Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6238 6239 [6240] 6241 6242 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996970 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93585 on: January 09, 2016, 01:17:55 pm »

So you're complaining its a lazy remix, Putnam?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93586 on: January 09, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

yes

there's nothing i can do about it without seeming petty

it's bothersome

Also, someone finally called toby fox lazy in one of my music references videos

I was PREPARED

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93587 on: January 09, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »

I was watching GDQ because some runner I follow was running R&C:UYA, but I hadn't looked at his stream in a while.

When he got to a specific part he announced one of the hardest tricks in the game, and did fucking skrunchless.

last time i was in his stream skrunchless was basically an in-joke, a trick that saved like fifteen seconds (the WR is 33:01 right now, to give some context) and was considered to be an inconsistent gimmick forever. i did a double take.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93588 on: January 09, 2016, 02:16:34 pm »

I have no idea but you could probably have youtube take his video down because dmca without too much trouble. It's on youtube, right? Am I being dumb?

No, I wouldn't and shouldn't do that. It's not even my music.

... if it's not your music then why are you upset? Admittedly I don't do music, so I could be missing something.

On the "ice lung" discussion, nobody's ever learned to use their appendix, have they? :P

The appendix does actually serve a purpose, namely inoculating you as a small baby with various helpful bacteria. It's just kinda superfluous after age 0.75.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93589 on: January 09, 2016, 02:16:54 pm »

So, I was reading some old sci-fi. The author apparently believed that, in the far-fetched distopian future of 1985, our standard military weapons would be "4mm Machine Pistols with Sniper Scopes". I, uh... What? The mental images.
Low caliber caseless high velocity ammo. That's the only idea i have that could make it work.
Low mass projectiles would mean less kick so the bullets can get some extra propellant to compensate.
Altho i'm not sure if a gun like that could really snipe because it would need an extended barrel.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93590 on: January 09, 2016, 02:26:13 pm »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93591 on: January 09, 2016, 03:32:38 pm »

Calculated, found that it'd only be slightly more to purchase (and by purchase I mean "rent used copies") textbooks for this semester from my campus bookstore. The catch? This notice when you checkout:

You are viewing an estimated total based on the textbook options you selected. If a Used book is not available, we will substitute it for a New book and your final total will be higher than the current estimate. If you are unhappy with the substitution, we will gladly process a refund or exchange.

Seriously? So you could potentially give me a surprise charge of probably double what I expect to pay, then leave me without books and make me go through a whole refund process? Why the heck do you think that you don't need an option to turn this "feature" off? :/

I'll just order online, even if they come a few days late I'm not dealing with the campus bookstore >_>
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93592 on: January 09, 2016, 04:08:41 pm »

God I love attending a tiny community college. Small classes, nice bookstore people, and they make cheap aftermarket versions of the cripplingly expensive textbooks.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #93593 on: January 09, 2016, 04:10:34 pm »

My university is alright for price - I spent £80 on all my books, and some were buy two get one free deals.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93594 on: January 09, 2016, 04:12:29 pm »

Calculated, found that it'd only be slightly more to purchase (and by purchase I mean "rent used copies") textbooks for this semester from my campus bookstore. The catch? This notice when you checkout:

You are viewing an estimated total based on the textbook options you selected. If a Used book is not available, we will substitute it for a New book and your final total will be higher than the current estimate. If you are unhappy with the substitution, we will gladly process a refund or exchange.

Seriously? So you could potentially give me a surprise charge of probably double what I expect to pay, then leave me without books and make me go through a whole refund process? Why the heck do you think that you don't need an option to turn this "feature" off? :/

I'll just order online, even if they come a few days late I'm not dealing with the campus bookstore >_>

My bookstore has listed stuff as "required" that my profs never even heard of a few times.  I always check Amazon for textbooks if I can, just copy the ISBN number into the search bar.  You can even rent from Amazon now.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93595 on: January 09, 2016, 04:32:44 pm »

My bookstore has listed stuff as "required" that my profs never even heard of a few times.  I always check Amazon for textbooks if I can, just copy the ISBN number into the search bar.  You can even rent from Amazon now.

I use bigwords.com. You put in all the books you need, and it gives you a list of stores and where to buy each book to get the cheapest price. It's pretty nice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93596 on: January 09, 2016, 04:41:05 pm »

I went to the opera. Thaïs by Jules Massenet.

Things I learned:
  • In 4th century Egypt everyone wore tuxedos and top hats and used paper money to 'make it rain'.
  • People were extremely far-sighted. "Where is Athanaël?" Lying heartbroken right in front of you, doofus!
  • Nun welcoming rituals frequently cause novices to faint and not wake up until three months later.
  • Wallowing in sorrow for 20 days in the desert without food or water leaves a person completely healthy and ready to chase after their loved ones.
  • It is possible to make an infamous courtesan convert to Christianity over a single night.
  • It is possible to make a devout monk give in to temptation over a single night. (Though this case took months to be realized.)
  • Those stories about applause sometimes lasting over half an hour are true.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #93597 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:03 pm »

Hmmm. The 4th century was the Greek Classical era, and they kinda took over Egypt. At least before 323 BC, when Alex died.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93598 on: January 09, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »

Two things from me:

First off, StarWars Hell is almost over. Just one more show to live through and Ill be done with it for a month or three.

Secondly, I learned that the guy who owns the place where I work plans on running a show of Kung Fu Panda 3 every two hours when we get it. Considering that we dont even know how long the run time is and we have one screen...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93599 on: January 09, 2016, 05:03:06 pm »

Hmmm. The 4th century was the Greek Classical era, and they kinda took over Egypt. At least before 323 BC, when Alex died.
4th century C.E.

Christianity was (relatively) recently founded and taking a foothold in Egypt. I'm pretty sure Christian monks and nuns didn't exist before that, so their presence should be a hint.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6238 6239 [6240] 6241 6242 ... 10973