Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8078 8079 [8080] 8081 8082 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173356 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121185 on: April 22, 2017, 04:29:34 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #121186 on: April 22, 2017, 04:51:08 pm »

those finease and ferb are the bulbous headed trianglish things with fuckheug foreheads rite?
Somewhat. The foreheads aren't that big.
And one of them was a rectangle.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121187 on: April 22, 2017, 05:36:22 pm »

Just had one of those nights.
One of those nights where you're all set for a relaxing evening sitting around chillin' after some serious food adventures, trying to save money, when a friend messages your group all keen for everyone to head out to a club. At first it just seems an entirely laughable idea, it's hilarious, you even feel a little sorry for the guy trying to drum up some motivation, but then something changes.

Another friend voices a serious interest in going along, you start trying to convince them and other friends despite not planning on going yourself, and then suddenly the twisted idea begins to take form in your head of actually doing it. And so that just snowballs, you decide to stand up and go freshen up, scrubbing the worst of the blood of your slept-in shirt from the day before and spraying on a healthy amount of deodorant, and then you feel a new lease of life enter your battered body annnnnd all of a sudden you're on a train headed out for a wild night of good vibes, loud music and badalso good dancing.

Oh and a lot of friends, old and new.
Fun times. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121188 on: April 22, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »

He has been conducting illegal mass surveillance upon the entirety of the human species

Isn't that basically the NSA, though?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121189 on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:17 pm »

He has been conducting illegal mass surveillance upon the entirety of the human species
Isn't that basically the NSA, though?
Yes, the Naughty Santa Agency

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121190 on: April 22, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »

"Recent files revealed by Wikileaks give shocking proof of collaboration between Santa Claus and the entity known as Krampus."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:39:36 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121192 on: April 22, 2017, 11:26:29 pm »

Outreach to opressed kekistanis
Shadilay, normie virtue-signaling sister!

"I was gonna do some outreach there" indeed.

I know right? It's not a safe place ever since the British peacekeeping forces pulled out. I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to take on so much personal risk for the betterment of humanity.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121193 on: April 23, 2017, 12:26:30 am »

I liked the old X-Men cartoon when I finally saw it as an adult. It was exactly the show I wanted as a child (continuing story, actual drama, not just jokes all the time) but I didn't get any channels that had it. I also quite enjoyed Rugrats, Ed Edd n Eddy, CatDog, Spongebob, the Pokemon anime, and of course Avatar: The Last Airbender was a huge deal when it came out.

If anything it seems that kid's programming has gotten worse besides Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls which get all the attention. There's a lot of vaguely-educational CGI made-for-netflix shovelware that solely exists for lazy parents to plop their spawn in front of.

As much as I like Steven universe at times, at other times it is completely tone deaf, or even downright insulting to other cultures or beliefs. Not to mention it's own internal problems. The story telling can be fantastic at times, but it tends to have a very high opinion of itself, and the story telling doesn't necessarily translate to a well espoused political message. Ehh.. Anyways...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121194 on: April 23, 2017, 01:27:49 am »

Outreach to opressed kekistanis
Shadilay, normie virtue-signaling sister!

"I was gonna do some outreach there" indeed.

I know right? It's not a safe place ever since the British peacekeeping forces pulled out. I have a lot of respect for people who are willing to take on so much personal risk for the betterment of humanity.

Kekistan, officially the Memescape of Kekistan is one of only two intangible nations recognized by any concrete polity (the other being the People's Redoubt, currently recognized by the Republic of Vietnam, the Free and Sovereign State of Chiapas, and the City of Berkeley).[1] It is recognized formally by the Russian Federation and informally by elements of the United States government.[2] Located in the subconcious gestalt landscape created by its citizens, it is nominally a unitary, constitutional, presidential republic but functionally a transgressive theocracy and failed state. It is composed of five dominant mindstates: Orthodox Kekism, the American Dream, Wizard's Tower, Gaijin Steel, and the Gnat Sock.[3][4]

Once only a minor and unrecognized project contained to the political and random discussion boards of 4chan, Kekistan gained its permanent name and explosive growth during the 2016 American Presidential campaign with the popular discovery of meme magic.[5] Though meme magic was known to exist previously, it remained a esoteric and inconsistent form of ritual until the introduction of the Pepe the Frog meme in the context of propitiating Kek, the ancient Egyptian god of darkness.[6] Though Kek's existence remains uncertain, the members of 4chan were able to invoke large scale effects through the combination of a memetic idea (typically a joke) with the ill-defined quality of "rareness" [neutrality is disputed], achieved through repeating digits or complex iterations of a single image.[7][8][9][10][unreliable source?]

Kekistan is officially a democratic republic founded for the protection of meme magic research and to promote the ideals of its founders in the physical world. It is the only nation to have Kekism as its official religion.[11] Kekistan formally declared its independence on November 9th, 2016, having taken credit for the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States. There is ongoing uncertainty as to if the effects of meme magic were actually able to sway American voters in Trump's favor.[12][13][14][15][16] In the months since its declaration, Kekistan has experienced over 700% population growth from immigration, and is currently in a state of civil unrest caused by tensions between the primary mindstates and hostility towards aid workers granted entry by members of the gestalt.[17] Currently, the murder rate in Kekistan is 96 per 100,000, the highest in the world.[18] A United Nations humanitarian response was passed by the United Nations General Assembly but vetoed by Russia on April 23rd, 2017, citing "the need to protect Kekistan's sovereignty and democratic government from external influences".[19]

Kekistan's economy, being both intangible and closed to outsiders, is only subject to approximate measurement. The Kekistan Capitalist Defenders claim the nation primarily exports humor, meme magic instructional materials, indie art, and cognitohazards while importing chicken, animated entertainment, narcotics, fitness equipment, and human suffering.[20][21]

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:30:40 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121195 on: April 23, 2017, 01:35:03 am »

or even downright insulting to other cultures or beliefs. Not to mention it's own internal problems. The story telling can be fantastic at times, but it tends to have a very high opinion of itself, and the story telling doesn't necessarily translate to a well espoused political message. Ehh.. Anyways...

O-o?

It uses Pastiches at best... I am PRETTY SURE Opal isn't meant to literally be Shiva.

And... Political message?

If anything the problem with Steven Universe is that Steven is slowly becoming the worst character on it. Being overly whiny and EXTREMELY freeken manipulative...

You sure you didn't mean Avatar? That show features other cultures more prominently (In more ways then "not meant to take seriously" symbolism) and was nothing but political messages. Or perhaps Adventure Time that includes other cultures only to make fun of them and had a FEW political messages?

Or maybe Gargoyles that featured an insulting caricature of a culture... and has a few political messages.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:41:12 am by Neonivek »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121196 on: April 23, 2017, 01:36:24 am »

Kekistan, officially the Memescape of Kekistan
I live for these posts.

United Forenia Forever!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121197 on: April 23, 2017, 01:43:35 am »

or even downright insulting to other cultures or beliefs. Not to mention it's own internal problems. The story telling can be fantastic at times, but it tends to have a very high opinion of itself, and the story telling doesn't necessarily translate to a well espoused political message. Ehh.. Anyways...

O-o?

It uses Pastiches at best... I am PRETTY SURE Opal isn't meant to literally be Shiva.

If anything the problem with Steven Universe is that Steven is slowly becoming the worst character on it. Being overly whiny and EXTREMELY freeken manipulative...

You sure you didn't mean Avatar? That show features other cultures more prominently (In more ways then "not meant to take seriously" symbolism) and was nothing but political messages. Or perhaps Adventure Time that includes other cultures only to make fun of them and had a FEW political messages?

Or maybe Gargoyles that featured an insulting caricature of a culture... and has a few political messages.
I'm pretty sure Tabaluga The Little Dragon is american imperialist propaganda
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121198 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:39 am »

O-o?

That... Wasn't even the problems I was talking about. But yes, if you haven't noticed the show is EXTREMELY politically slanted. The one episode with his uncle that flies the plane? It pretty much portrays the entirety of conservative thought as a pathetically condescending "I am scared and alone and don't like change" ; and how about the episode with the space zoo thing where it pretty much says that arranged marriage is the worst thing ever, and one character even has a speech about "on earth, we choose". Not all of earth buddy, just your bit of it.

I agree that Steven is probably the worst character too, with the writers so loath to give him any flaws that he literally had a breakdown over squishing a bug.

Also, what's up with the whole lack of culpability thing? Some characters do some extremely reckless and dangerous things, putting other people in danger, but in the end it's just a "oh, it's all good now, so don't worry about it" kind of thing.

Add much as I like the show sometimes, it has a lot of problems.

I haven't watched adventure time in a long while, but I don't remember it ever representing any real world cultures at all (aside from a few frozen businessmen). Could you maybe give me some examples from that and avatar that you find insulting?

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121199 on: April 23, 2017, 08:36:44 am »

My local news station had a segment recently about emulators. Specifically, warning people that there are no working Nintendo Switch emulators, and any you find are just containers for a malware payload.

What a fascinating modern age we live in.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8078 8079 [8080] 8081 8082 ... 10983