Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7112 7113 [7114] 7115 7116 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996645 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106695 on: July 27, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »

Had a weird upper-back problem crop up at work preventing me from lifting my head.
Forgot that during the morning ritual I had forgotten to raise the blinds, so (as the morning staffer looked unlikely to do me favors) I went around hauling them up one by one, head tucked under my shoulders and using long exaggerated movements on the bead-chain.
They started laughing their ass off- long story short I looked like goddamn igor.

Frankly I can see the humor in it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #106696 on: July 27, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

Yeah, a lot of shit in Souls was carried over from other games. They brought the Storm Ruler over from DeS for DaS3, for example. I didn't play BB, but didn't they even manage to work the MGS into that?
Didn't play it either, but having seen a complete let's play of it... yeah, it shows up in the DLC.
In incredibly badass fashion, too.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106697 on: July 27, 2016, 04:11:25 pm »

My thread got locked for reasons unexplained.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106698 on: July 27, 2016, 04:14:51 pm »

Ill bet you an internet high five I know why
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106699 on: July 27, 2016, 04:16:41 pm »

Because it was a pointless thread that's was only going to be a magnet for shitposts.

Edit: Not to insult you or your thread. But once the other one was unlocked there wasn't much other point.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106700 on: July 27, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »

shut up I wanted my high five
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #106701 on: July 27, 2016, 05:40:37 pm »

New Zealand is on the Onion.  You guys have really made it as a nation.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106702 on: July 27, 2016, 06:07:29 pm »

I'm not dead. My phone is, though. I was kinda relying on that for internet access. Dang.
Now I'm at the library. Jeez. At least the internet here is actually working for once, unlike yesterday.

Also I want to hug everyone who said they hated (or at least disliked) Fury Road a few pages back.
Good to know I'm not entirely alone in this world of easily-amused, explosion-hungry chuckleheads. :P     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106703 on: July 27, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »

Also I want to hug everyone who said they hated (or at least disliked) Fury Road a few pages back.
Good to know I'm not entirely alone in this world of easily-amused, explosion-hungry chuckleheads. :P   
Mediocre!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106704 on: July 27, 2016, 07:40:35 pm »

It's the middle of winter right now, but we've had weather more comparable with a slightly cold summer the whole time. The coldest day so far was 11 degrees. Today is 16. Fucking global warming, man. Too hot.

New Zealand is on the Onion.  You guys have really made it as a nation.
Oh yeah. Few things there:

- NZ has no native mammals apart from bats, everything else is basically a pest and disruptive to the ecosystem
- Green party has been trying to do this since forever
- Current budget for the eradication is nowhere near big enough
- Department of Conservation is the world's largest consumer of 1080 poison
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:49:12 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106705 on: July 27, 2016, 07:57:58 pm »

I'm getting these boils or something all over my legs. Not sure what's causing them, but they've only started this summer. Some of them rupture and now itch like crazy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106706 on: July 27, 2016, 08:02:59 pm »

Invasive species make themselves part of the ecosystem.  Id think that after 20 or 50 years people would stop trying to idealize a world without rats and instead focus on making the biodiversity the best they can
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106707 on: July 27, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »

New Zealand's wildlife existed for millions of years in an isolated ecosystem and is completely unable to deal with these rodents. If the rats, stoats, ferrets, and possums are not controlled, they will wipe out the majority of the native wildlife. Most of which lives on small islands that already have been purged of pests.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:21:34 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106708 on: July 27, 2016, 08:17:39 pm »

Invasive species make themselves part of the ecosystem.  Id think that after 20 or 50 years people would stop trying to idealize a world without rats and instead focus on making the biodiversity the best they can
That only (supposedly) works with humans.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106709 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:33 pm »

Pfft who needs an ecosystem. Just pop a few cats around the area and then they'll murder everything, lickety-split.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7112 7113 [7114] 7115 7116 ... 10973