Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7273 7274 [7275] 7276 7277 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178810 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109110 on: September 10, 2016, 05:05:54 am »

Yeah, I should probably be at least more empathetic to the people involved.

Sorry about squabbling over it...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109111 on: September 10, 2016, 05:18:54 am »

This was bound to happen.
"This is Kot. He spends up to 22 hours every day searching for memes on the internet. Recently, he's become enamored with the indie music group Sabaton, specifically their hit single 'Winged Hussars'. This combination of nationalist rage with internet humor has lead to what has developed into an inescapable pit of desire. Kot has stopped eating or sleeping in order to acquire more Hussar memes, and was recently arrested for threatening to kill his landlord in a cavalry charge.

We will follow a day in the life of Kot, as he attempts to gain a foothold on today's episode of My Beautiful Addiction: Winged Hussars."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109112 on: September 10, 2016, 05:42:09 am »

Still needs a Cossacks: European Wars one, which is the actual historical period the song references.

*sigh* Still 10 more days before Cossacks 3 comes out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109113 on: September 10, 2016, 05:51:23 am »

"This is Kot. He spends up to 22 hours every day searching for memes on the internet. Recently, he's become enamored with the indie music group Sabaton, specifically their hit single 'Winged Hussars'. This combination of nationalist rage with internet humor has lead to what has developed into an inescapable pit of desire. Kot has stopped eating or sleeping in order to acquire more Hussar memes, and was recently arrested for threatening to kill his landlord in a cavalry charge.

We will follow a day in the life of Kot, as he attempts to gain a foothold on today's episode of My Beautiful Addiction: Winged Hussars."
>Recently
Uh... I've been shilling Winged Hussars and I have been raging humerous internet nationalist since the day I've been born, I've enjoyed some (most of them are bad, though) Sabaton songs ever since they made the song about Warsaw Uprising... and the "Winged Hussars" aren't a single. The fact that I don't eat or sleep enough doesn't come from Hussar memes but rather life sads.

I do confirm that I tried to kill my landlord in a cavalry charge, though.

*sigh* Still 10 more days before Cossacks 3 comes out.
First fan-recorded video that will be relased on youtube will include WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVING. Such is life in XVII century.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109114 on: September 10, 2016, 06:13:50 am »

>Recently
Uh... I've been shilling Winged Hussars and I have been raging humerous internet nationalist since the day I've been born, I've enjoyed some (most of them are bad, though) Sabaton songs ever since they made the song about Warsaw Uprising... and the "Winged Hussars" aren't a single. The fact that I don't eat or sleep enough doesn't come from Hussar memes but rather life sads.

I do confirm that I tried to kill my landlord in a cavalry charge, though.
*My Beautiful Addiction is an entertainment program and a dramatization of documented events. Factual accuracy is not guaranteed. No people, animals, or cavalry were harmed in the making of this program. This is a work of fiction and any similarity to existing persons, places, events, and units is coincidental, living or dead. MSH Broadcasting is not responsible for fits of rage, involuntary historical reenactment, or obsession with winged helmets caused by this program.

"Here we see Kot as he begins an average day. He awakens atop a bed in the shape of an armored horse, which he bought by taking out a second mortgage on his soul. Even in his first moments of consciousness, Sabaton blares from the alarm clock. He showers to this cacophony of sound, making sure to step on his Turkish flag pattern towel after he is finished with it. All of Kot's disposable and disrespected possessions show the flags of "enemies of the people", only the first in a vein of hawkish desires.

He proceeds to the kitchen, where he faces the first of the major obstacles created by the Hussar obsession. Kot insists upon eating cereal with a full-sized cavalry lance with spoon attachment, a crippling task. All twelve feet of the lance barely fit within the kitchen, and multiple holes have been poked in the ceiling by Kot's attempts to feed himself and assault attempts on the Bulgarian couple who used to live above him. Upon being asked to not play Sabaton on infinite repeat, Kot forced them out of their home by repeatedly lying in wait and stabbing their feet through the ceiling.

Finally, Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109115 on: September 10, 2016, 06:48:55 am »

"Here we see Kot as he begins an average day. He awakens atop a bed in the shape of an armored horse,
Accurate.
which he bought by taking out a second mortgage on his soul.
I cheated the devil like true Pole though.
Even in his first moments of consciousness, Sabaton blares from the alarm clock.
Not accurate.
He showers to this cacophony of sound, making sure to step on his Turkish flag pattern towel after he is finished with it. All of Kot's disposable and disrespected possessions show the flags of "enemies of the people", only the first in a vein of hawkish desires.
Accurate.
He proceeds to the kitchen, where he faces the first of the major obstacles created by the Hussar obsession. Kot insists upon eating cereal with a full-sized cavalry lance with spoon attachment, a crippling task. All twelve feet of the lance barely fit within the kitchen, and multiple holes have been poked in the ceiling by Kot's attempts to feed himself and assault attempts on the Bulgarian couple who used to live above him.
Accurate.
Upon being asked to not play Sabaton on infinite repeat,
Not accurate, they didin't have time to ask me anything.
Kot forced them out of their home by repeatedly lying in wait and stabbing their feet through the ceiling.
Accurate.
Finally, Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill."
Accurate.
When it finishes burning I stick a small Polish Commonwealth flag into the ashes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109116 on: September 10, 2016, 12:37:15 pm »

Played Journey last night.

It was...interesting. Odd, certainly in terms of the ending. Feels sort like it's supposed to be a Buddhist metaphor or about Zen or something, but it just felt...I dunno. It was both satisfying and unsatisfactory at the same time.

Plus I didn't manage to get all the Sacred Words. :/

It was very pretty, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109117 on: September 10, 2016, 12:57:16 pm »

... and now for the second time I have managed to not pay attention and buy sour creme donuts. They're edible, but... not much beyond that. Friggin' things look basically identical to normal glazed, and the labeling's close enough it's easy to miss.

Definitely wondering how much longer they're going to be sold, though. It seems like better than half the time I go by the discount bread-stuff part of food stores they're half populated strictly by sour creme donuts people avoided buying long enough they hit the shelf date.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #109118 on: September 10, 2016, 01:19:58 pm »

... and now for the second time I have managed to not pay attention and buy sour creme donuts. They're edible, but... not much beyond that. Friggin' things look basically identical to normal glazed, and the labeling's close enough it's easy to miss.

I've done the same with custard. I only realized they did banana custard when I put it on a rhubarb crumble once. It tasted... Weird. The packaging is nearly identical to regular custard, at least it is for the brand I buy.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109119 on: September 10, 2016, 04:18:58 pm »

There's sour cream donuts?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109120 on: September 10, 2016, 04:24:01 pm »

I assume they use sour cream as the base for their glaze. Sounds a bit odd but maybe it could work?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109121 on: September 10, 2016, 04:34:11 pm »

they're actually pretty tasty .-.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109122 on: September 10, 2016, 04:43:14 pm »

I thought it was for dairy in the dough. Kind of like using Buttermilk, to get a slightly sour, rich flavor to contrast the sweet glaze. *nod nod*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109123 on: September 10, 2016, 05:13:25 pm »

I assume they use sour cream as the base for their glaze. Sounds a bit odd but maybe it could work?
They're not the worst donuts I've eaten, but I definitely wouldn't have picked them up if I had noticed. Don't quite taste bad but they definitely don't taste good. The sour tinge almost makes it taste like donuts that have started to go bad or somethin'. Too sweet to be nasty but it's enough to make it less palatable.

And yeah, they exist. From what I recall of where you're at ak, you might be able to see them if you swing by the nearest walmart.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:15:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109124 on: September 10, 2016, 05:14:24 pm »

They're pretty meh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7273 7274 [7275] 7276 7277 ... 10983