Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7142 7143 [7144] 7145 7146 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000829 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107145 on: August 04, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »

On the other hand, Cinder did post that message in 2016 CURENT YEAR :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107146 on: August 04, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »

I started to wonder what System Shock's "Salt the Fries" message was about, and this was the first result on Google.

While working late on SS1, a couple of Looking Glass employees would go out to get Macdonalds' "food". As there were a lot of employees there was a lot of food. Macdonalds' packed it into a box for them, on many occasions the boxes used were those that Macdonald's branches get their fries delievered in. As a reminder to the employees cooking the fries there was a message printed along the side of the box. That message was "Please Don't forget to Salt the Fries". and that's where it came from.

Hey, if McDonalds everyday gets you games like System Shock I and II then by all means, KEEP GOING THERE!!!

maybe the creators of Daikatana went to Harvey's or Wendy's too much..
Checkmate, veganists.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107147 on: August 04, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

Asians eat the most soy, and they have the least pronounced male sexual characteristics. Might be a coincidence, but I'd rather not risk it.
You know what else contains large amounts of phytoestrogens? Beer. One of the compounds found in hops is reported to be the most estrogenic phytoestrogen known to man.

If your theory were correct, the title of "least pronounced male sexual characteristics" should go to the Czechs, hands down. And given my own beer consumption, I should be technically female by now.

Furthermore, Asians also tend (best to keep in mind these are tendencies) to have the least pronounced female sexual characteristics. They do not usually have extremely full hips and sizable breasts. It had nothing to do with soy and everything to do with genetics and a trait called neoteny, which is essentially how 'immature' in terms of secondary sexual characteristics an organism appears to be even once it's actually mature. Some studies find it has a very vague correlation with intelligence. Others find it essentially meaningless in humans. I think. Haven't actually looked into it very much.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107148 on: August 04, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »

As I said. Statistically speaking. Anecdata neither prices nor disproved such.

Also, by full hips, I mean the 'hourglass figure' which is espoused as the genetic model of bidy shape feminine attractiveness, adjusted by culture.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107149 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:27 pm »

As I said. Statistically speaking. Anecdata neither prices nor disproved such.

Also, by full hips, I mean the 'hourglass figure' which is espoused as the genetic model of bidy shape feminine attractiveness, adjusted by culture.
uh
think you forgot to do something to autocorrect there
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107150 on: August 04, 2016, 02:56:33 pm »

At a certain point you stop caring, so long as the meaning is clear.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107151 on: August 04, 2016, 02:56:55 pm »

Eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #107152 on: August 04, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

Check your alble bidy privilage

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107153 on: August 04, 2016, 03:15:46 pm »

It must be hard to be crippled.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107154 on: August 04, 2016, 03:18:56 pm »

Why do I always feel slightly depressed whenever the topic of androgygny is discussed?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #107155 on: August 04, 2016, 03:19:31 pm »

Why do I always feel slightly depressed whenever the topic of androgygny is discussed?
Boredom?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107156 on: August 04, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

Androgeny is sexy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107157 on: August 04, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

Then I'm probably fucking the androgygny thing up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107158 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »

Asians eat the most soy, and they have the least pronounced male sexual characteristics. Might be a coincidence, but I'd rather not risk it.
You know what else contains large amounts of phytoestrogens? Beer. One of the compounds found in hops is reported to be the most estrogenic phytoestrogen known to man.

If your theory were correct, the title of "least pronounced male sexual characteristics" should go to the Czechs, hands down. And given my own beer consumption, I should be technically female by now.

Furthermore, Asians also tend (best to keep in mind these are tendencies) to have the least pronounced female sexual characteristics. They do not usually have extremely full hips and sizable breasts. It had nothing to do with soy and everything to do with genetics and a trait called neoteny, which is essentially how 'immature' in terms of secondary sexual characteristics an organism appears to be even once it's actually mature. Some studies find it has a very vague correlation with intelligence. Others find it essentially meaningless in humans. I think. Haven't actually looked into it very much.
Furthermore, if a human population were to subsist on an androgen-disrupting diet for a prolonged period of time, natural selection would automatically prefer males with the strongest anti-androgen resistance, resulting in population-wide phytoestrogen insensitivity. Any theory that blames natural compounds such as phytoestrogens for male infertility etc. etc. is absolute bunk, imo.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107159 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:01 pm »

And I mean asian people have a truly staggering amount of offsprings.

Source: 30 aunts

Pages: 1 ... 7142 7143 [7144] 7145 7146 ... 10974