Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6824 6825 [6826] 6827 6828 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145955 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102375 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:06 pm »

Well that's depressing. That really shouldn't be the norm at all.

I will bring it up at some point. Generally I find any form of confrontation pretty much terrifying though, hence the "rudely trash talking them behind their backs". By the point I actually call someone out on their shit I'll have to be pretty damn pissed off. With the amount of other bad shit this guy does (stealing my food, smoking indoors, leaving piles of food in the sink, locking people out of the bathroom, leaving taps running) he'll probably be looking for a new place to live before long.

Fakeedit: @Sirus: What do mean by "other roommates", my friends or the two I dislike?
If the former, I would probably move out and never speak to them again. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102376 on: May 17, 2016, 09:33:10 pm »

Well dang, I didn't realize that complaining about people in the WTF thread was suddenly such a breach of etiquette.
Yoink, look up Hanlon's Razor and get back to me. Or don't. Frankly I don't know why I'm still bothering with this.
It's almost like you're threatened by someone eating according to their morals, and feel the need to attack their morals.

I mean...  I eat meat occasionally, now, but I'm okay with that.  I know about the increased carbon footprint and I've personally visited the conditions animals are typically kept in.  So I don't write off vegetarians as some "first world problem" or "holier than thou" thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102377 on: May 17, 2016, 09:41:45 pm »

With the amount of other bad shit this guy does (stealing my food, smoking indoors, leaving piles of food in the sink, locking people out of the bathroom, leaving taps running)
Now you have actual justification to be as mad as you appear to be. It's still petty, but far less so.

But still, you're going to move out over someone's choice over eggs, or is that just on top of everything else? If it's the former, you're overreacting. If it's the latter, yeah, leave them.

Apologies if I came off as rude earlier.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102378 on: May 17, 2016, 09:43:46 pm »

How do you know if they're cage eggs?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102379 on: May 17, 2016, 09:47:31 pm »

Really, Rolan? I haven't attacked Yoink's dietary preferences at any point, other than assuming he was vegan due to him finding eating meat "pretty gross" and talking about dead things in the fridge. And that was a simple misunderstanding.

Let me make this clear once and for all, I literally couldn't care less what Yoink or anyone else chooses to eat. That ranks a solid 0.0 on my give-a-shit-o-meter. What I find distasteful is Yoink's scorched-earth attitude towards something he finds disagreeable, which is why I mentioned Hanlon's Razor. He is attributing to malice what can be explained by ignorance, and his reactions are completely unjustifiable.

I can understand having to be in close contact with someone you dislike (for some valid reasons, don't get me wrong), but given the last few pages I almost want to ask this roommate what they think about Yoink.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102380 on: May 17, 2016, 10:22:03 pm »

With the amount of other bad shit this guy does (stealing my food, smoking indoors, leaving piles of food in the sink, locking people out of the bathroom, leaving taps running)
Now you have actual justification to be as mad as you appear to be. It's still petty, but far less so.

But still, you're going to move out over someone's choice over eggs, or is that just on top of everything else? If it's the former, you're overreacting. If it's the latter, yeah, leave them.

No, no, no, the eggs is the one thing of those that isn't petty. Apart from maybe the wasting water or smoking indoors.
The idea that cage eggs is a "petty" issue to get worked up over is the whole problem here. :-\

And you weren't particularly rude, don't worry about it. I think you just don't entirely understand the topic here- or perhaps you choose not to.

Edit: I'm glad at least a couple of people seem to see the issue with cage eggs, even for non-vegetarians. Makes me a bit less sad.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:24:51 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102381 on: May 17, 2016, 10:24:28 pm »

No, no, no, the eggs is the one thing of those that isn't petty. Apart from maybe the wasting water or smoking indoors.
The idea that cage eggs is a "petty" issue to get worked up over is the whole problem here. :-\

And you weren't particularly rude, don't worry about it. I think you just don't entirely understand the topic here- or perhaps you choose not to.
I don't understand why the source of eggs is so significant other than giving money to them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102382 on: May 17, 2016, 10:29:54 pm »

I seriously don't know that much about the whole 'cage eggs' thing...

But, uh, seriously, how do you know they're cage eggs, and how fo you know they're evil cage eggs?  Like, Sonlirain said there's some humane-ish versions of cage eggs.  Again, I don't know, and I'm not sure I can particularly care based on the sheer void of knowledge, but...Seriously.  How evil are we talking and how are you sure they're that evil?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102383 on: May 17, 2016, 10:35:21 pm »

It rained today.   A lot.  Still drizzling, even at night, which is unusual here.  I just drove over to the corner store and I think I personally ended 2 games of real life frogger, almost 4, due to what I can only assume were yolo toads.  They were everywhere.

I think I'm starting to realize why ancient peoples thought frogs were spontaneously created from puddles whenever it rained.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion on evil eggs.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:37:14 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102384 on: May 17, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »

Well, if you're actually curious I could link you to plenty of footage and facts about egg farms.
Or just a quick Google search would probably give you a pretty good idea of the conditions in them.

Fakeedit: @TBF: They say on the carton, "Cage eggs". There's not much more to be said.
And if you mean the "some hay and actual space to move inside but obviously not too much" part Sonlirain mentioned, that's not really any better. If you mean the earlier categories, all the ones below three don't count as cage eggs. There's really a lot of room for mistreatment without the actual 'cage' part, battery hen farming is really the worst of the worst.

Anyway my internet is being screwy and besides this has kind of derailed the thread.
If people want to continue the argument discussion, we should probably take it to PMs or make a new thread. I don't think there'd be much interest here, really...

Edit: Oh dang, a whole new page. Whoops.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:40:56 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102385 on: May 17, 2016, 10:38:45 pm »

I think I personally ended 2 games of real life frogger, almost 4, due to what I can only assume were yolo toads.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion on evil eggs.
One sig, two sig, red sig, blue sig?

====

Yoink is ninja.

Yup, that's evil.

Or definitely amoral at least.

*shudders*
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:41:57 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102386 on: May 17, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »

Nah, I'm a pirate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102387 on: May 17, 2016, 10:42:24 pm »

Nah, I'm a pirate.
Ninja pirate zombie robot?
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102388 on: May 17, 2016, 10:50:40 pm »

Oh, go soak your head Yoink. You're giving vegans everywhere a bad name with your holier-than-thou attitude.
He's a bit extreme in his reaction, but honestly. There is no good reason to buy caged eggs. They cost the same and taste worse, and have a heap of ethical problems on top of that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102389 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:13 pm »

Oh, go soak your head Yoink. You're giving vegans everywhere a bad name with your holier-than-thou attitude.
He's a bit extreme in his reaction, but honestly. There is no good reason to buy caged eggs. They cost the same and taste worse, and have a heap of ethical problems on top of that.
Unless, of course, you just didn't know. Which has been my argument from the very beginning.

I can't comment on the cost or taste factors because I very rarely have eggs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6824 6825 [6826] 6827 6828 ... 10980