Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6624 6625 [6626] 6627 6628 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000863 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99375 on: March 28, 2016, 12:50:47 pm »

I actually kind of enjoy convincing useless dwarves to be useful, normally in the military. It's also really funny to watch them wander around until there's a single piece of dirt in the fort :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99376 on: March 28, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »

Yay xD

I am demoralized with my Visual Novel project due to not wanting to disappoint the many people whose stuff I can't use...

While I desperately want to make a RPGMaker MV project.

Yet one gets a lot of posts and the other doesn't... and Lack of response makes me nervous. Maybe I need to lay the foundation first.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99377 on: March 28, 2016, 01:56:31 pm »

I looked at the rpg maker one, but couldn't tell anything about the aesthetic, and wasn't quite sure of art size (how pixelly?).

Whereas both are clear on the other one.
One wheel short of a wagon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99378 on: March 28, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »

I looked at the rpg maker one, but couldn't tell anything about the aesthetic, and wasn't quite sure of art size (how pixelly?).

Whereas both are clear on the other one.

Well... That is paradoxical...

Given that the Visual novel one is the one people have the most trouble with understanding...

Yet the RPG Maker one has a very specific outline with hard examples and templates to follow. Yet is harder to understand?

---

Not so much looking for submissions so much comments to help me stay on track, ideas, and criticism.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99379 on: March 28, 2016, 02:02:39 pm »

Are you making your project for yourself or for others?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99380 on: March 28, 2016, 02:03:18 pm »

You can play a fort without ever touching them, but its a pretty significant feature that opens a whole new layer of complexity to your fort, and most importantly, another way to get people into your fort that aren't semi-useless dwarves with random irrelevant skills :v
Yeah, I'm actually excited about these things. My latest map has a lake with a very narrow portion (as in literally one tile wide) with an impassable mountain section on the left bank and a lightly forested grassy hills on the right bank. Incoming migrants/invaders/trade wagons/etc come in on the right side. So I've created a "trade town" above ground on the right bank, with bridges going into the actual dwarf fortress on the left bank. The trade depot, temples, taverns, etc will be in the lightly fortified trade town, while the actual fortress will be damn near-impregnable.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99381 on: March 28, 2016, 02:04:43 pm »

Both.

I want to make a project. Yet I am a very "Others" minded and find it hard to remain motivated under my own power.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99382 on: March 28, 2016, 02:17:46 pm »

Both.

I want to make a project. Yet I am a very "Others" minded and find it hard to remain motivated under my own power.
I am demoralized with my Visual Novel project due to not wanting to disappoint the many people whose stuff I can't use...
You seem anxious that you'll disappoint the VN people, and as a result are afraid to produce anything at all.
That's actually super-easy for me to understand (social anxiety GO!) but it's counterproductive. Just throw something together. It won't be up to standard, and that's fine. After you have the basic framework done, the rough, ugly, you-constantly-want-to-beat-yourself-up-for-it-not-being-perfect-on-the-very-first-try first draft done and out there, you'll find things are, although not magically easy, a ton easier than they were before. after that just upgrade it, refine it, improve it, and so on.
While I desperately want to make a RPGMaker MV project.

Yet one gets a lot of posts and the other doesn't... and Lack of response makes me nervous. Maybe I need to lay the foundation first.
alternately, just say F it, and do what you really want, others be damned. The whole point of the exercise is for you to make something you enjoy having made and can be proud of. If that's the RPGmaker project, then just up and do it. it'll draw a ton more attention once you have it up and working.

Either way, better to make something than sit there torn between them doing neither.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #99383 on: March 28, 2016, 02:18:14 pm »

Me: Huh, she's wearing a sailor outfit

Younger sister: Oh, that's cool, I wonder if something cosplay related is going on

Me: Oh she's going into a restaurant. Are those more people wearing those

Younger Sister: Oh god, NO

I have no idea what to think of this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99384 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:58 pm »

Ohh man, when I was getting out of the usnavi the Peanut butters were going in.

The PBs look like fake chiefs uniforms but they really do a good job accentuating the hips.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99385 on: March 28, 2016, 02:38:08 pm »

Your right. I am not happy about disappointing people in my Visual novel thing... and I don't want to leave people behind, but they are definitely not gonna catch up.

So i'll abandon that for RPG maker.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99386 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:39 pm »

Younger sister: Oh, that's cool, I wonder if something cosplay related is going on

I don't know either because the image isn't working.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #99387 on: March 28, 2016, 06:08:34 pm »

I don't know either because the image isn't working.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99388 on: March 28, 2016, 06:28:08 pm »

Just had a really weird panic about go.

My ranking on the game site went down, because I lost matches against weaker players, and I nearly got to 19 kyu (worse than 18th). I started panicking, but kept losing matches, partially because it was too late. I began to think that I was getting stupider.

Then I finally realised that I wasn't playing stronger players, in part because it takes longer to find matches against them (player numbers petering off at every level so far), but later because I was scared to lose again, and wanted to win against weaker players, to fufill my sense of self-worth and give me my confidence back. This meant it would be pretty much impossible to rank up, as a victory against a 23 kyu (weak) player gains me little to nothing, while I gain around 1/4 of a kyu by beating a 17 kyu (stonger), and the reverse is true when applied to rank loss on losing.

I also was losing more against lower level players because I was playing weak-agressive and too fast, and didn't want to let myself admit they were a threat. So it was really a viscious cycle. But happily, I know now that I just need to go up against stronger players.

This all happened in about 4 hours. I know I seem a bit rank-obssessed, like one of those kdr fetishists playing fps, but your rank should average to your ability on the go site, so it going steadily down is very scary; as if one is losing brain cells.

While this probably wasn't very interesting, writing it was helpful and cathartic. Maybe there should be a "things that made you anxious and upset but you then realised were inconsequential" thread.

All I really learned in the end was that being lazy and picking the low hanging fruit never pays. Losing is fun: a DF and souls fan should not have forgotten this.
One wheel short of a wagon

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #99389 on: March 28, 2016, 06:36:49 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6624 6625 [6626] 6627 6628 ... 10974