Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7111 7112 [7113] 7114 7115 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995423 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106680 on: July 27, 2016, 02:21:59 am »

Fe... feline aids actually exists. That. That was a joke, reality. It was bad gutter poetry. It wasn't supposed to be real ;_;

Yeah. My second cat died from it before her first spring :(
Love, scriver~

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106681 on: July 27, 2016, 05:36:43 am »

I didn't know it was real either...  Thought the Bible Reloaded guys just made it up as a gag joke ):
Wouldn't be surprised if they made it up as a joke and it just happened to be real later.

Also... Year 2016 so far... (Excluding rampant terror attacks)

Ghostbusters hit the Theatres.
Nintendo unveils a new NES.
Sonic has a "new" game

What year is this again and how do i sign out?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106682 on: July 27, 2016, 05:53:32 am »

Log out function has been disabled since public beta ended. Only way out is to die. Unfortunately, if you die in 2016 you die in real life.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106683 on: July 27, 2016, 06:54:20 am »

There was a public Beta?

Also, something weird I've noticed recently is that alarms of all kinds seem to push a panic button in me somewhere.
I've only noticed because the three or four phone alarms which any respectably lazy person sets of a morning seem to be counterproductive. After each one my heart decides to kick into third gear for the next ten minutes, and I can't get any sort of napping in.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106684 on: July 27, 2016, 07:04:52 am »

Also, something weird I've noticed recently is that alarms of all kinds seem to push a panic button in me somewhere.
Eloi ancestor found.
Standby for more coverage of the case in the future.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106685 on: July 27, 2016, 08:02:02 am »

Future Ancestor?

Either way, Grats on losing the Lunatic.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106686 on: July 27, 2016, 08:10:54 am »

Future Ancestor?

Either way, Grats on losing the Lunatic.
I was referencing the Eloi from the "Time Machine". They basically had a instinctual reaction that made them flock to bunkers whenever an alarm sound is raised by the Morlocks.

And thanks!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106687 on: July 27, 2016, 09:16:23 am »

Future Ancestor?
I was referencing the Eloi from the "Time Machine".
So was I.
Admittedly not because I know any Wells, but 'cos I googled it.
Thought you meant I had the ancestor, not was the ancestor.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106688 on: July 27, 2016, 10:54:20 am »

A friend of mine just pointed out to me that Seath the Scaleless and the moonlight greatsword are not from Dark souls.   They are from King's Field 2.  According to him he's actually thinking the ending of that game indicates that it is the story of Lord Gwyn's rise to power.

Trusty Patches is also not originally from Dark Souls.  Apparently Patches is from Armored core, and patches' unique squat is based on his mecha's which had reverse joint legs.

I wonder how many other games of theirs have refrences and precursors to things in bloodsouls...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #106689 on: July 27, 2016, 11:08:55 am »

This crashes the game during world-gen. or adventure mode. or fort mode.
WTF is causing the crash? (they had brackets in the right place)(the errorlog has nothing)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106690 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:08 am »

Belongs in a DF subforum :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106691 on: July 27, 2016, 11:32:41 am »

Yeah bug reports board would probably be a bit more productive there.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106692 on: July 27, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

A friend of mine just pointed out to me that Seath the Scaleless and the moonlight greatsword are not from Dark souls.   They are from King's Field 2.  According to him he's actually thinking the ending of that game indicates that it is the story of Lord Gwyn's rise to power.

Trusty Patches is also not originally from Dark Souls.  Apparently Patches is from Armored core, and patches' unique squat is based on his mecha's which had reverse joint legs.

I wonder how many other games of theirs have refrences and precursors to things in bloodsouls...

Moonlight Sword also appears in basically everything they've done ever.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106693 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:49 pm »

Yeah, a lot of shit in Souls was carried over from other games. They brought the Storm Ruler over from DeS for DaS3, for example. I didn't play BB, but didn't they even manage to work the MGS into that?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106694 on: July 27, 2016, 12:49:23 pm »

Yeah, a lot of shit in Souls was carried over from other games. They brought the Storm Ruler over from DeS for DaS3, for example. I didn't play BB, but didn't they even manage to work the MGS into that?
Didn't play it either, but having seen a complete let's play of it... yeah, it shows up in the DLC.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 7111 7112 [7113] 7114 7115 ... 10973