Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6858 6859 [6860] 6861 6862 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13142323 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102885 on: May 25, 2016, 11:53:36 pm »

You could use that Captain Nazi guy who was mentioned in this thread not long ago.
Or just draw Jesus in spandex beating the shit out of sinners before brutally forgiving them. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102886 on: May 26, 2016, 01:24:13 am »

I was once given a sheet about the different ways Jesus was represented and used as a symbol for throughout the different books, there were illustrations, too, and one of them was a picture of Jesus in a toga looking like the most badass semi-divine being I had ever seen, seriously, he looked like an anime character in a toga and thongs punching something.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102887 on: May 26, 2016, 02:33:16 am »

Dang it Neonivek don't buy Overwatch! STOP IT!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102888 on: May 26, 2016, 02:38:01 am »

Dang it Neonivek don't buy Overwatch! STOP IT!
If you have to buy it, gift it to me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102889 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:18 am »

You know, Neo, if you're having a hard time stopping yourself from buying games, you could always buy games for me instead so that you have less money to spend on unwanted games. :P

Fakeedit: ninja Japa.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102890 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:39 am »

Now to play the tutorial for the 7th time now that the game runs smoothly and I can make saves. It's lucky I like punching Jing Woo in the face.
Lucky you. I couldn't get Saints row 3 to run... i mean i could but the game would crash so hard it takes the system with it after 5 minutes of playing in dx10/11 mode and would run as if i were using an Athlon 3000+ when in dx8 mode.

The game ran fine on Win7 but 10? Nope have a hard crash instead!
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102891 on: May 26, 2016, 03:31:18 am »

O_O

At 80+ dollars... like heck I am gifting people overwatch.

Warhammer Total War was cheaper...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102892 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:43 am »

You get what you pay for.
Some times though, it's overpriced crap.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102893 on: May 26, 2016, 03:53:04 am »

You get what you pay for.
Some times though, it's overpriced crap.

Judging by my latest Nintendo purchase... YEP! (ugh!)

Warhammer Total War is at least a 6 and Overwatch is a 5... for me.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102894 on: May 26, 2016, 03:59:26 am »

I jsut realized that blizzard trolled console gamers hardcore.

PC overwatch was released below the typical AAA price of $60 40 to be exact.
But the console version is called "Origins edition" is $60... BUT!
It contains extra content!
However...
Most of those extras are for other blizzard games...
That are exclusively PC ;P

There’s only one format that they can grab the game, and that’s as the $60 “Origins Edition”. It has nothing of huge significance that differs it from the $40 version, save for some skins and other items that are specific to other Blizzard games. And even then, most of the items in the Origins Edition are for Blizzard games that are strictly on PC, such as Tracer for Heroes of the Storm or a Baby Winston pet for World of Warcraft.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102895 on: May 26, 2016, 04:31:36 am »

Wouldn't the correct answer just be a... hell, blank page?

Sorry mate, I'm putting the copyright on Blank Page Man right now. :P

Even so, that is a ridiculous assignment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102896 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:02 am »

Now to play the tutorial for the 7th time now that the game runs smoothly and I can make saves. It's lucky I like punching Jing Woo in the face.
Lucky you. I couldn't get Saints row 3 to run... i mean i could but the game would crash so hard it takes the system with it after 5 minutes of playing in dx10/11 mode and would run as if i were using an Athlon 3000+ when in dx8 mode.

The game ran fine on Win7 but 10? Nope have a hard crash instead!

That sounds like perhaps you have the wrong video drivers installed. If windows isn't fucking with updates (reboot first to make sure), you can go directly to nvidia's website (or ati/amd's I guess) and get and install the newest drivers for windows 10 for your card.

I wouldn't install geforce experience, and I would try it without first uninstalling the drivers you have now, because if you do that windows may just decide to install the ones from Windows Update again without telling you, while you're installing some yourself, which kind of breaks things so you can't start windows. (I did that, it's fixable, but you need to be able to force windows into safe mode, or have a win10 install disc on dvd or usb to boot from) :-\

I don't know if it bothers to install motherboard drivers at all, or if those could break games if it installs the wrong ones (I'd guess probably but I have no idea).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:14:40 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102897 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:13 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/23/tinder-sues-threesome-app-rival-3nder

Two’s company but three’s a crowd according to dating app Tinder, which has launched a legal bid to kill off a rival app aimed at people looking for threesomes.

Tinder, owned by global dating firm Match Group, is alleging trademark infringement in the high court against 3nder, an independent app for non-monogamous couples and their potential partners.

It wants its smaller competitor to shut down and erase its presence from the web entirely to avoid “confusion” between the two apps, claiming the alleged similarity gives 3nder an “unfair advantage”.

Tinder’s claim is based on the supposed pronunciation of 3nder, according to a legal letter seen by the Guardian.

“Phonetically, the infringing mark is closely similar to the Tinder mark, as the obvious pronunciation of ‘3nder’ is ‘Thrinder’, which rhymes with Tinder,” the letter warns.

Tinder’s lawyers pointed to an interview with the New York Post in which they allege that Trifonov confirms this pronunciation. They added that the use of the name for an online dating app was “likely to bring our client’s Tinder mark to mind”.

The letter demands that 3nder respond by shutting down its website and remove all references to its name, including by third party sources.

But Trifonov said his app’s name was pronounced differently in many countries and questioned Tinder’s ability to copyright an existing word or combination of letters.

He added that Tinder itself was preceded by gay dating app Grindr, whose name is only a few letters different.

“The whole thing is unfair ... can I trademark the word coffee and then sue every coffee shop in the world?” he said. “Who does that? Evil corporations do that.”
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102898 on: May 26, 2016, 08:19:07 am »

"For-profit company demands that competitor be destroyed and erased from the record like some kind of fucked up soviet thing, because competitor is a similar company, and they have the natural right to a monopoly."

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #102899 on: May 26, 2016, 08:26:42 am »

I guess they wanna go Stalin mode on 3nder.
Pages: 1 ... 6858 6859 [6860] 6861 6862 ... 10980