Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7377 7378 [7379] 7380 7381 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13117204 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110670 on: October 08, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »

Kinda reminds me of the Runner sect in the Russian Old Believers. Guys basically decided that civil government was literally Satan, so having any kind of document or paying any kind of tax, as well as serving in the army, or in some cases, even using money at all, was considered a sin among them. They made themselves "passports" which were pieces of paper with things like "The Lord is the protector of my life: so whom shall I fear?" written on them.
In contrast to "sovereign citizens", the government and the church considered them to be DOUBLE HERESY, so they also had no permanent homes (convenient since they also considered having stuff to be evil) and were generally hunted.
Plus they believed that the world was going to end / there was a Heaven on Earth called Belovodye ('Whitewater land') that one could get to if one was free of sin / similar magical and eschatological nonsense.

All in all, a bunch of crazy religious weirdos, but at the same time kinda badass in a way. It's like, one of those guys would make a fascinating character for an RPG. I have to think more on that.

Oh, that is a cool concept. It works well with the rootless, travelling adventurer-cleric thing. I've always wanted a stonking big 17'th century RPG (sort of like that Three Musketeers film, that was basically swashbuckling fantasy, and absolutely fabulous), and these chaps would fit right in.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110672 on: October 08, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »

My money is still on chaos cult. A Tzeenchian cult trying to spread lawlessness by fomenting a moral panic maybe.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110673 on: October 08, 2016, 03:52:16 pm »

Apparently there's some kind of nation wide clown "pandemic", as people freak out over reports of suspicious looking clowns doing suspicious stuff. Actual professional clowns are getting harassed for it, there's "clown hunts" as people form groups to look for reported suspicious clowns, etc.

What the hell.

Some thought the world would end in fire, others in ice, perhaps submerged in water, or destroyed by something from outer space, or eaten by machines, but they were all wrong, the world will end in clowns.
This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but with a honk
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110674 on: October 08, 2016, 03:59:54 pm »

Countless hours lost on SS13 prepared me for this day.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110675 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:19 pm »

Thus began the crucible of fire and cream pies known as the Honkening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110676 on: October 08, 2016, 04:18:59 pm »

HUSSIE WAS RIGHT
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110677 on: October 08, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »

Bah. It is the lower orders acting up again. Common miscreants who have learnt a new trick. Nothing to be afraid of, and nothing that a sound caning will not cure. This is simply what a lack of firmness in society will lead to, I tell you. Spare the rod, make the clown.

I still propose that creepy clowning should be considered a breach of the peace severe enough to render the clown in question lawless. If you live by the rubber nose, you die by the rubber nose.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110678 on: October 08, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110679 on: October 08, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »

Someone I knew in High School posted this on FB unironically.

At the bottom, under Related: "Flu Shots and Other Vaccines Are Made to Kill African Americans(Proof)" and "US Military Planted Bombs inside WTC One Month Before 9/11".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110680 on: October 08, 2016, 04:46:12 pm »

JUSTICE FOR BOZO
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110681 on: October 08, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »

Apparently there's some kind of nation wide clown "pandemic", as people freak out over reports of suspicious looking clowns doing suspicious stuff. Actual professional clowns are getting harassed for it, there's "clown hunts" as people form groups to look for reported suspicious clowns, etc.

What the hell.

Some thought the world would end in fire, others in ice, perhaps submerged in water, or destroyed by something from outer space, or eaten by machines, but they were all wrong, the world will end in clowns.

I am not joking when I tell you guys that I hear honks at night. Considering the fact that I live at the top floor of a large building that isn't located in the US, I have no idea where they come from.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110682 on: October 08, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »

I am not joking when I tell you guys that I hear honks at night. Considering the fact that I live at the top floor of a large building that isn't located in the US, I have no idea where they come from.
Honk, honk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110683 on: October 08, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »

What the hell.

Spoiler: HONK HONK HEYDUDE (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110684 on: October 08, 2016, 06:33:27 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7377 7378 [7379] 7380 7381 ... 10979