Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7640 7641 [7642] 7643 7644 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005787 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114615 on: November 30, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

So, there's a couple of perk days coming up at my job. We get to turn stuff in for increased value, and then next paycheck we get a bigger than normal discount. I tallied up some of my (and my brother's) retro stuff, and if I did the calculations correctly, I will be walking away with over $1,200 in store credit after both bonuses.

Fucking wat.

One of the games alone has a base trade value of $44, boosted to $99 after both boosts.

MaximumZero cancels post: Head asplode.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114616 on: November 30, 2016, 06:25:26 pm »

Go MZero!  Get monies!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114617 on: November 30, 2016, 06:27:46 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114618 on: November 30, 2016, 06:29:06 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114619 on: November 30, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »

So, there's a couple of perk days coming up at my job. We get to turn stuff in for increased value, and then next paycheck we get a bigger than normal discount. I tallied up some of my (and my brother's) retro stuff, and if I did the calculations correctly, I will be walking away with over $1,200 in store credit after both bonuses.

Fucking wat.

One of the games alone has a base trade value of $44, boosted to $99 after both boosts.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114620 on: November 30, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »

Hey, store credit is pretty nice! You could easily get yourself a current-gen console with that sort of munies.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114621 on: November 30, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »

Hey, store credit is pretty nice! You could easily get yourself a current-gen console with that sort of munies.
And games, and accessories...
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114622 on: November 30, 2016, 06:41:28 pm »

And then if you actually need money turn around and sell whatever the credit get a you for real dosh >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #114623 on: November 30, 2016, 07:03:23 pm »

console
ಠ_ಠ

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114624 on: November 30, 2016, 07:10:03 pm »

Relax.  He means a PC console, of course.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114625 on: November 30, 2016, 07:12:28 pm »

Fucking wat.

Do you owe your soul to the company store?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114626 on: November 30, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »

console
ಠ_ಠ
You can't buy PCs at a Gamestop, bro. It's all consoles and console games, handhelds and handheld games, and maybe a few PC games.

Also some collectible merch if you're into that sort of thing. Point is, you can't use store credit to buy things that the store don't sell.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114627 on: November 30, 2016, 07:17:21 pm »

Get a call from the doctor's office yesterday, or rather, my mother got a call from the doctor's office yesterday because they decided to call her and not me. It seems that the blood work I had done last Sunday finally got finished, and they want to tell me the results. They refused to tell my mother the details(despite her forcing me to give disclosure permission), but my mother seems very insistent that the doctor wanted to discus the results with me.

While I have no knowable reason to worry, since the only reason I got it done is because my mother is also very "concerned" that I'm diabetic - unlikely since I've shown no symptoms of diabetes my entire life other than my mother's recent batshit claims of "slightly darker urine". So, while I shouldn't worry, I still can't help but wonder, what the hell did they find in my blood?

Unfortunately, the doctor appears to have left early, so I can only find out tomorrow at the earliest.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114628 on: November 30, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »

console
ಠ_ಠ
You can't buy PCs at a Gamestop, bro. It's all consoles and console games, handhelds and handheld games, and maybe a few PC games.

Also some collectible merch if you're into that sort of thing. Point is, you can't use store credit to buy things that the store don't sell.
And that is why gamestop is doomed to die when consoles do.  The only reason I went to gamestop in the last year was to get free pokeymans.  I think I bought a Charizard amiibo once when I did just out of pure pity for the poor folks working there.

Last I was in there though you could buy steam cards.  I'd just buy $1000 worth of those.  Steam may fail someday too, but I'm thinking it's more likely to turn into gaming microsoft first and live for a century.  I figure consoles have another decade.  Maybe two.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:24:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114629 on: November 30, 2016, 07:22:10 pm »

Get a call from the doctor's office yesterday, or rather, my mother got a call from the doctor's office yesterday because they decided to call her and not me. It seems that the blood work I had done last Sunday finally got finished, and they want to tell me the results. They refused to tell my mother the details(despite her forcing me to give disclosure permission), but my mother seems very insistent that the doctor wanted to discus the results with me.

While I have no knowable reason to worry, since the only reason I got it done is because my mother is also very "concerned" that I'm diabetic - unlikely since I've shown no symptoms of diabetes my entire life other than my mother's recent batshit claims of "slightly darker urine". So, while I shouldn't worry, I still can't help but wonder, what the hell did they find in my blood?

Unfortunately, the doctor appears to have left early, so I can only find out tomorrow at the earliest.
Best case scenario, you've got undiscovered superpowers.

Pages: 1 ... 7640 7641 [7642] 7643 7644 ... 10974