Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6050 6051 [6052] 6053 6054 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13208208 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90765 on: November 25, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »

One time I had a wank to The Muppets Christmas Carol
Fair enough point.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90766 on: November 25, 2015, 12:45:58 pm »

One time I had a wank to The Muppets Christmas Carol
I like to eat bogers
Haven't thought of it, that's yet another reason why is kind of ridiculous. But let's not go down that way again.

The A/C on the office is acting up again, I seriously think that thing is trying to kill me, either by high temperature or shaking so violently that it will collapse the whole building. The technicians have all morning fixing it and they are really in the way of a important hall leading to the kitchen. So I have to sit here in my office with dirty dishes, that's for some reason getting me over the edge.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:48:32 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90767 on: November 25, 2015, 12:50:54 pm »

No, but we should respect it because it's reasonable and costs us nothing. I kick puppies.
I want to dispute that, just as a disclaimer, but I'm actually poop - wouldn't it be totally deniable anyways? I mean, see saw- you can put nothing in a dingo and attribute it to me.
Shit, didn't mean to type that part out loud.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90768 on: November 25, 2015, 12:52:48 pm »

No, but we should respect it because it's reasonable and costs us nothing. I kick puppies.
I want to dispute that, just as a disclaimer, but I'm actually poop - wouldn't it be totally deniable anyways? I mean, see saw- you can put nothing in a dingo and attribute it to me.
Piss, he totally mean to wrote that whole in quiet.
Somebody, quick, make a game thread of this.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90769 on: November 25, 2015, 12:58:37 pm »

At work a hotel sent me a spreadsheet with some pricing agreement stuff.  First, the spreadsheet is locked so I can't do anything directly with it so I have to copy-paste a bunch of stuff into a blank spreadsheet.  Second, on one of the tabs on that spreadsheet they sent they have a bunch of hidden rows in it with junk data for no particular reason, which throws off everything I was trying to do with it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #90770 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:48 pm »

Would this be the Ritz-Trollton Hotel?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90771 on: November 25, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »

Fixing up someone's laptop, mouse wasn't working...  Fn-F6 isn't reenabling it...  Try pressing just F6.
It activates the mouse ???

So there's a bunch of features bound to the function keys, like disabling the mouse or wireless (never liked that, helped out a few people who did that accidentally...)  Normally you have to hold the Fn key while pressing F3 or whatever to access these extra functions.

Turns out that, by default on these Gateways, it's backwards.  You have to hold Fn to access the real function keys...  If you just hit F6 by itself, it helpfully disables the mouse.  So crazy!

The original issue was that Cortana and the Start Menu were "not working".  Which causes Windows 10 to helpfully offer to sign you out and try again.  Explorer and everything still worked, just not their new silly phone-app nonsense...

All I did was reboot the computer a few times (trying to get to the recovery partition to restore it to windows 8 (it's new, the guy said a factory reset would be fine)).  On the third boot Windows randomly started installing updates!  It took a whole half hour, including another reboot, but when it finished it was working fine.  Madness.  The computer's had this issue for a couple of days, and hasn't had a network connection all day, yet it magically found these updates to fix itself.  Magic.

Also I hate that computers these days have all sorts of different hotkeys to access the BIOS, and *no longer announce the button on bootup*.  I'll hit delete, F2, F8, F12, F7, WHATEVER, just tell me.  There's no reason not to tell me!  (Searching for "Gateway BIOS Key" produced posts suggesting all those different keys.  It was F2)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90772 on: November 25, 2015, 01:53:34 pm »

Lots of laptops these days have the 'second' functions bound as the first, because honestly I only use the F8 key about twice a year and I'm probably unusual in using it that often.

Of course, they usually have this indicated on the keyboard somehow.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90773 on: November 25, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »

Yeah... It was indicated, I just missed it.  Didn't know it was a thing.  So strange to me!
She/they

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90774 on: November 25, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »

There might be a Fn-Lock combo somewhere which would toggle it?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90775 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:23 pm »

Yeah.  What Caroline said is basically why noquote exists.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90776 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:25 pm »

gateway laptop?  probably has the setting hidden away in BIOS I just fail at reading apparently

also: cortana has never worked for me, hasn't even come up, think it has something to do with region settings and system language and all that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:58:30 pm by bluejello »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90777 on: November 25, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

For me Cortana doesn't work, the system simply said that both the language and the region are not supported.

A few minutes ago the clutter on the hallway was lifted, I went and did my dishes, then brushed my teeth and while I was bent over the sink, facing down I managed to spit my right eye. I don't know what complicated mess of physics it took or if it was a glitch on the matrix or whatever, but I swore that was what just happened.

Caroline you can quote me just fine, don't worry about it. Please just bear in mind that as yourself already acknowledge simply not being quoted (by asking) it not safer in any regard. I urge you and all people in general to think about what you are going to post first, and if is something sensible simply don't do it. If you still feel the urge then take extra steeps to ensure you can't be tracked down. Employ both technical means as proxies and change places, names, dates and other details.

Even then know that the best way to keep a secret is simply not telling anyone, and all the preventive measures in the world can fail too. Telling you this as a pal and IT admin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:55:20 pm by LordBaal »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90778 on: November 25, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »

A lot of people make posts that they don't want to be tracked back to them on reddit, anonymously.

I have seen one person still get caught while doing that because their SO was a redditor, though.

(I have no idea who Truean is, but I only started reading and posting in GD a couple days ago because seeing everything Trump says, and seeing people support and defend him, is frustrating)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #90779 on: November 25, 2015, 03:36:20 pm »

Truean is our own resident Phoenix Wright, only with more awesome. And who is transgender, though not openly. Hence the intent to obfuscate identity.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6050 6051 [6052] 6053 6054 ... 10984