Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6236 6237 [6238] 6239 6240 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996414 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93555 on: January 08, 2016, 10:49:31 pm »

Hey, do you guys remember that Line Rider internet toy that was big a few years back? The one where you made a track for the little sled guy to ride?

Apparently, he had a name.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #93556 on: January 08, 2016, 10:59:31 pm »

Hey, do you guys remember that Line Rider internet toy that was big a few years back? The one where you made a track for the little sled guy to ride?

Apparently, he had a name.
'Bosh', huh?
That kinda fits it, actually.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93557 on: January 09, 2016, 12:42:41 am »

lol tvtropes

actually where's FD real quick that place has been full of silly shit for a while
I'm a bit late and strapped for time so just take this: TVTropes is full of shit and you shouldn't support it or their userbase in their shady legal BS, censorship, or attacks on the servers hosting ATT.
Honestly I'm just waiting for ATT to have non-awful layout.
'tis a fair cop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93558 on: January 09, 2016, 01:23:43 am »

So, I was reading some old sci-fi. The author apparently believed that, in the far-fetched distopian future of 1985, our standard military weapons would be "4mm Machine Pistols with Sniper Scopes". I, uh... What? The mental images.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93559 on: January 09, 2016, 01:31:38 am »

That sounds amazing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93560 on: January 09, 2016, 01:37:20 am »

I read some Olaf Stapledon a few years ago. I think it was Star Maker where the stars went from red giants to yellow dwarves (by shrinking as their mass was consumed!) and so on. It was from the 30s, though, so I assume he had an excuse.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93561 on: January 09, 2016, 01:39:58 am »

Well... I can't say I'd expect them to be accurate enough to warrant any kind of scope or magnification. But hey. They shoot fast, right? :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93562 on: January 09, 2016, 01:41:50 am »

So, I was reading some old sci-fi. The author apparently believed that, in the far-fetched distopian future of 1985, our standard military weapons would be "4mm Machine Pistols with Sniper Scopes". I, uh... What? The mental images.

For a long time people were expecting flechette guns to become real. The army spent hundreds of millions over decades trying before saying "Screw it, not worth it".

Even if you could fit a hundred rounds of lethal ammunition into a single clip.  Small caliber is really nice if you can make it work for your purpose.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #93563 on: January 09, 2016, 01:48:40 am »

I googled that and it lead to this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which is the most tactical thing I've seen in my life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93564 on: January 09, 2016, 01:49:35 am »

Maybe he was expecting the guns to be recoil-less! I know recoilless rifles are a thing! If I google it I get results!

*pretends not to have looked at the wikipedia page*
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93565 on: January 09, 2016, 01:50:01 am »

Ok something sort of bugged me about a dragon movie I seen

In it they reveal that secretly all dragons have a second lung a "Ice Lung" that lets them breathe ice.

and I just kept thinking to myself "Why the world would dragons have a biological process they can't use unless specifically taught?"

Sure Humans have quite a few things they can't do unless taught, but they aren't major biological functions. We don't have wings on our back secretly.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93566 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:05 am »

... you're applying logic to the biological traits of fire-breathing dragons. I think you need to take a step back and reconsider some things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93567 on: January 09, 2016, 01:54:41 am »

... you're applying logic to the biological traits of fire-breathing dragons. I think you need to take a step back and reconsider some things.
He's making a 100% science-based dragon MMO!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93568 on: January 09, 2016, 01:56:11 am »

Well it would be one thing if it was magic like a LOT of dragon fire is...

But it isn't magic, it is a biological function.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93569 on: January 09, 2016, 01:58:55 am »

It's magic, they just decided to add some scientific-sounding hoohah to it to try to make it seem more plausible and missed the mark hilariously.

There are, in fact, certain biological things that humans can do that can be taught, though; meditation and hypnosis are the obvious ones. Both of those are real things that have real effects, and one can learn to utilize them. That's more taking advantage of quirks of the brain rather than some weird goddamn organ that does nothing unless you learn to use it, though.

EDIT: seriously is it petty to go after a guy for using my MIDI and calling it a remix, it didn't happen again recently but i seriously have 0 idea on the opinions of this, i only know of two people who have ever complained about this problem and one of those people is me
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:08:32 am by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 6236 6237 [6238] 6239 6240 ... 10973