Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7429 7430 [7431] 7432 7433 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996748 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111450 on: October 21, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

I like how his eyes are sickles.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111451 on: October 21, 2016, 04:43:26 pm »

It's disrupting lots of other sites too. I wonder if the 'hacking' on election day isn't going to be hacking of voting machines or poll results, but rather some sort of DDoS attack to (attempt to) sow chaos.

If it really is the Russians, seems like a really broad scattershot thing to do to disrupt whatever it is they're trying to disrupt.

Looks like this was / is quite a massive attack. My newspaper reports that there have been DDoS attacks on the US internet company Dyn. According to the company, a third attack is ongoing still.

Dyn is a company that matches url to IP adress, enabling the internet user to connect to the right site when typing in the adress.

As a result, not only GitHub, but also Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Pinterest, Reddit, Airbnb, Amazon, Soundcloud, Paypal, and the Playstation network, as well as the websites of CNN, BBC, New Yor Times, Wall Street Journal and Fox News could not be reached, mostly from the eastern part of the USA, but other parts of the world were also affected. Here in the Netherlands, our national online weather site went offline.

The FBI has started an investigation into the attacks.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111452 on: October 21, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »

That is not good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111453 on: October 21, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »

Sorta'? It may actually kinda' be a good thing. A target like dyn is one of the most robust against this sort of attack, and to a large extent it didn't really do much -- the websites were largely actually still up, it was just a pain to get to them. Most internal/important stuff doesn't really have a problem with that sort of business getting hit.

The upshot, though? This sort of attack basically only has one real counter, and that's expanding infrastructure. Which is something that probably would be pretty nice to see. So if it gets people more aware and investing in/supporting IT infrastructure development...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111454 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »

Or better security for the inevitable IoT botnets...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111455 on: October 21, 2016, 05:43:15 pm »

As a result, not only GitHub, but also Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Pinterest, Reddit, Airbnb, Amazon, Soundcloud, Paypal, and the Playstation network, as well as the websites of CNN, BBC, New Yor Times, Wall Street Journal and Fox News could not be reached, mostly from the eastern part of the USA, but other parts of the world were also affected. Here in the Netherlands, our national online weather site went offline.

If I may add, the battlefield One servers are also down, not that I would be dumb enough to by an EA game on launch.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #111456 on: October 21, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

After NullForceOmega had reveled that the "new" "Godzilla" is a Goomba from SMB The Movie. I figured it out now!!! It is the long awaited SMB II Movie!!! It was all just  mistranslated!!!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111457 on: October 21, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »

The blue section really looks like "England and her (former) chums". Oh, and Japan is there.

Wasn't Indonesia Dutch though?

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111458 on: October 21, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »

Aren't those the windmill people? :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111459 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:16 pm »

I think windmill people mostly live in La Mancha (;
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111460 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:03 pm »

Windmill people tend to hang out near the front at heavy metal shows.

WTF: I feel pretty weird right now, for no apparent reason.
Took my medicine earlier, waited a while, then cooked and ate a bowlful of pasta about half an hour afterwards.
Now I'm sitting here feeling pleasantly spaced-out. Doesn't seem like a normal food coma, I don't think. Weird.

I think I might play some Death Road To Canada.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111461 on: October 22, 2016, 12:34:52 am »

So, I just had an argument with a GM I never argue with. Don't really want to talk about what it was about, it just was frustrating both in a normal way and in a meta way, because we've never had an issue before, so I kept having WTF moments every time I re-read our conversation trying to figure out what was causing the problem. both of us seem to be upset about this happening, and neither willing to give ground because reasons.

I'm tired, I'm going to sleep, and I'm pretty sure the GM is doing the same. I really hope this dies down in the morning.
Yo, hugs to you Lenglon :D Maybe its more of a misunderstanding rather than anything otherwise--there's somewhere along the lines where some words got understood or seemed like they did, so clarifications help there. Take care with that dude--miss playing with you!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #111462 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:06 am »

My guitar book suggested filing the nails on my playing hand, so I figured I would. It is the weirdest, most unpleasant tactile sensation ever. It's like nails on chalkboard, except you feel it through touch rather than sound.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111463 on: October 22, 2016, 01:09:35 am »

The thing that made be go WTF today was finding out that these weren't the Bay12 forums, these are the Bay 12 forums. With a space.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111464 on: October 22, 2016, 01:24:24 am »

My guitar book suggested filing the nails on my playing hand, so I figured I would. It is the weirdest, most unpleasant tactile sensation ever. It's like nails on chalkboard, except you feel it through touch rather than sound.
I have a tendency to chew mine, weirdly enough.
Or, other people say 'chew'. I say 'groom via teeth'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 7429 7430 [7431] 7432 7433 ... 10973