Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5980 5981 [5982] 5983 5984 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995773 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89715 on: November 10, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

To Beelzebub.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89716 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:17 pm »

So apparently chessboxing is a thing.

And it's pretty much what it says on the tin. Alternating rounds of chess and boxing, until someone wins either by checkmate or KO.

MZ....any good at chess?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89717 on: November 10, 2015, 08:42:44 pm »

Inscriptions?
Maybe I said it wrong, it's pretty late. I mean signing up for subjects, which happen at the end of every semester (things got delayed due to a four-month... strike? Can't think of a better word.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89718 on: November 10, 2015, 08:53:12 pm »

My mom's coworker's kid made a new facebook account. Added all of her friends except her mom. Some of her mom's friends were on that kid's friend list.

The kid is posting some pretty explicit shit. Normally I'd say that the bitch of a coworker deserves it for insulting/lying about everyone else's kids while flaunting her own as a literal angel, but that kid seriously needs to take that shit down before the cops come knocking on their door. Again.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89719 on: November 10, 2015, 09:09:54 pm »

Inscriptions?
Maybe I said it wrong, it's pretty late. I mean signing up for subjects, which happen at the end of every semester (things got delayed due to a four-month... strike? Can't think of a better word.
We'd probably just call it enrollment.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89720 on: November 10, 2015, 09:14:58 pm »

Inscriptions?
Ah. I'm a bit unfamiliar with this system. Up until this semester, we didn't sign up for subjects. the subjects were signing up for us
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89721 on: November 10, 2015, 09:59:37 pm »

A crappy eureka moment. Apparently, I must upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 to get proper drivers. A disc with Win7 costs yet another $100.

Alternatively, I could keep going with this crappy USB adapter(better yet, put the PCI wireless adapter in which I neglected to do because I thought I would have the ethernet jack to use)... which is currently downloading a Steam client update at around 20KB/s, as opposed to ~2MB/s.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89722 on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:53 pm »

Is this an XP computer or something?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89723 on: November 10, 2015, 10:01:49 pm »

What is wrong with the Republican Party.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89725 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09:13 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/10/455532242/analysis-at-the-university-of-missouri-an-unlearned-free-speech-lesson

what the hell is even going on here?

i hate it when people rant about their "first amendment rights". have any of them actually read the constitution? it literally just says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

that has absolutely nothing to do with 99% of the times its invoked.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89726 on: November 10, 2015, 10:12:41 pm »

Is this an XP computer or something?
Vista. Fortunately, I can upgrade straight to 7 without nuking all my data.

that has absolutely nothing to do with 99% of the times its invoked.

Same with the Second Amendment. Goddamn, I wonder if people will ever flip out about supposed violations of the Third Amendment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89727 on: November 10, 2015, 10:13:48 pm »

But that is country music. It's your view of country music that is cliched/wrong, not your mother. Little Big Town aren't really any different to the Dixie Chicks or other girl/country groups. Little Big Town are a Nashville band, signed to a country music label, and their music is pretty much straight country ballad / girl group stuff. Remember this is the music from your mother's generation, so you should sort of assume she has more knowledge about such things.

Quite. While a lot of people think that country music is either the "bro country" that is quite vocal right now, or the "A train ran over my dog, and momma wrecked my truck into my house" style that never really existed, country is among the most varied types of music that is currently popular.

On that subject, am I the only one that thinks the start of Girl Crush sounds very much like Zelda 3 music?

EDIT:
@Akura
There has been some, mostly used to attempt to get the Armed Forces (or at least the taxes used to pay for them) declared illegal.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89728 on: November 10, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/10/455532242/analysis-at-the-university-of-missouri-an-unlearned-free-speech-lesson

Not understanding the idea of a public space?
Framing things they don't like as harassment?
Wanting to control the entire conversation?
Blowing up at people who aren't even white and then claiming to be striking out against racism?

Sounds like typical SJW shit to me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89729 on: November 10, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

Not understanding the idea of a public space?
Framing things they don't like as harassment?
Wanting to control the entire conversation?
Blowing up at people who aren't even white and then claiming to be striking out against racism?

Sounds like typical SJW shit to me.

The revolution devours its own children.
Pages: 1 ... 5980 5981 [5982] 5983 5984 ... 10973