Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7535 7536 [7537] 7538 7539 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996557 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113040 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:13 am »

On an apolitical note my mom turns 50 today. I have a parent in her fifties now... it's crazy to think

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113041 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:38 pm »

I'm 2 years older than you, and mine is 61.

My dad is 68. Or maybe 69, now? Not entirely sure.

Point is, your mum's a spring hare by comparison.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113042 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:05 pm »

Oh god all the worries I have about my mother falling over or mismanaging her blood sugar. She's only 55!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113043 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:18 pm »

The presidency...
The senate...
The house...

I don't understand.

What the fuck. What the actual fuck.
It's a movement. I guess it's a yuge movement.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113044 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:44 pm »

Had to punish my two pre-teen nephews (once removed) today for literally fighting about the election, in a school in England:o
Unlike me, they don't have citizenship, and definitely no election rights (separate from the fact of age).
Apparently there were quite a few participants according to the local parents irc.

Whaaaaaaaat?

Edit:emphasis.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:55:30 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113045 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »

...People from my school might just fight over Clinton-Sanders. Wow.

In other English-American news, my dad can name all the states of America on a map, even if you don't show him the map. He can visualize it.

He doesn't have any particular job related reason to. ???
One wheel short of a wagon

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113046 on: November 09, 2016, 01:01:09 pm »

Pretty much told them that if they still want to bring America into their school, I'll bring a paddle in too and make it authentic. :-\

Edit:Grammar.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #113047 on: November 09, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

Genuinely surprised by trump win.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113048 on: November 09, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »

TBH my life won't change that much, I already live in a conservative hellhole that elects assholes for the worst and flimsiest reasons. This is just the country doing it instead of the state.
Wait... Where do you live?
Kentucky. Last gubernatorial election people put in a goddamn Yankee carpetbagger businessman who's been busy breaking state laws and dismantling our health care system. Because he spoke supporting that incompetent homophobic county clerk that refused to issue paperwork to gay couples trying to get married. Fuck this state.

The state government went fully red yesterday. Weakened unions in Kentucky are almost guaranteed now, and wages/work safety drop in general when unions are weaker. So everyone can look forward to that. And Bevin can probably have his way with Obamacare here unimpeded.

We've also got a federal government that's now more likely to leave things up to the states, allowing for even more good decisions. Maybe we'll take another pass at passing an anti-trans bathroom bill.
I know. We're already so deep in the goddamn hole that you can barely see it getting deeper. He's already wrecked Kynect, mostly, I'm not sure how much damage is left to be done. Unions were weak as shit already, at least from my perspective -- one that barely does anything, several workplaces that outright tell you that attempting to organize means immediate termination--with unsafe working conditions to boot; nothing like working with tattered, rotting fiberglass insulation with no respirator masks or goggles, eh? I'm putting what tiny scraps of hope I have in the courts continuing to roadblock him, and stepping up to stop unconstitutional bullshit from the GA if any passes.

We've seen this coming for a long time, though. The old standard of "Democratic state that votes Republican in POTUS elections" has been withering for years. Only thing left to do is keep on trucking and holding Yarmuth (or whoever succeeds him) in the House, because I'm damned sure Louisville won't go red any time soon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #113049 on: November 09, 2016, 03:25:31 pm »

11/9, never forget.

Since nobody responded last time I asked and it's buried under like twenty pages of Ameripol: how feasible is it to immigrate to Canada to attend college? I have a variety of reasons now, but foremost is that I'd rather not have to deal with American student loans with a Trump economy on the horizon.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113050 on: November 09, 2016, 03:28:53 pm »

So, to comfort or reassure the Americans; I've been trying out new cigarette brands lately. My usual brand has gotten worse than the prize. And let me tell you, American smokes are the best. That has not changed. Of course, if they're made in America or grown in America or if the brand is even American anymore is another question entirely. I want to believe.

...People from my school might just fight over Clinton-Sanders. Wow.

In other English-American news, my dad can name all the states of America on a map, even if you don't show him the map. He can visualize it.

He doesn't have any particular job related reason to. ???

So can I (mostly), which is odd. It's... Interest. The Americas, and the United States, are interesting. It's not a very popular party trick. Singing the Soviet national anthem on demand tends to draw more cheers.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113051 on: November 09, 2016, 03:57:48 pm »

So, to comfort or reassure the Americans; I've been trying out new cigarette brands lately. My usual brand has gotten worse than the prize. And let me tell you, American smokes are the best. That has not changed. Of course, if they're made in America or grown in America or if the brand is even American anymore is another question entirely. I want to believe.

Here in Virginia, I know there's a big Marlboro factory in either Petersberg or Richmond, and in quite a few areas you can still find large tobacco fields, when they aren't growing soybeans for the sake of crop rotation.

I doubt that stuffs there for the fun of it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113052 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:53 pm »

By the reports of my customers, Native or Seneca brand cigarettes taste almost exactly like marlboro, but they're both additive-free premium brands. And also half the price, at least as my employer was selling them. I guess if you're going to smoke, smoke something with the shortest list of toxic crap in it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113053 on: November 09, 2016, 04:15:05 pm »

11/9, never forget.

Since nobody responded last time I asked and it's buried under like twenty pages of Ameripol: how feasible is it to immigrate to Canada to attend college? I have a variety of reasons now, but foremost is that I'd rather not have to deal with American student loans with a Trump economy on the horizon.
Dittoing this.

Also, what about transferring credits?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113054 on: November 09, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »

Canadian immigration site servers crashed last night.

Pretty damn funny, when you take a moment to think about it.

Canada's gonna build a wall and we're gonna pay for it
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7535 7536 [7537] 7538 7539 ... 10973