Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7639 7640 [7641] 7642 7643 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997047 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114600 on: November 30, 2016, 07:19:03 am »

I've never once in my entire life seen a wikipedia article seem complete and well-written and serious, and yet be as completely hilariously incomprehensible as this one on Pataphysics. I've never seen a joke Wikipedia article in my life but if it exists this is it. It's not until the last section that I have even the slightest idea what is going on. It's like... you know how there exist very technical articles on wikipedia about really advanced topics? Like how asking Wikipedia about Riemann-manifolds tells your mathless reader absolutely nothing beyond vague guesses? At least there, while I can't follow the track I know where it's going; here I start doubting whether I was going anywhere at all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114601 on: November 30, 2016, 07:21:29 am »

i got a recruitment email for the position of frontend developer for some sort of shitty uber clone.

i'm 17 and i hardly have any frontend skills at all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114602 on: November 30, 2016, 07:34:47 am »

I've never once in my entire life seen a wikipedia article seem complete and well-written and serious, and yet be as completely hilariously incomprehensible as this one on 'Pataphysics.
Fixed
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #114603 on: November 30, 2016, 07:52:02 am »

'Pata, 'pata, 'pata, 'PATAPHYSICS.
'Pa, 'pa, 'pataphysics.

'PATAPHYSICS
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114604 on: November 30, 2016, 08:19:00 am »

'Pata, 'pata, 'pata, 'PATAPHYSICS.
'Pa, 'pa, 'pataphysics.

'PATAPHYSICS
I love these witty/silly posts common in B12 :P but also the people making an effort for them to be lightly witty.

So I've been discovering recently that when others are sad or such, I tend to push aside anything I feel and tend to them first .-.
I'm progressively understanding what all the advice sent to me by my instructors, online friends, and Guidance Counselor mean \o/

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114605 on: November 30, 2016, 09:38:23 am »

i'm 17 and i hardly have any frontend skills at all.
Well if they don't need significant skills than pass the resume on to me. I fit that profile, and I could use a job that isn't government work
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114606 on: November 30, 2016, 10:41:51 am »

I woke up this morning laying on my back in a sort of vampire-in-coffin-like pose: arms folded on my chest in the shape of a W, crossing at the wrists, and my right leg crossed over my left one at the ankle (that's not part of any classical vampire pose afaik).

I went to sleep laying on my side.

P.S. This has happened many times before.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114607 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:29 am »

I fit that profile
you're 17 and lack any frontend skills? :V

more seriously, it seems like the email came from some sort of recruiting company. they said they "analyzed my github open source contributions" which i guess makes sense since i have two projects that use a little html and js, but really not in a professional capacity.

also, they operate out of paris :P

if you really want ill forward the email.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114608 on: November 30, 2016, 10:44:43 am »

I fit that profile

more seriously, it seems like the email came from some sort of recruiting company. they said they "analyzed my github open source contributions" which i guess makes sense since i have two projects that use a little html and js, but really not in a professional capacity.

What're front end skills? (Stupid question)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114609 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:39 am »

In october the rainbow stripe street crossing  in the city of Leiden, made by an artist to celebrate LGBT freedom, was painted over with red, by some guys making Hitler-salutes.
Police have been investigating extreme right groups to find the perpetrators.
But now it turns out it wasn't done by the extreme right, but it were 1st year students, who had been ordered by their dispute to 'do a stunt that will make national media' as their test of initiation.
The dispute itself reported them to the police.

Well, they made the media. They also made it to a police cell, in which they are now awaiting trial. It loooks like they won't be joining their dispute either, it has suspended them indefinitly.
"How to end your academic career before it even begun 101"
http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/hitlergroet-en-vandalisme-op-gaybrapad-tijdens-ontgroening-leiden~a4424717/

Seems like their 'dispute' (I suspect you mean fraternity? Which is the english word) should be punished for doing something like that.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #114610 on: November 30, 2016, 11:05:04 am »

I woke up this morning laying on my back in a sort of vampire-in-coffin-like pose: arms folded on my chest in the shape of a W, crossing at the wrists, and my right leg crossed over my left one at the ankle (that's not part of any classical vampire pose afaik).

Is there a metallic taste in your mouth?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114611 on: November 30, 2016, 11:07:29 am »

Is there a metallic taste in your mouth?

Ha ha, no :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114612 on: November 30, 2016, 11:11:59 am »

Funny, the opposite happens to me. I often (though by no means always) go to sleep flat on my back, legs straight, arms folded across chest. When I wake up I'm in a completely different, random position.

Edit: Also, I've often had nose bleeds in the night and then woken up in the morning with my mouth tasting of blood.

The question: was it my blood?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:18:52 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114613 on: November 30, 2016, 11:16:22 am »

I fit that profile

What're front end skills? (Stupid question)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front-end_web_development

basically everything on a website that is done by the web browser and not the server.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114614 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:35 am »

Seems like their 'dispute' (I suspect you mean fraternity? Which is the english word) should be punished for doing something like that.
Oh sorry, yeah, dispute would be fraternity. It's one of those silly academics words 'dispuut', which means 'a subgroup of a student organisation'.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7639 7640 [7641] 7642 7643 ... 10973