Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8089 8090 [8091] 8092 8093 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13165693 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121350 on: April 26, 2017, 04:19:19 pm »

I have 70 pages of PMs. At least 50 of which are to myself.

This was an interesting realization to say the least.

What would you possibly want to pm to yourself
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121351 on: April 26, 2017, 04:21:17 pm »

Incomplete forum game turns, for the most part. I write most of my turns in my PM box so I can tamper with formatting on the fly and pick up work no matter what computer I end up on next. Turned out to be a helluva lot nicer than writing turns in me e-mail.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121352 on: April 26, 2017, 04:27:06 pm »

I email myself all the time, usually to remind myself about things.  Maybe the same kind of thing?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #121353 on: April 26, 2017, 04:27:13 pm »

My WTF today is that some people prefer flat hard plastic earbuds over... anything else. I hated those things. They were always too big to fit in my ears, so they popped out easily and gave me headaches after a while. I can't believe anyone ever thought it was reasonable for people to just jam a flat plastic circle into the irregular crevasses of their ears, much less that people accepted it and now demand that we always have that option available.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121354 on: April 26, 2017, 04:31:21 pm »

Incomplete forum game turns, for the most part. I write most of my turns in my PM box so I can tamper with formatting on the fly and pick up work no matter what computer I end up on next. Turned out to be a helluva lot nicer than writing turns in me e-mail.

I have 63, and maybe like a fourth are to myself. I send myself links to stuff I'm reading when I change devices, mostly. Saves me the trouble of finding it again or trying to remember what page I was on.

My WTF today is that some people prefer flat hard plastic earbuds over... anything else. I hated those things. They were always too big to fit in my ears, so they popped out easily and gave me headaches after a while. I can't believe anyone ever thought it was reasonable for people to just jam a flat plastic circle into the irregular crevasses of their ears, much less that people accepted it and now demand that we always have that option available.

As has become abundantly clear, the human being is a very poorly standardized creature, and we've all apparently got freakishly different ears.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121355 on: April 26, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »

I have two pairs of listening devices, a fairly nice JBL everest headset and some reasonably cheap skullcandy earbuds. I typically use the headset when I'm at home because they can be bulky to carry around and I can't use them to subtly listen during school. It does have much better sound quality and they are about the same comfort level imo.

I've had problems with the earbuds falling out a lot too though, and I'm kinda upset since I've managed to lose both of the rubber parts for them and they don't have same sized replacements. -100000 comfortability, basically.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121356 on: April 26, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

I can't believe anyone ever thought it was reasonable for people to just jam a flat plastic circle into the irregular crevasses of their ears

Ah yes wrapping it in a condom and shoving it directly into the ear canal was a direct improvement.  Esp the part where you have to do that 10 times a minute because they don't stay in the ear canal, almost like things aren't supposed to be there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121357 on: April 26, 2017, 05:12:33 pm »

I can't believe anyone ever thought it was reasonable for people to just jam a flat plastic circle into the irregular crevasses of their ears

Ah yes wrapping it in a condom and shoving it directly into the ear canal was a direct improvement.  Esp the part where you have to do that 10 times a minute because they don't stay in the ear canal, almost like things aren't supposed to be there.

If they were s'posed to be there, you wouldn't have to keep stickin' 'em in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121358 on: April 26, 2017, 05:15:07 pm »

Tabletop gaming news.
Warhammer 40k 8th edition is having gradual rule releases.
And I dislike most of them.

This is one of the most contentious bits they've ever done. So many people are saying 'After a 15 year break this might be the thing I needed to come back!', but others are pulling hair at the decimation of any tactical element in the game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121359 on: April 26, 2017, 05:18:31 pm »

Its the [current edition] of [game], and [next edition] looks awful.  How could they ever change [thing] like that, now the game will have less [depth/strategy/tactics].
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121360 on: April 26, 2017, 05:20:10 pm »

Yeah, it has been in a downward spiral for a long time. You're right.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121361 on: April 26, 2017, 05:25:20 pm »

Its okay guys!  Updating the rules so that OP Powertrucks can sustain dozens of damage you get to keep track of, and putting genetic freaks capable of visible regeneration will solve the powercreep of the game!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121362 on: April 26, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

I, too, PM myself from time to time.
Sometimes with incomplete RTD turns when I'm running such things, but just as often with simple notes or reminders to myself. I should probably take a look through my inbox, come to think of it... who knows what I might be forgetting about. Not to mention other folks I should be keeping in contact with.

Re: earphones, I definitely prefer the hard earphones as well, but headphones are still far, far better overall even with the inconvenience of having to hang them around one's neck and mess up one's hair when not using them. I generally counteract that problem by simply wearing them all the time whilst out and about. Man, I really need a new pair of headphones. The $10 earphones I bought the other day seem even cruddier than the last ones.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121363 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:42 pm »

In other news, I was looking around the internet and I found a chart that lists the brands some of the big companies own.
Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)
Some of the ones that surprised me included Perrier and S.Pellegrino being both owned by nestle (both of them are mineral water brands that I thought were competing with one another), and Wrigley's basically having a monopoly on chewing gum. As a whole, wasn't as shocking as I expected but still interesting.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121364 on: April 26, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »

The brands are, strictly speaking, in competition.  the companies themselves are leeching from each others potential profits.

The mother corp likely keeps the competition implied, but then again, it serves to bring in more sales total.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8089 8090 [8091] 8092 8093 ... 10983