Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6117 6118 [6119] 6120 6121 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13163301 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91770 on: December 12, 2015, 02:14:52 am »

I find that this is a good guideline on what is considered a worthwhile post.
Whatever that video was, I should probably be glad my school enforces Youtube restrictions. What was it? A rickrolling attempt?

EDIT NOPE, was not a rickrolling attempt according to my way of getting around the filter (Saveitoffline.com)
EDIT: for instance, your use of rickrolling in this thread was much better, because you created expectations and then dashed them upon the cruel rocks of rick astley's hairdo
I don't know ISG27, from this understanding of rickorolling it was textbook. It set up an expectation/hope of sincerity which was dashed on video loading.
Technically I didn't load the video, only looked at it's title. 5 hours of ...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91771 on: December 12, 2015, 02:21:30 am »

Implying that bog-standard rickrolling isn't shitposting at this point? It's less creative and thought-provoking than answering Darude - Sandstorm when someone asks what a song is.

It's well beyond evoking any emotion, even annoyance, delving into the abyss of mild apathy. Getting rickrolled is the online equivalent of someone you barely know telling you about something they claim is interesting that turns out to be dull, but not even dull enough for you can recount the experience to someone else later in the vein of "can you believe how boring they are?" The grey, empty chaff that fills the cracks of existence. A digital manifestation of the essence of ennui. That's what rickrolling is these days.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91772 on: December 12, 2015, 02:32:33 am »

Yeah, the threshold of using a meme successfully rises as it ages. At this point, one needs an absolutely perfect moment to rickroll someone and have it be funny. They are very rare, and it takes a certain brilliance to notice one of those moments.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91773 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:18 am »

Here, have a rickroll.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #91774 on: December 12, 2015, 02:45:48 am »

Damn it steam
What. What. Why. How.
Because he has a massive fanbase that will buy the game no matter how shit it is.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91775 on: December 12, 2015, 02:53:21 am »

Here, have a rickroll.
It's funny because it's not actually Rick Astley.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91776 on: December 12, 2015, 02:59:30 am »

I found my rifles magazine disassembled. The spring is missing. I am deeply upset. The rifle itself is fine. But I don't even know if I can load it through any other means, or if the spring will ever turn up in one piece. I'll probably have to replace it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91777 on: December 12, 2015, 03:51:45 am »

Implying that bog-standard rickrolling isn't shitposting at this point? It's less creative and thought-provoking than answering Darude - Sandstorm when someone asks what a song is.

It's well beyond evoking any emotion, even annoyance, delving into the abyss of mild apathy. Getting rickrolled is the online equivalent of someone you barely know telling you about something they claim is interesting that turns out to be dull, but not even dull enough for you can recount the experience to someone else later in the vein of "can you believe how boring they are?" The grey, empty chaff that fills the cracks of existence. A digital manifestation of the essence of ennui. That's what rickrolling is these days.
That said, sigged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91778 on: December 12, 2015, 04:04:13 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91779 on: December 12, 2015, 04:33:31 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91780 on: December 12, 2015, 05:01:32 am »

Psychological horror was a user-defined tag.

I mean, seriously. Regardless of the reviews it has, regardless of anything else, psychological horror on a comedy game. That tells you something about the quality of things.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91782 on: December 12, 2015, 05:40:48 am »

Here, have a rickroll.
It's funny because it's not actually Rick Astley.

The Avril Lavigne one certainly belongs in this thread.

Luna Haruna... never heard of her before, but damn she's actually pretty hot. Also, I think it's the one singing in a piece I found years ago but didn't have a title or singer for(still don't have the title) that's been bugging the crap out of me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91783 on: December 12, 2015, 06:07:38 am »

tbh i closed the avril lavigne video after a few seconds but it reminds me of this

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91784 on: December 12, 2015, 08:32:45 am »

Why the fuck is my nose running? Oh shit, I just sneezed.
I had better bloody not be getting a cold at the near-height of Summer. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6117 6118 [6119] 6120 6121 ... 10983