Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7038 7039 [7040] 7041 7042 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145652 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105585 on: July 08, 2016, 05:01:24 pm »

Damn near passed out at work. The first thing my mother said when she picked me up was "You look like shit". I didn't even have to look in the mirror, I agreed with her. Might have to take a sickday tomorrow, despite the... coercion from the management that being deathly ill is no excuse not to come into work.

Ill or overworked?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105586 on: July 08, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »

Damn near passed out at work. The first thing my mother said when she picked me up was "You look like shit". I didn't even have to look in the mirror, I agreed with her. Might have to take a sickday tomorrow, despite the... coercion from the management that being deathly ill is no excuse not to come into work.

Ill or overworked?

Yes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105587 on: July 08, 2016, 05:17:10 pm »

Ill or overworked?

Yes.
clearly

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105588 on: July 08, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »

Something that made me go WTF today?

Why in the fuck is that goddamn DEEDLE-DEE-DEEDLE-DEE-DEEDLE-DEE kellog's krave commercial BEING SPAMMED EVERY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES AGAIN?

It finally went away, I thought maybe they figured out that everyone hates them now, but nope, apparently not.

I want to find the person who made it and beat them to death with Derek Beckles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105589 on: July 08, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »

Oioi give yourself adblock

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105590 on: July 08, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »

The missus doesn't like having no background noise, so we turn to Futurama, which is at one volume level, and then the commercials are at another, and that goddamn krave shit is EVEN LOUDER.

I will never buy another kellog's product in my life, fuck that entire goddamn company, and their creepy fucking founder.

It wouldn't piss me off so bad, except it's like every other commercial break it comes on. We need to get a dvr up here I guess.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105591 on: July 08, 2016, 06:36:12 pm »

Remember, Corn Flakes is sawdust

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #105592 on: July 08, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »

The missus doesn't like having no background noise, so we turn to Futurama, which is at one volume level, and then the commercials are at another, and that goddamn krave shit is EVEN LOUDER.

I will never buy another kellog's product in my life, fuck that entire goddamn company, and their creepy fucking founder.

It wouldn't piss me off so bad, except it's like every other commercial break it comes on. We need to get a dvr up here I guess.
I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're in the US that's actually illegal and the FCC might actually care if you report it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105594 on: July 08, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

I walked out of a restaurant and my glasses fogged up.  Weather is weird.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105595 on: July 08, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »

I've had that happen. If it's really humid, and the place you're leaving is considerably cooler than the place you enter, so leaving an air conditioned restaurant for a normal sidewalk, then the material of your glasses will be chilled and collect condensation.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105596 on: July 08, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »

Yeah, that was what did it, but why is it so hot out?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105597 on: July 08, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »

Yeah, that was what did it, but why is it so hot out?
I believe you people on the other half of the planet are experiencing a phenomena called "summer". It is a break in the dreary cold and ice that configures most of your regular existence in which those with lower heat tolerance suffer heatstrokes and those with higher such tolerance get artificial tans because puritan traditions entrenched since Martin Luther's bout of creative writing forbid the heathen and most blasphemous practice of sunbathing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105598 on: July 08, 2016, 08:41:49 pm »

nah m8 it's global warming

bloody china and their coal
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105599 on: July 08, 2016, 08:47:37 pm »

Summer sucks.  :v
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7038 7039 [7040] 7041 7042 ... 10980