Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7278 7279 [7280] 7281 7282 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173298 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109185 on: September 12, 2016, 07:20:01 pm »

"Oh hey, could you get me this thing from the campus bookstore?"

Go down, get the exact thing. Exact brand name and everything.

"Oh, that's not what I needed/asked for. I can't take it; you'll have to return it."

Campus has a strict no-returns policy. Fuck me.

Also, crazy man on the bus.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109186 on: September 12, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

Sheesh, I can't remember the last time I had to get food delivered directly to my truck.

Not sure it's ever happened before, come to think of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109187 on: September 12, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »

@Sirus
Seems like you'd remember?  Because like... how does that even work?  You park near a street address and give instructions?
Nah, I guess you probably park at a rest stop or on/off ramp and give instructions... still.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109188 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »

Now I am picturing some poor pizza delivery person rushing to intercept you as you drive across the country, and it is beautiful.
Thanks for the good laugh :D

@Sirus
Seems like you'd remember?  Because like... how does that even work?  You park near a street address and give instructions?
Nah, I guess you probably park at a rest stop or on/off ramp and give instructions... still.
The first one, kinda. I'm parked at a business, but it's a big property and the truck lot is kinda out of the way, so I gave directions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #109189 on: September 12, 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

An insane pro-Northern Irish troll vandalized my random generator piratepad. Thankfully, the insanely cool Person caught it and revised it, but still...

WTF.

That's, uh. Is this person someone you know? That is some beautifully dedicated vandalism right there. Tempted to start generating on the vandalized version of the list.

I can't think of any mad nordies with a grudge against me, so I'm forced to conclude my citizenry pissed them off.

Lot of effort to go through in reaction to one line on my profile...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109190 on: September 12, 2016, 09:05:27 pm »

Depends what the line was :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109191 on: September 12, 2016, 09:21:44 pm »

I do sometimes think that global warming has progressed further already than we're being lead to believe.

I remember once seeing a presentation David Suzuki made on the subject. Basically, he talked about exponential growth and how humans have difficulty grasping it. He used an example where yeast where constantly doubling and eating the food in a test tube with no regard for sustainability. This went on for around 20 days but then the yeast started to notice problems. At this point the test-tube was halfway full or in other words, only one more generation before the yeast was going to eat it all up. They realized that shit was starting to happen so they gave a bunch of funding to environmentalists to fix this mess. By some miracle, the environmentalists managed to produce three more test tubes and everyone thought the world was saved...

Spoiler: So the yeast doubled (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Then doubled again (click to show/hide)

Despite quadrupling the amount of resources the yeast had to work with, it only bought them 3 more days.

When the environment really starts going to hell, it's gonna be sudden and it's gonna be fast. We won't know what hit us.

BTW, I should also mention that this presentation was meant for kids so if the slightly contrived yeast metaphor put you off, now you know why.

EDIT: Also my own wtf, this post took me 20 minutes to write
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:23:37 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109192 on: September 12, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »

ascii art is hard
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109193 on: September 12, 2016, 09:26:26 pm »

Well. Sudden and fast by geological standards.  It's almost certainly going to be over a few generations by human ones, so we'll know what hit us pretty well. Doing anything about it, on the other hand...

And yes, rol. Yes it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109194 on: September 12, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »

Have you tried rexpaint?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109195 on: September 12, 2016, 09:44:36 pm »

I WAS INCORRECT ABOUT THE DONKEY.

Tobnom was not the donkey's name.

Anyway, Tobnom was in fact a HYDRA worshipped as a god by a decent subset of my population. Now here's where it gets rad as hell. We came under siege by a force of 200+ goblins and their myriad beasts of war. The military totaled three barely-trained elves. The gates were shut, but the siege lasted years.

THEN CAME TOBNOM, HYDRA-GOD. Tobnom slew over half of the goblin army, obviously in response to the fervent prayers of his devoted supplicants. He fell in the icy wastes south of the main gates. The goblin army retreated as a direct result of the horrific slaughter posed upon them by Tobnom (and also some traps, but mostly Tobnom).

A reliquary with lava traps is being built underneath the multi-purpose temple, as well as a special temple devoted to him. The primary god of this fort is Shedim, the Deep Iron. Tobnom's statue shall be mounted at his right hand.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:46:22 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109196 on: September 12, 2016, 09:49:50 pm »

Well this is going in the "Cool things in DF" essay.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #109197 on: September 12, 2016, 09:50:30 pm »

I was attempting to tune my guitar when the string I was tuning made a loud twang noise and it's a lot lower than it was now. What.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109198 on: September 12, 2016, 09:51:00 pm »

I was attempting to tune my guitar when the string I was tuning made a loud twang noise and it's a lot lower than it was now. What.
Peg slipped, probably.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109199 on: September 12, 2016, 09:54:18 pm »

Ohh yeah!  I didn't remember earlier, but that's right.  If I didn't push the violin's peg "in" hard to lock it, it would often slip back a half or even whole turn.  As soon as I took my hand off it.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 7278 7279 [7280] 7281 7282 ... 10983