Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6622 6623 [6624] 6625 6626 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188069 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99345 on: March 27, 2016, 08:37:03 pm »

More even heat distribution. Same reason for things like tandoori ovens. Needs to be a relatively homogenous, smooth stone though, or else you're actively creating hot spots that will burn the crust or leave you with pockets of undercooked dough.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99346 on: March 27, 2016, 09:27:54 pm »

Yeah, there's no comparing a pizza cooked on a tray to a pizza cooked on a proper stone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99347 on: March 27, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

Pizza that can be folded is an abomination anyway, why quibble over details.
This. What more need be said?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99348 on: March 27, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »

Pizza that can be folded is an abomination anyway, why quibble over details.
This. What more need be said?
This. You uncultured swine :P :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99349 on: March 27, 2016, 09:49:35 pm »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99350 on: March 27, 2016, 09:51:33 pm »

Yeah, there's no comparing a pizza cooked on a tray to a pizza cooked on a proper stone.
I'm imagining a pizza that's charred in the middle and soft out the outside.

I'm also imagining a more realistic scenario where there's a small but noticeable difference, and wondering what it's like to be bothered by that.  I can barely smell things at all, and my taste buds are weak, so I appreciate texture a lot...  And I still can barely understand the problem.  Maybe I just enjoy variety of texture because I'm weak in other culinary senses. 

Like how I sometimes make random foods spicy on a whim for sake of variety, or I char foods because the black carbon tastes different.  Except that's not unusual, people enjoy toast...  I just go a little farther
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #99351 on: March 27, 2016, 09:57:09 pm »

On a mostly non-pizza-related note, I'm watching a Let's Play of Toby Fox's Halloween Hack. Yes, that Toby Fox. It's really kind of jarring to see how much he's matured since making this thing. No offense to him (he considers it an old shame anyway, IIRC,) but the whole thing just comes across as an edgy crappypasta badfic. It's obviously supposed to be scary, but it tends to cross into 2spoopy4me territory whenever it tries to be unsettling (which is all the time.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #99352 on: March 27, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »

On a mostly non-pizza-related note, I'm watching a Let's Play of Toby Fox's Halloween Hack. Yes, that Toby Fox. It's really kind of jarring to see how much he's matured since making this thing. No offense to him (he considers it an old shame anyway, IIRC,) but the whole thing just comes across as an edgy crappypasta badfic. It's obviously supposed to be scary, but it tends to cross into 2spoopy4me territory whenever it tries to be unsettling (which is all the time.)

You should see some of the fan games,comics,fictions,art....nevermind, I'm not listing it all out. Anyway, the unofficial nickname for Underfell Sans is Edgy Mc My Chemical Romance. It's pretty edgy.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99353 on: March 27, 2016, 10:10:03 pm »

I'm imagining a pizza that's charred in the middle and soft out the outside.

I'm also imagining a more realistic scenario where there's a small but noticeable difference, and wondering what it's like to be bothered by that.  I can barely smell things at all, and my taste buds are weak, so I appreciate texture a lot...  And I still can barely understand the problem.  Maybe I just enjoy variety of texture because I'm weak in other culinary senses. 

Like how I sometimes make random foods spicy on a whim for sake of variety, or I char foods because the black carbon tastes different.  Except that's not unusual, people enjoy toast...  I just go a little farther

There's a couple points in favor of stones:

1. Because you preheat stones (but not pans) they cook the crust faster, which means that you'll never get a soggy crust from the ingredients soaking through before it's fully cooked.
2. Stones tend to absorb moisture, meaning that the crust will be crisp and just a little chewy, rather than a doughy mess (if you deliberately make pizza crust thick and doughy, you sacrifice your right to talk about pizza).
3. It cooks the pizza much more evenly throughout.
4. You can free-form the shape of the pizza if you make your own.
5. Easiest thing in the world to clean. Just let cool and wipe clean.

The only real downside is that you can break a stone if you've got butterfingers. There's people dedicated enough to make their own dough for high-heat cooking so they can pop the pizza onto the stone at >500 degrees and get it done well in a flash, but that's rather more effort than most people would expend, so no pro there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #99354 on: March 27, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »

You should see some of the fan games,comics,fictions,art....nevermind, I'm not listing it all out. Anyway, the unofficial nickname for Underfell Sans is Edgy Mc My Chemical Romance. It's pretty edgy.
...Wat?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #99355 on: March 27, 2016, 10:39:57 pm »

...Wat?
Let me go load up tumblr, I'll show you :)

EDIT: NVM they locked the official blog, can't show how edgy the Edgster is.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:54:21 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99356 on: March 28, 2016, 12:19:41 am »

oh my god almost all of my problems with the DF community come from other people not getting into the game specifically because I liked the long-term goals

but... now that i think of it, it is pretty goddamn annoying when people run into someone else's hobby project and say "YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG". Like, yeah, it's fine when it's basic usability, but there's a lot of people saying things like "the world activation didn't add anything".

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99357 on: March 28, 2016, 12:29:18 am »

What do they mean, when they say world activation didn't add anything?!
It's now a lot harder to run out of potential migrants, for one thing.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99358 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:46 am »

Doesn't affect fortress mode gameplay in a particularly meaningful fashion == does nothing, apparently
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99359 on: March 28, 2016, 05:19:34 am »

Doesn't affect fortress mode gameplay in a particularly meaningful fashion == does nothing, apparently
But it has affected sieges in a meaningful fashion.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Pages: 1 ... 6622 6623 [6624] 6625 6626 ... 10983