Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7376 7377 [7378] 7379 7380 ... 10515

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 9329025 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110655 on: October 21, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »

Sorta'? It may actually kinda' be a good thing. A target like dyn is one of the most robust against this sort of attack, and to a large extent it didn't really do much -- the websites were largely actually still up, it was just a pain to get to them. Most internal/important stuff doesn't really have a problem with that sort of business getting hit.

The upshot, though? This sort of attack basically only has one real counter, and that's expanding infrastructure. Which is something that probably would be pretty nice to see. So if it gets people more aware and investing in/supporting IT infrastructure development...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110656 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »

Or better security for the inevitable IoT botnets...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110657 on: October 21, 2016, 05:43:15 pm »

As a result, not only GitHub, but also Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Pinterest, Reddit, Airbnb, Amazon, Soundcloud, Paypal, and the Playstation network, as well as the websites of CNN, BBC, New Yor Times, Wall Street Journal and Fox News could not be reached, mostly from the eastern part of the USA, but other parts of the world were also affected. Here in the Netherlands, our national online weather site went offline.

If I may add, the battlefield One servers are also down, not that I would be dumb enough to by an EA game on launch.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110658 on: October 21, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

After NullForceOmega had reveled that the "new" "Godzilla" is a Goomba from SMB The Movie. I figured it out now!!! It is the long awaited SMB II Movie!!! It was all just  mistranslated!!!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110659 on: October 21, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »

The blue section really looks like "England and her (former) chums". Oh, and Japan is there.

Wasn't Indonesia Dutch though?

Dozeb˘m Lolumzalýs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110660 on: October 21, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »

Aren't those the windmill people? :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: SalvanÚ Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110661 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:16 pm »

I think windmill people mostly live in La Mancha (;
They/them
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110662 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »

Windmill people tend to hang out near the front at heavy metal shows.

WTF: I feel pretty weird right now, for no apparent reason.
Took my medicine earlier, waited a while, then cooked and ate a bowlful of pasta about half an hour afterwards.
Now I'm sitting here feeling pleasantly spaced-out. Doesn't seem like a normal food coma, I don't think. Weird.

I think I might play some Death Road To Canada.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110663 on: October 22, 2016, 12:34:52 am »

So, I just had an argument with a GM I never argue with. Don't really want to talk about what it was about, it just was frustrating both in a normal way and in a meta way, because we've never had an issue before, so I kept having WTF moments every time I re-read our conversation trying to figure out what was causing the problem. both of us seem to be upset about this happening, and neither willing to give ground because reasons.

I'm tired, I'm going to sleep, and I'm pretty sure the GM is doing the same. I really hope this dies down in the morning.
Yo, hugs to you Lenglon :D Maybe its more of a misunderstanding rather than anything otherwise--there's somewhere along the lines where some words got understood or seemed like they did, so clarifications help there. Take care with that dude--miss playing with you!
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110664 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:06 am »

My guitar book suggested filing the nails on my playing hand, so I figured I would. It is the weirdest, most unpleasant tactile sensation ever. It's like nails on chalkboard, except you feel it through touch rather than sound.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110665 on: October 22, 2016, 01:09:35 am »

The thing that made be go WTF today was finding out that these weren't the Bay12 forums, these are the Bay 12 forums. With a space.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #110666 on: October 22, 2016, 01:24:24 am »

My guitar book suggested filing the nails on my playing hand, so I figured I would. It is the weirdest, most unpleasant tactile sensation ever. It's like nails on chalkboard, except you feel it through touch rather than sound.
I have a tendency to chew mine, weirdly enough.
Or, other people say 'chew'. I say 'groom via teeth'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #110667 on: October 22, 2016, 01:27:44 am »

The thing that made be go WTF today was finding out that these weren't the Bay12 forums, these are the Bay 12 forums. With a space.
Technically, the official name is "Bay 12 Games Forum", but since the address is bay12forums.com, people use that with their choice of spacing.
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110668 on: October 22, 2016, 03:06:19 am »

Well, some people. Others among us can't be arsed to use so many characters and just use B12 :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110669 on: October 22, 2016, 03:50:33 am »

Pages: 1 ... 7376 7377 [7378] 7379 7380 ... 10515