Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8146 8147 [8148] 8149 8150 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13203555 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122205 on: May 19, 2017, 08:40:07 am »

moth is that adoption popup for valorous service in combat, si?

well, it comes more often when you lack a commander of the battle.  like exclusively so.  or when he eats dirt.

it happens more often when your family is ... stretched.  i think the game runs some kind of noble-per-settlement to get that.

finally, its not about killing scrubs.  its about one unit killing many foes, and perhaps doing statistically better than average at not dying to wounds. i dont know if they need to pass morale tests or anything as well, but they def need to be relatively intact and killy.

but ... ... why do you want a 40 year old with tier 1 traits when you could be getting 20 year olds with basic traits?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:42:28 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122206 on: May 19, 2017, 09:15:26 am »

I've got 20 years old with 3 command, 1 chivalry, 4 loyalty, and 4 piety (I'm about MoTH). And while most of the adoption candidates in Med2 are good, in Rome 1 most of them are either filled with shitty traits, or have little to no traits. Real shame that I've never got any MoTH in Rome 1.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122207 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:58 am »

On a single website, a subcategory of pages on there keeps biging me a 'the connection was reset' error after loading for about a second.  Rest of the site is fine, but that one section keeps having it come up.  Even stranger, I am able to access it via my phone, it is only my computer that is having issues, and even then, only on that one subsection.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122208 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:29 am »

So I finally figured out how to add mods to OpenXCOM - adding them to the game folder directly.

However, I'm having a big problem with the "Uniform Armors" mod, which is essentially a step between Coveralls and Personal armor.

Most mods have all their proper assets in pretty little folders.

This one, however, has a ruleset for each individual armor, and appears to have two sets of resources for each set of armor...

I'm completely lost on how to install it.

Now what do I do?

EDIT:

Other WTF - My iPhone's screen protector now has two scratches on it and one chipped corner. I honestly don't know how those got there. They arent' large scratches, mind, but they still give me the sinking feeling that I've been doing something Very Wrong (TM) with my cell phone...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:14:18 am by AzyWng »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122209 on: May 19, 2017, 11:44:33 am »

So I was returning from school on a bike and I recently repaired the brakes.

In the rush of biking enthusiasm I forgot why you should never brake fully with your front brake.
Basically, I tried to cross a busy road and because I wasnīt used to the now 120% strong brake, I did a front flip.

Now I do not remember how I exactly landed perfectly with my feet on the ground but my bike finished the front flip without me.

Fine, I go to pickup the bike but... the back wheel is jammed.. somehow into the chassis... now I canīt finish the trip anymore in this state of bike...

Fine I take the jammed bike on a crowded bus.. end of the story.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122210 on: May 19, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »

In mother Russia, bike give lift to bus
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122211 on: May 19, 2017, 12:43:39 pm »

Sooo, I found a picture of a construction site in my English coursebook. That's pretty normal, but there is a man with his butt hanging out on top off the scaffolds, and that's a bit unusual. Is this the way of the English construction worker?
I'll put up a picture if I can get my sister to photo it.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122212 on: May 19, 2017, 01:04:10 pm »

There is an Absolutely Fabulous marathon on the television. Marvellous, I am quids in tonight!

The 'what the fuck' in this contribution being the fact that I am so terribly excited for it. Still, excellent that they managed to slot something exciting in between all those cake-baking, house renovating, obese people penalising programs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122213 on: May 19, 2017, 01:05:54 pm »

Sooo, I found a picture of a construction site in my English coursebook. That's pretty normal, but there is a man with his butt hanging out on top off the scaffolds, and that's a bit unusual. Is this the way of the English construction worker?
It's one of the public emergency drills that the UK started doing every 1st of the month to prepare their citizens for the Brexit. This one is called 'What To Do When The Shit Hits The Fan'. The angle of your picture is probably just not right, or you would have spotted the big fan below the man's arse, down on ground level.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122214 on: May 19, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »

The "Builders's Crack" is a well known phenomenon in the UK. Not pleasant sure but it happens.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122215 on: May 19, 2017, 02:40:06 pm »

Known as plumber's butt in the US, very well-known here as well. I am also a victim of it as I cannot get pants that stay up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122216 on: May 19, 2017, 03:30:30 pm »

belts, yo  ;D
or suspenders, if need be
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122217 on: May 19, 2017, 03:31:02 pm »

I thought plumbers crack was when they were bending over to fix the toilet or something.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122218 on: May 19, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »

The crack does not need an occasion to exist.  It exists because it can.

Crack is sometimes just crack
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122219 on: May 19, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »

Unintentionally exposed arsecrack from anyone is known as "builder's bum" in England, it is a very common feature of the English construction worker
Pages: 1 ... 8146 8147 [8148] 8149 8150 ... 10984