Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178684 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #119685 on: March 22, 2017, 08:13:20 pm »

I used those for most of my life and never had a single mishap with it. The only hassle is having to change the showerhead once in every 4 or 5 months.

Nowadays we just use solar to heat up a hot water boiler. Gives us lots of cheap hot water the whole year 'round, with a backup electric water heater just in case we get an exceptional cold snap and the water doesnt get hot enough due to lack of sunlight.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119686 on: March 22, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »

Strange. So you've got no oil reserve out back? I've not heard of these water heaters before.

In alaska, maybe. Not near civilization.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119687 on: March 22, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »

Yeah, we just use electric heaters, mostly. Sometimes gas. Apparently oil very, very rarely, as per dun's mention, in the sense I've been around for better than two decades and been from one coast to the other and never even heard mention of the stuff before today, never mind actually encountering it.

Solar's been filtering in, too, as temp notes.

So no oil reserves in the back yard, no. Not for water heating, at the least.

E: And yeah, GC, about what I managed to puzzle out while checking. Just somewhat surprised by their existence, since I've ran into them about as much as oil using water heaters (which is to say not once to date).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:19:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119688 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »

Heck where i am we're even starting to use geothermal.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119689 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »

We have natural gas. So does most of the county, as far as I know.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #119690 on: March 22, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »

Heros and Generals (HaG, which is an insult to hags everywhere) has a new DLC...

It's for medkits.

Yeah, those funny little things that magically restore your health in video games.

The thing that helps players survive - you gotta crack open your wallet for that.

Three dollars for medkits. I feel bad for complaining about my pet peeves now that I know folks like those exist.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119691 on: March 22, 2017, 09:53:39 pm »

Heros and Generals (HaG, which is an insult to hags everywhere) has a new DLC...

It's for medkits.

Yeah, those funny little things that magically restore your health in video games.

The thing that helps players survive - you gotta crack open your wallet for that.

Three dollars for medkits. I feel bad for complaining about my pet peeves now that I know folks like those exist.

Ah, the "American Healthcare" DLC...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119692 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:45 pm »

Okay, so I'm really getting bad vertigo at the oddest times now. My wife and I were in a hospital today, a five or six story affair. We went to the fifth floor, and I let an errant glance stray out the window. I immediately felt off-balance, and I had the oddest feeling that I was going to fall sideways. I kept moving and we went into the exam room a short time later. The feeling of vertigo stayed with me for a very long time as my wife had her OBGYN exam for pregnancy. Then, we were leaving and took the elevator down. I got serious vertigo again as it lurched downwards, this time feeling as if I'd fall up. Then when we reached the ground floor, we started walking to our car. I had the third attack on the way through the lobby, and I simply felt off balance, light-headed, disoriented, and as if I wasn't conforming to the sensations normally brought on by gravity.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119693 on: March 22, 2017, 10:42:06 pm »

Strange. So you've got no oil reserve out back? I've not heard of these water heaters before.

Speaking of Alaska, that's what I came in here to WTF about.
Just started watching a documentary series called Drugs Inc., where they study the drug scene in a variety of cities/areas around the US. I wasn't all that impressed by the first episode, set in Vegas, that was actually kinda boring (no Fear and Loathing references, even!) apart from a brief look at the sewers, and I didn't have much hope for the series managing to hold my attention, but the second episode focused on Alaska.

Good gods, that place seems terrifying. You don't even need a permit to carry a concealed firearm and everyone turns to hard drugs and cheap liquor to make it through the brutal seasons. This episode was actually pretty entertaining, showing a fairly large cross-section of different folks and remaining quite un-biased.   

I guess an additional WTF is that I've started watching multiple different documentary shows lately.
Usually I don't bother with such things, but I've been having such a hard time deciding on things to watch lately that I wanted to try something different.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119694 on: March 22, 2017, 11:34:39 pm »

Speaking of Alaska, that's what I came in here to WTF about.
Just started watching a documentary series called Drugs Inc., where they study the drug scene in a variety of cities/areas around the US. I wasn't all that impressed by the first episode, set in Vegas, that was actually kinda boring (no Fear and Loathing references, even!) apart from a brief look at the sewers, and I didn't have much hope for the series managing to hold my attention, but the second episode focused on Alaska.

Good gods, that place seems terrifying. You don't even need a permit to carry a concealed firearm and everyone turns to hard drugs and cheap liquor to make it through the brutal seasons. This episode was actually pretty entertaining, showing a fairly large cross-section of different folks and remaining quite un-biased.   

I guess an additional WTF is that I've started watching multiple different documentary shows lately.
Usually I don't bother with such things, but I've been having such a hard time deciding on things to watch lately that I wanted to try something different.   

There's a show called Alaska State Troopers. It's fucking insane, and I'm not even talking about the regular repeats of lone troopers making bi-monthly visits to communities with little or no police presence and encountering violent addicts. Seen more standoffs between cops and armed assholes on maybe one season of that than in all the other non-fictional television I've ever watched.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119695 on: March 23, 2017, 03:04:24 am »

Anyone notice how all-encompassing the term CC has become?

The only reason it irks me is because while terms like "Healer" or "Buffer" or "DPS" often describe something somewhat accurately to an extent (not always)...

CC is the loosest way you can describe someone. Do they stun single enemies? CC... Do they deal damage to a lot of enemies? CC... Do they have counter debuffs? CC. Do they draw agro? CC.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:09:48 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119696 on: March 23, 2017, 03:18:27 am »

pretty sure this one is blizzard's fault, WoW specifically

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119697 on: March 23, 2017, 03:19:15 am »

Do they stun single enemies? CC... Do they deal damage to a lot of enemies? CC... Do they have counter debuffs? CC. Do they draw agro? CC.

Having never played wow, I feel like you're describing CC, AOE, cleanse and tank.

I've heard of CC being used to describe 'Crowd control' which is probably obvious, and also 'close combat' for those who don't want to use cqc like geniuses.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119698 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:59 am »

CC is kind of an amorphous blob that has absorbed other roles when people talk about it. Mostly because the exact wording is "Crowd Control" So anything that affects an enemy in a way that isn't single target damage can be labeled as CC.

As for counter debuff... I mean... debuffs that only trigger in response to enemy actions. This is often called "Soft CC" mostly because it doesn't stop the enemy, only penalizes them.

As for "isn't that Tank?" Well aren't Tanks just CC with lots of HP? (Then again in some games... Having a character with lots of HP and defense... is just a Tank) Either way the agro drawing is considered the CC aspect.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:26:24 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119699 on: March 23, 2017, 03:27:47 am »

Oh man I forgot that 'crowd control' is actually a way more ambiguous term than just 'all stuns'.

So counter debuff would be more like thorns? Or a counterproc?
I would say a hard taunt is CC but drawing aggro is part of a tank's stock kit.... but that's just pedantry I think.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 10983