Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7143 7144 [7145] 7146 7147 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000847 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #107160 on: August 04, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »

Then I'm probably fucking the androgygny thing up.
No, I really don't think so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107161 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:37 pm »

+1
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107162 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:56 pm »

Inferiority complexes made me WTF today.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107163 on: August 04, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »

The guy two doors down from me got passed over for a promotion at work he was pushing for in favor of a (black) external hire, so I was treated today to a 15 minute long rant about how the government is putting "s**cs and j******s" into positions of power by affirmative action to replace white people because "they or someone in their family is dependent on welfare and they're less likely to cause trouble for the government." The idea itself'd be crazy enough to post here on it's own, but it's doubly WTF because this definitely isn't the kind of thing I expected out of this guy.

This is probably gonna sound weird but how the fuck does everyone know what Cinder looks like?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107164 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:06 pm »

Bay12 photo thread.  I'm there too, I look just like my old long-hair avatar but with more damned chin bristle.  I hate that specific part of being XY.

Androgeny is sexy.
I knooooow!

But...
Cinder you're a cute kid.  But go home, girl, go home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvhXAVgB4I
(Lyrics start one minute in (twist and point at 2:56))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107165 on: August 04, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »

An average student with internet access shouldn't lack for salt.
I gotta say, this honesstly made me LOL. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107166 on: August 04, 2016, 04:34:27 pm »

The guy two doors down from me got passed over for a promotion at work he was pushing for in favor of a (black) external hire, so I was treated today to a 15 minute long rant about how the government is putting "s**cs and j******s" into positions of power by affirmative action to replace white people because "they or someone in their family is dependent on welfare and they're less likely to cause trouble for the government." The idea itself'd be crazy enough to post here on it's own, but it's doubly WTF because this definitely isn't the kind of thing I expected out of this guy.
It ain't #meritocracy if it ain't #white.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107167 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

During our normal morning maintenance routine, I noticed that particular asshole coworker I've been trying to get fired for months take some stuff from his section of the store and dump it in mine(about halfway across the store). Naturally, the supervisor did nothing about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107168 on: August 04, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »

Ye, I think the only reason anyone here knows how anyone else looks is the photo thread. Even I am there in muh glorious cthulhu self.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107169 on: August 04, 2016, 06:06:40 pm »

Any theory that blames natural compounds such as phytoestrogens for male infertility etc. etc. is absolute bunk, imo.
There probably ARE natural compounds that cause infertility. They'd just come from something rarely eaten/never eaten.
I mean, nightshade [sans tomato] is directly poisonous, determining toxicity (much less specific long-term side effects, which takes a [365]magnitude longer) is tough.
But tomatoes, in most senses a nightshade variant, are [mostly, possibly depression-inducing] fine.

It's like the geosphere wasn't made specifically for us~
and that's beautiful
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107170 on: August 04, 2016, 06:22:27 pm »

Tomatoes and nightshade belong to the same family. Tomatoes aren't a subspecies of nightshade or vice-versa.

I mean, we belong to the same family as gorillas. We aren't 300lb masses of muscle that tear down trees to assert dominance. We're 300lb masses of flab that tear down trees to assert that we want more furniture.
(they're related)

And WE're related [gorillas and humans].  We don't have the 300lb, but we sure do accomplish more with less.  It's not even brain size, it's brain dedication to a meta-ness.

Are we...
One level of singularity?

I do want to believe we're the progenitors for a future race.  We're like the apes for a new creation that will outstrip us.  Probably without malice, because malice is irrational.

Maybe I'm imagining too far.
She/they

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107171 on: August 04, 2016, 06:36:29 pm »

This is probably gonna sound weird but how the fuck does everyone know what Cinder looks like?
Photo share thread
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107172 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »

Yeurp.
We're 300lb masses of flab that tear down trees to assert that we want more furniture.
Suddenly image of man and wife in room and wife tears down a tree shouting 'WE NEED A NEW COUCH'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107173 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »

This gnat keeps flying around my head and occasionally landing on my face and trying to crawl into my nose.

I swear to God gnat, if you do this any more I will find and destroy you.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107174 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »

Making it go up your nose will destroy it.

It will be stupendously uncomfortable though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7143 7144 [7145] 7146 7147 ... 10974