:31 pm »

But that is country music. It's your view of country music that is cliched/wrong, not your mother. Little Big Town aren't really any different to the Dixie Chicks or other girl/country groups. Little Big Town are a Nashville band, signed to a country music label, and their music is pretty much straight country ballad / girl group stuff. Remember this is the music from your mother's generation, so you should sort of assume she has more knowledge about such things.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:04:37 pm by Reelya »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89712 on: November 10, 2015, 07:48:15 pm »

So apparently my sociology teacher managed to finish "correcting" the stuff we sent him after the time for teachers to submit grades to the system was over, resulting in no one having grades for the subject. It'll probably end up with it being fixed in a few days, but I'd rather know if I passed before it's time for inscriptions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89713 on: November 10, 2015, 08:20:39 pm »

Inscriptions?
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89714 on: November 10, 2015, 08:25:58 pm »

Why the hell does it have to be so hard to find proper drivers? The installer for the drivers says no Intel adapter is installed. I'm looking right in the case, right at the thing my network cable is plugged into, it clearly says "Inteltm Gigabit Ethernet".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5979 5980 [5981] 5982 5983 ... 10973