Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995813 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106395 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:35 am »

Do you live near Mexico, and are your neighbors from Mexico?
At what time of day were the avocados placed at your doorstep?
1: No, 2: no idea and 3: I'm not sure, I haven't been out there much since I moved in the other day.
The avocados could have been sitting there for a day or two for all I know. Only went down there tonight to let my mother's dog go for a walk... needless to say the discovery creeped me the hell out and I fled back inside.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106396 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:59 am »

Because it's expensive and dangerous
Science isn't about WHY. It's about WHY NOT.
Spoken like a true dorf.
You mean Cave Johnson.
CAVE JOHNSON WAS A DORF ALL ALONG

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106397 on: July 22, 2016, 09:07:17 am »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:43:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106398 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:42 am »

Are avocados grown in Australia?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106399 on: July 22, 2016, 09:22:15 am »

@rotting crops, yeah, yeah there are. Think the other folks in this house have managed to rot probably two or three buckets worth of tomatoes over the last month or so. Five gallon ones. Probably a good 40-50 individual tomatoes, maybe more. Don't particularly like 'em, so I keep forgetting to do something about them before they go bad again :-\

Also did y'all know that decaying tomato juice gets basically goddamn everywhere? Because it does. Most plant things do something similar but tomatoes seem to do it faster and more prolifically than quite a few other sorts. I'm beginning to dread their existence in the kitchen.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106400 on: July 22, 2016, 09:23:59 am »

Is this an attempt to communicate?
You could make one and ask around to get to the heart of the mystery, so it wouldn't haunt you for the rest of your days...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106401 on: July 22, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

Spoken like a true dorf.
You mean Cave Johnson.

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE
Cave Johnson invented Toady One, who invented dorfs, which Tolkien saw from his future and wrote about them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106402 on: July 22, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

You mean Cave Johnson.

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE
Cave Johnson invented Toady One, who invented dorfs, which Tolkien saw from his future and wrote about them.
How would a 19th-century Democratic congressman from Tennessee manage such a thing?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:32:30 am by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106403 on: July 22, 2016, 09:32:49 am »

Spoken like a true dorf.
You mean Cave Johnson.

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE
How would a 19th-century Democratic congressman from Tennessee manage such a thing?
Quote from: Wikipedia
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien CBE, FRSL (/ˈtɒlkiːn/;[a] 3 January 1892 – 2 September 1973), known by his pen name J. R. R. Tolkien, was an English writer, poet, philologist, [insert lack of congressing here] and university professor who is best known as the author of the classic high-fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.

?????
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106405 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:08 am »

Do you live near Mexico, and are your neighbors from Mexico?
At what time of day were the avocados placed at your doorstep?
1: No, 2: no idea and 3: I'm not sure, I haven't been out there much since I moved in the other day.
The avocados could have been sitting there for a day or two for all I know. Only went down there tonight to let my mother's dog go for a walk... needless to say the discovery creeped me the hell out and I fled back inside.
They're avocados. I sincerely doubt there's any malign intention behind a gift of some excess avocados.

How do you even operate as a human being if the sight of some fruit sends you fleeing inside?

@rotting crops, yeah, yeah there are. Think the other folks in this house have managed to rot probably two or three buckets worth of tomatoes over the last month or so. Five gallon ones. Probably a good 40-50 individual tomatoes, maybe more. Don't particularly like 'em, so I keep forgetting to do something about them before they go bad again :-\

Also did y'all know that decaying tomato juice gets basically goddamn everywhere? Because it does. Most plant things do something similar but tomatoes seem to do it faster and more prolifically than quite a few other sorts. I'm beginning to dread their existence in the kitchen.
Make wine from it.
Better than letting it go to waste.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106406 on: July 22, 2016, 09:48:30 am »

You... wouldn't seem me making anything alcoholic intentionally, pretty much ever. That said, I have been thinking of giving a go at canning or drying some of the next batch they haul in to rot. Maybe puzzle out how to make tomato sauce out of 'em... it'd be nice to have decent tasting spaghetti sauce that didn't have onions in it, and it's next to impossible to find that commercially in this area. We've got the appropriate tools for it, just haven't gotten around try seeing how you go about it, yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #106407 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:23 am »

Someone (presumably one of my neighbours) has placed a bunch of avocados (presumably from the tree at the bottom of my yard) on one of the lower steps leading up to my house. This is extremely concerning.
I have no idea what they're playing at. Is this an attempt to communicate? To parley with a new neighbour? Is it a passive-aggressive message telling me I should have showered them with gifts upon moving in, or that I should pay more attention to the tree? Are they expressing their disapproval for the music I play?

Do they expect me to buy into whatever twisted game they're playing and take the things? I won't, I shan't.
I hate having expectations placed upon me, especially when they are ill-defined and make me as uncomfortable as this one. I fear guacamole may have been ruined for me forever; that I will be about to chow down on a burrito months, years or even decades from now, only for the sudden mental image of faceless creeps lurking in the bottom of my yard to spoil my appetite.

...Then again, I suppose I could be reading too much into this. Perhaps they are merely trying to poison me.
Avocados are more expensive now because of the LA drought.  They were probably just returning your expensive fruit to you so you could eat it or sell it :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106408 on: July 22, 2016, 10:32:00 am »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106409 on: July 22, 2016, 10:32:52 am »

Pages: 1 ... 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 ... 10973