Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6290 6291 [6292] 6293 6294 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995511 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #94365 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:17 pm »

How long does this US Election business actually take, anyway?
Are you asking for presidential elections, or in general?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94366 on: January 22, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »

He locks whatever gets reports. He's not too bothered about the lower boards really, just so long as he can keep them from having any drama that takes more work to deal with. It's easier to just lock things as soon as reports start rolling in.
Not... really? He also purges posts from threads that get drama-y or whatever without locking them. He usually on locks threads are probably more trouble than they're worth, like the RAGE thread(s) and controversial politics.

Too long.

In NZ it's basically just, "let's have an election, oh look National got majority again, see you in three years". The US seems to drag it out for sodding ever, and exports all the bullshit as some kind of perverted propaganda.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94367 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:02 pm »

Ha, yeah.  It's barely 2016 and this has been going on for months already.

Wait, don't we have a thread for the 2016 elections already?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94368 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:30 pm »

The ride never ends.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94369 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:53 pm »

Hype starts up about 2 years before the presidential election as people start campaigning. Elections happen every 4 years.

So yeah.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94370 on: January 22, 2016, 11:47:56 pm »

Basically we spend half a presidents' term ignoring them and trashing next elections' candidates. Unless they're on the ballot, of course.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94371 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:00 pm »

Hehehehehehe.
I appreciate a good meme, even if I don't get it, but that may be the most unreadable English text I have ever seen.
Even when I could make out the letters, the phrases defied all meaning.
I can't make out the letters. Transcription, please?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94372 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »

Ditto.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94373 on: January 23, 2016, 12:02:46 am »

So I have this 1 inch scar in the middle of my right hand. Smack-dab in the middle, slanted to the left (toward my chest) when I hold my palm up toward my face. No clue where the hell it came from, as the last thing to give me a scar was a 6-inch cut from a half inch staple. I think I would notice something like that on my hand.

The WTFery? On my other (left) hand, I'm having this wierd, semi-painful sensation in a similar pattern; about 1 inch long, slanted toward my chest (right in this case), and I'm not really sure where it's coming from. So the question is, am I being marked or something, is there a ghost, or did I just fuck up my hand?

Either way, scared the shit out of me when it started.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94374 on: January 23, 2016, 12:03:29 am »

Erm...Doctor?
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94375 on: January 23, 2016, 12:10:36 am »

Erm...Doctor?
"What seems to be the problem, Mr Chaotic Skies?"
"Well, Doctor, I have these two weird scars in the middle of my hands. I have no idea how they got there."
"Hmm, let me see...I've had years of medical training and am an expert in my field...yep, looks like scars. Do they hurt?"
"Yeah."
"Hmmm. Sounds like you're shit out of luck, kid. Nothing I can do for mysterious scars that just magically appeared on your hands out of nowhere."
"Thanks, Doc."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94376 on: January 23, 2016, 12:13:18 am »

Eh...I don't go to the doctor. Ever. For example, there was the time I was sick as fuck, thought people were teleporting all over, saw dancing anime figures, and generally having a good (if slightly unpleasent) time. Only now that I look back on it, I'm pretty sure that's negelect on my parents part, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #94377 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:32 am »

Erm...Doctor?
"What seems to be the problem, Mr Chaotic Skies?"
"Well, Doctor, I have these two weird scars in the middle of my hands. I have no idea how they got there."
"Hmm, let me see...I've had years of medical training and am an expert in my field...yep, looks like scars. Do they hurt?"
"Yeah."
"Hmmm. Sounds like you're shit out of luck, kid. Nothing I can do for mysterious scars that just magically appeared on your hands out of nowhere."
"Thanks, Doc."

Just saw this, this is the best thing I've seen in a while

*Descends into a mixture of insane giggles and strange snorts*

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #94378 on: January 23, 2016, 12:26:30 am »

Eh...I don't go to the doctor. Ever. For example, there was the time I was sick as fuck, thought people were teleporting all over, saw dancing anime figures, and generally having a good (if slightly unpleasent) time. Only now that I look back on it, I'm pretty sure that's negelect on my parents part, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not quite that level of hallucination, but I had a similar experience.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #94379 on: January 23, 2016, 12:39:04 am »

So... of the sixty odd cards I've opened from MTG boosters today, you would think the mythic rare Planeswalker was the most expensive...

but it's actually the Flooded Hearth (searchland, I think?) that is $20 while the planeswalker is $5.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6290 6291 [6292] 6293 6294 ... 10973