Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6237 6238 [6239] 6240 6241 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997411 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93570 on: January 09, 2016, 02:13:56 am »

I have no idea but you could probably have youtube take his video down because dmca without too much trouble. It's on youtube, right? Am I being dumb?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #93571 on: January 09, 2016, 02:31:07 am »

Plenty of fantasy universes give humans innate magical powers that can only be used with training. The fact that it's tied to a specific magical organ is mostly irrelevant. The dragons have an organ that they have no instinct how to use because a wizard did it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93572 on: January 09, 2016, 02:40:21 am »

I googled that and it lead to this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which is the most tactical thing I've seen in my life.

That is definitely a... Special firearm.

I kinda don't think the guy knew enough about guns to have heard of flechettes. I kinda think he'd heard people were using  smaller rounds, sniper scopes made guns easier to aim, and that machine pistols were scary, and took this to the logical extreme.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93573 on: January 09, 2016, 02:42:09 am »

Humans have the innate magical power of walking on two legs, but it can take several years to master it. However, as the legs are an external organ, it's obvious what could be done with them. If they were internal organs, such as the aforementioned dragon 'ice lung', and nobody knew they were there, or had ever used them accidentally, or ever autopsied another human, it could possibly lead to the ability never being learned. It is extremely unlikely and implausible in real life, but plausible in fantasy. Of course, considering breathing is a reflex and not a learned ability, it makes no sense.

Did anyone ever forget how to breathe?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93574 on: January 09, 2016, 02:42:19 am »

Yeah, so, a couple I hang out with is having problems. Married 4 months or so, and now he's saying he might want to leave..... This is after partner quit job on promise of support..... Nevermind the emotional cluster ... that gets into.  It's just a massive issue.

He can't seem to deal with partner's panic attacks and anxiety is the big overarching issue. This is a fixable issue for them both. So sad if that derails it so soon.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93575 on: January 09, 2016, 03:37:38 am »

I have no idea but you could probably have youtube take his video down because dmca without too much trouble. It's on youtube, right? Am I being dumb?

No, I wouldn't and shouldn't do that. It's not even my music.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93576 on: January 09, 2016, 03:43:38 am »

DANG IT TUMS!!!

You actually taste pretty good for medicine. Better then a lot of real candy.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #93577 on: January 09, 2016, 07:12:03 am »

Oh dear god yes, I have to get the shitty tasting white ones or I start questioning "am I taking this because I actually need it?"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #93578 on: January 09, 2016, 10:37:44 am »

Had a very strange experience on the train to the goat farm two days ago. Large tall dude of maybe about 20 was on the phone with his mother, shouting very loudly about something about his dad, and stomping and kicking the handrails. It was difficult to understand what exactly he was saying since Europeans have strange accents in their Portuguese. I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93579 on: January 09, 2016, 12:18:00 pm »

Things that made me WTF today: Footjob is apparently now on a goat farm in Portugal.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93580 on: January 09, 2016, 12:22:36 pm »

Humans have the innate magical power of walking on two legs, but it can take several years to master it. However, as the legs are an external organ, it's obvious what could be done with them. If they were internal organs, such as the aforementioned dragon 'ice lung', and nobody knew they were there, or had ever used them accidentally, or ever autopsied another human, it could possibly lead to the ability never being learned. It is extremely unlikely and implausible in real life, but plausible in fantasy. Of course, considering breathing is a reflex and not a learned ability, it makes no sense.

Did anyone ever forget how to breathe?
You could forget TO breathe, but presuming your brain is not damaged, at worst you'd faint and automatically go back to autopilot, *how* to, not really.

With legs, it's slightly different - the issue is not so much a PARTS, WAT DO? as developing Required Secondary Powers like muscle strength and a fine-tuned sense of balance in order not to faceplant into the ground.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93581 on: January 09, 2016, 12:52:49 pm »

... if it's not your music then why are you upset? Admittedly I don't do music, so I could be missing something.

On the "ice lung" discussion, nobody's ever learned to use their appendix, have they? :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93582 on: January 09, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »

I dunno, I feel like having an ice breath would be known instictually.  Like how bats just know they have echolocation, or some lizards can shoot blood out of their eyes or something.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93583 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:19 pm »

... if it's not your music then why are you upset? Admittedly I don't do music, so I could be missing something.

On the "ice lung" discussion, nobody's ever learned to use their appendix, have they? :P

They made a "remix" by taking my transcription of the sheet music and swapping out the soundfont. That's a two-minute operation. It seems disingenuous.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #93584 on: January 09, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »

Things that made me WTF today: Footjob is apparently now on a goat farm in Portugal.

Yep. Winter vacation gig.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6237 6238 [6239] 6240 6241 ... 10973