Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13200494 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104730 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:29 pm »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/jaguar-used-in-olympic-torch-event-killed-in-brazil/ar-AAhp5Pg?ocid=ansmsnsports11

Maybe it got tired of being a prisoner...
It was raised in the zoo so it's not like it wanted to see the wilds.
Still that's kinda sad. Probably the whole olympic torch ordeal agitated her.

I found this trailer today and started being hyped about this. But then suddenly I took a closer look and realized freaking Shoji Kawamori was one of the people shown playing the demo and am now speechless in the best way.
Well you'd expect a guy who makes a living drawing mecha to have some interest in them and the game devs would be stupid not to include him playing their game in the trailer ;P
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #104731 on: June 22, 2016, 05:44:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Best description of monopoly.
Now I just need to find a suitable way to describe scrabble

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104732 on: June 22, 2016, 05:44:58 pm »

It's the same crap as TVT potholing: being so boring, unoriginal, and linguistically incompetent that you feel the need to link to a marginally related web page in order to describe something.

But what if you link to allthetropes, though?
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104733 on: June 22, 2016, 06:16:16 pm »

It's the same crap as TVT potholing: being so boring, unoriginal, and linguistically incompetent that you feel the need to link to a marginally related web page in order to describe something.

But what if you link to allthetropes, though?
Same behavior, fewer underlying ethical issues. It's dumb because it's lazy and unhelpful, not because the TVT staff are assholes and the userbase is composed largely of a foul mixture of [REDACTED].

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104734 on: June 22, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »

I found this trailer today and started being hyped about this. But then suddenly I took a closer look and realized freaking Shoji Kawamori was one of the people shown playing the demo and am now speechless in the best way.
No spiderbot that transforms into a ball, 0/10, will not play.

... more seriously, it does almost look like metal warriors meets smash brothers. I can dig it, even though that lack of spinning spiderbot (or some sort of equivalent) is unfortunate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104735 on: June 22, 2016, 07:50:11 pm »

So a long time ago I watched a movie Shallow Hal. The movie is about a guy who through hypnosis (frankly magic hypnosis) he only sees people like how they are on the inside (and of course beautiful people are all horrible people!)

If there is one thing I kind of like about the movie was that everyone he knew before that hypnosis looks... Like themselves. Regardless of how malicious or saintly they were before.

Why? Because he knows them intimately, to him... There is no difference between their inside and outside, they are themselves.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104736 on: June 22, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »

Also... what can i say... i like assigning hats ;P
No man can wear only one hat.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104737 on: June 22, 2016, 11:02:35 pm »

I started watching Mr. Pickles yesterday.
Somehow it sucked me in despite seeming so incredibly stupid. Felt like it was giving me cancer and killing my brain cells at the same time, but still I was laughing. Now I'm hooked. Need to get my hands on the second season. It's amazing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104738 on: June 22, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »

I don't know whether to ask or to run away screaming.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104739 on: June 22, 2016, 11:30:50 pm »

Probably both.

Or you could just watch the first episode! Unfortunately it isn't free on Youtube. The pilot is, though!   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:35:50 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104740 on: June 22, 2016, 11:41:16 pm »

... playing game. Javelin, some roguelike-ish thing that's attempting stuff like party based gameplay and city building and whatnot. Some neat stuff. WTF comes from the start, though. Your initial choice is just of race. Buncha' choices, standard fantasy fair, orcs, drow, elves, gnomes, etc., etc. And one thing that stands out. Not just in not being humanoid nor nominally sapient nor capable of talking under normal circumstances. But also being what is, as near as I can tell after a few goes, pretty much the hands-down absolute best starting choice, head and shoulders above anything else on the list. >Double the HP of the other races, two +3 attacks (about the best something else can manage is orcs with a single +3), generally capable of moving at least 2-3 spaces more than everything else. The only downside-ish is that they don't have a ranged attack, which... isn't really that big of a deal.

And so my newly optimized starting party now consists of Ponyup, Saytheeneigh, Haystack, and Cud. Four war ponies, somehow having gained control over a town*, now adventuring together. Because any one of them could probably kick the collective ass of any non-pony-included starting team I could construct.

... game, I kinda' like what you're trying to do. But. You may have some balance issues. Just one or two or fifty or so.

*I guess they had a nero and then the newly appointed consuls ate him, after which the town's population decided to roll with it instead of arguing with the small herd of man eating equines?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104741 on: June 22, 2016, 11:43:43 pm »

Yup, that's WTFery all right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104742 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:03 pm »

it's nice to have an idea of what behavior you're facing, but re-applying pictures that could be seen as labels towards other people, rather than calling out their attitude and how they act instead, can be a cause for misunderstandings in itself.
It's a way to skirt around the potential conflict in directly challenging someone's attitude. A general description of what I currently see someone's words as in a format more clear and assertive than what I say provokes more introspection than either extreme of my potential response (trying to appeal to emotions/empathy or succinctly telling someone "your attitude is awful and this is why"). It's also humorous, it's not like an Internet argument is going to change anyone's ideals, might as well find some humor in something as innately stressful as an argument.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104743 on: June 22, 2016, 11:59:50 pm »

If that's your goal, you completely missed the mark. It directly challenges attitude while simultaneously seeming utterly dismissive.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104744 on: June 23, 2016, 12:27:36 am »

If that's your goal, you completely missed the mark. It directly challenges attitude while simultaneously seeming utterly dismissive.
Well, I'm going to be dismissed ASAP anyway regardless of what I say, this way it's at least entertaining at the start. Nobody enters an argument prepared to change their view, they enter one to defend it. You see my point?
Pages: 1 ... 6981 6982 [6983] 6984 6985 ... 10984