Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7536 7537 [7538] 7539 7540 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998588 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113055 on: November 09, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »

So, to comfort or reassure the Americans; I've been trying out new cigarette brands lately. My usual brand has gotten worse than the prize. And let me tell you, American smokes are the best. That has not changed. Of course, if they're made in America or grown in America or if the brand is even American anymore is another question entirely. I want to believe.

Here in Virginia, I know there's a big Marlboro factory in either Petersberg or Richmond, and in quite a few areas you can still find large tobacco fields, when they aren't growing soybeans for the sake of crop rotation.

I doubt that stuffs there for the fun of it.

Ah... Delightful. The world still makes sense.

By the reports of my customers, Native or Seneca brand cigarettes taste almost exactly like marlboro, but they're both additive-free premium brands. And also half the price, at least as my employer was selling them. I guess if you're going to smoke, smoke something with the shortest list of toxic crap in it...

I'm thinking of switching to rolling tobacco for that reason, in a while. I'd need to re-acquaint myself with the market, though. There was quite a few small, local and relatively clean brands when I was a kid. One firm would post a fresh bale of baccy that you could grind up and mix yourself. Not something I'd like to get involved in, but it's a fun little option.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113056 on: November 09, 2016, 05:16:06 pm »

Canadian immigration site servers crashed last night.

Pretty damn funny, when you take a moment to think about it.

Canada's gonna build a wall and we're gonna pay for it

I have no idea why so many Americans think Canada is such a great place to live (and no I am not being ironic or sarcastic... I might sound like a Ultra-patriotic Canadian but I am more of a skeptic/pessimist about ALL the countries)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113057 on: November 09, 2016, 05:41:06 pm »

Not the U.S., still fairly built up/decent/prosperous country, generally better social safety net and civil rights situation, etc., etc. Close, fairly easy to emigrate to, largely english speaking. Particularly for folks in some of the worse parts of the states, it seems like a trade up, at a distance if nothing else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113058 on: November 09, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »

I dunno, it strikes me as needlessly alarmist.

I agree that maybe this isn't the way we wanted this election to go, but could we at least give Trump a couple of months in office before declaring that everything is ruined 5ever?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #113059 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:02 pm »

If we get another terrorist attack on American soil within the next year or two, I'd strap in for some crazy shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113060 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:46 pm »

I dunno, it strikes me as needlessly alarmist.

I agree that maybe this isn't the way we wanted this election to go, but could we at least give Trump a couple of months in office before declaring that everything is ruined 5ever?
Eh, you could, but I wouldn't blame, say, LGBT folks for hopping the border before pence (who wants to use government funds to torture them, it really can't be repeated enough), a R majority congress, and a conservative added SCOTUS actually started doing anything.
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113061 on: November 09, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »

Why should I give Trump a chance? Because he got elected? Every fucker in US politics got elected.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113062 on: November 09, 2016, 06:07:20 pm »

Fine, work yourselves up in a tizzy.
Me, Imma wait to see what the electoral college does, see if recounts turn up anything, etc. No sense panicking before anything is 100% confirmed.

I guess this shouldn't be a WTF, but I today was the first time I had to lock a thread for moderation-related reasons. What an odd feeling of power...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113063 on: November 09, 2016, 06:12:10 pm »

I just want off the 2016 ride. No more shit. Let the world end or something next year. I have enough bullshit this year.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113064 on: November 09, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »

I just want off the 2016 ride. No more shit. Let the world end or something next year. I have enough bullshit this year.
We're an even number of years from 2012, I'm sure we could find a conspiracy theory to use.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113065 on: November 09, 2016, 06:27:11 pm »

WTF:  Power got cut this morning even though I paid last week.  Right as I was about to post this.  Was kinda an ironic thing to wake up to, considering the election, but mostly just aggravating to resolve.  Blargh.

There's rumblings about a D1 impeachment by the republicans.
wait

there's hope?!

wait shit pence nope
From what I can tell, Pence would become President.
So yeah, impeaching Trump might actually make things worse (at least for me).  I'm looking for a chess analogy but it's like a rev

aggressive drunkposting is a warnable offense at worst imo, and i doubt it'll lead to anything worse
Yeah I wasn't warned for it, even when I was dangerously silly.  For it to be a problem you probably have to be aggressive *at* someone.
that said, I hope Hector's head is ok

Any sensible count is sad.
Haha that's great!

He's gonna build a wall!

He's gonna build it tall!

HE'S GONNA BUILD A TALL WALL THAT WILL NEVER FALL!

Note: I do not endorse Donald Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113066 on: November 09, 2016, 06:28:11 pm »

We're an even number of years from 2012, I'm sure we could find a conspiracy theory to use.

Joke's on you, I have it from a reputable source that the world was supposed to end in 2013. Armageddon isn't coming because it already happened.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113067 on: November 09, 2016, 06:32:33 pm »

It all makes sense now, itisnotlogical. This is what Xibalba is like, isn't it?

Sorry to carpet-bomb the emotion threads with a message of hope, but to those scared and confused and hurting... I'mma repost some things from elsewhere.

...we can't give in to fear or despair. We have to keep fighting for the people who need our support, and have to keep doing the right thing. We have to hold people accountable when they do cruel, self-serving, and hateful acts.

We can get through this, and still make the world better as we go.
You can't control anyone, aside from yourself. Not your parents, not your siblings, nor the people fighting to spread hate and fear in the world.

However, you can speak the truth, try to make a difference with others, and always do what's right, even when the situation is a dark one.

That's all anyone can do. It's gotten us this far. It'll get us farther.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113068 on: November 09, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

Fine, work yourselves up in a tizzy.
Me, Imma wait to see what the electoral college does, see if recounts turn up anything, etc. No sense panicking before anything is 100% confirmed.
*scratches head* I mean, it's not a matter of panic. It's a matter that a chunk of our population has just had it confirmed that a bit shy of sixty million people in this country are willing to put someone among the highest seats of power that has advocated for redirecting government funds to torturing them, and not enough of the rest of population care to stop him from ending up there. For LGBT folks, this is quite possibly one of the biggest slaps to their face they've experienced in a decade or two -- long enough for some of them to have now encountered for the first time exactly what it means when not just your locality or some particular demographic or political group, but your actual country, is hostile enough to your very existence it can not care if you're tortured and die, and is willing to let its money be used to pay for that.

That's not panic, not really. That's a bone deep reminder of the flat fact (that was looking like it might be on the down slope, even, which just makes the shock worse) that your country and your government is an existential threat to you and yours, shoved right into your face. And not in conspiracy theory land or black site fema camps or whatever. The VP has literally advocated for the government footing the bill for their torture. We don't really get to take that back, y'know? Fear of what happened this last day or two is not a "tizzy." The US just proved that we're not nearly as safe for them as it may have seemed (and we could have been a hell of a lot better on that front even without this :-\). Even if the results somehow flip, that's not going to change. That's been 100% confirmed, and it was 100% confirmed the second that EC count ticked over 270.

And yeah, @Soli, we do what we can. Just... don't like when people try to minimize what some of my friends and family just had happen to them, y'know? Even if that's not the intent.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:39:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113069 on: November 09, 2016, 06:46:10 pm »

It is entirely possible for folks to have voted for Trump and not known a thing about his VP or his VP's policies, y'know. That's not much better, since it's uneducated voting, but I find it much easier to believe than the idea that, in a country where gay rights have been slowly-but-steadily pushing forward, more than half the country is practically salivating at the thought of torturing LGBTs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

ETA: To clarify, I'm not saying that there aren't people who feel that way, because unfortunately and obviously there's still plenty of bigotry out there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:48:19 pm by Sirus »

Pages: 1 ... 7536 7537 [7538] 7539 7540 ... 10974