Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7141 7142 [7143] 7144 7145 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152898 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107130 on: August 04, 2016, 08:44:30 am »

My favourite is Bree
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107131 on: August 04, 2016, 08:57:27 am »

feta ftw bros
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107132 on: August 04, 2016, 09:11:51 am »

Gorgonzola and Minas are the holy duo of cheese and I'll fight those who blaspheme otherwise.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107133 on: August 04, 2016, 10:32:45 am »

Have you actually read your link? It pretty much says no luck there, gotta eat fortified food if you're gonna be vegan.

And insulting cheese is fighting words, son. Pistols at dawn?
Hey man let him be. Sooner or later B12 deficiency will set in and with it anemia and nervous system impairment. At that point it will be much easier for us to catch and eat him.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107134 on: August 04, 2016, 10:36:33 am »

I realized that I'm tall. Taller than my boyfriend, who is tall. Also horribly underweight, last time I checked. Like 20-30 pounds underweight, despite the fact that I often stuff my face with junk food. Granted this was quite some time ago and I have hopefully gained at least some weight since.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:39:04 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107135 on: August 04, 2016, 11:17:16 am »

Huh, I wonder why it took so long for me to notice you're female.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107136 on: August 04, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »

Praising milk because of cheese sounds like closet lactose intolerant talk to me!
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107137 on: August 04, 2016, 12:55:13 pm »

Woah what the F, I started some sort of debate on vegetarianism?  Didn't mean to ):
Need to catch up I guess
And if you're a student who cooks for themselves and turned vegetarian recently... well, all the recent student vegetarians I know get stomach problems.
This was my situation, I was a *terrible* vegan.  I was basically eating TVP like cereal or cooking JUST rice 99% of the time.  The fainting was mostly from lack of salt causing low blood pressure, probably, but could also have been from various nutrients I wasn't getting.

Nowadays I eat a lot of beans, greens, green beans (:P), V8, and milk and eggs.  Pickles too.  Rice and potatoes for carbs, but with other stuff mixed in.  Sometimes I crave meat and cook up some fish.  About once every couple weeks I'll buy some liver though, and when I go out to eat with people I usually get chicken.  I'm really not a vegetarian anymore.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107138 on: August 04, 2016, 12:56:06 pm »

An average student with internet access shouldn't lack for salt.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107139 on: August 04, 2016, 01:07:13 pm »

Oh I had access, it was just a little complicated.
I was living with my dad, who is a good cook who loves vegetables, but always uses tons of salt and butter on everything.  (Lots of hard meats, too, which seriously upset my near-vegan stomach at the time).
My mom always cooked with very little salt or butter, so his food tasted briny and way too rich.
So I basically imitated her cooking, except in the laziest possible way (skipping most of the veggies), which didn't work so well.

Now I enjoy a happy middle ground (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107140 on: August 04, 2016, 01:09:15 pm »

I passed out a few times when I was in my sedentary vegetarian semi-anorexic stage of college.  I remember one time I found myself on the floor, hearing my dad panicking over me, then gradually realized that I'd stood up too quickly to greet him.  I guess I'm lucky I never seriously hurt anything on the way down, just got some bruises.

Turned out I had low blood pressure.  Potassium salt basically cleared it up.  Eventually I started eating a more balanced diet (still mostly vegetarian, but with more fish and eggs.  And salt.)

As somebody vegetarian from birth, this mystifies me.

Probably growing up with working knowledge and existing food norms that meet your dietary requirements. College kids who decide to start adding dietary restrictions that broad won't have such things to start with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107141 on: August 04, 2016, 01:12:56 pm »

I was living with my dad, who is a good cook who loves vegetables, but always uses tons of salt and butter on everything.  (Lots of hard meats, too, which seriously upset my near-vegan stomach at the time).
My mom always cooked with very little salt or butter, so his food tasted briny and way too rich.
So I basically imitated her cooking, except in the laziest possible way (skipping most of the veggies), which didn't work so well.

I uh
Think you missed my joke :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107142 on: August 04, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »

...  W-well, the word didn't have that meaning back then, and I was living in the past!!
She/they

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107143 on: August 04, 2016, 01:19:14 pm »

Asians eat the most soy, and they have the least pronounced male sexual characteristics. Might be a coincidence, but I'd rather not risk it.
You know what else contains large amounts of phytoestrogens? Beer. One of the compounds found in hops is reported to be the most estrogenic phytoestrogen known to man.

If your theory were correct, the title of "least pronounced male sexual characteristics" should go to the Czechs, hands down. And given my own beer consumption, I should be technically female by now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #107144 on: August 04, 2016, 01:20:15 pm »

I uh
Think you missed my joke :P
Rolan does have a point :P
I mean...it's like (personally) only in 2015 did I see 'salt' mean 'not NaCl but something like anger or ":I"'.
Totally baffled me when people began using salt as a verb...when referring to other people or their gameplay. :o
Pages: 1 ... 7141 7142 [7143] 7144 7145 ... 10981