Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8147 8148 [8149] 8150 8151 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006025 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122220 on: May 19, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »

Have you ever avoided something... But you didn't realize how stressful it was until you done it?

I am starting up my Hypnosis Business again (I hypnotize people for money) and notice that I completely stress myself out whenever I advertise myself, even when appropriately.

The problem I've had is that all the places I could find customers are places I offered services for free... or rather where my friends are.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122221 on: May 19, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »

Have you ever avoided something... But you didn't realize how stressful it was until you done it?

I am starting up my Hypnosis Business again (I hypnotize people for money) and notice that I completely stress myself out whenever I advertise myself, even when appropriately.

The problem I've had is that all the places I could find customers are places I offered services for free... or rather where my friends are.
I have a solution for you

Just walk up to someone, and do this

YOU WILL ATTEND MY HYPNOTISM BUSINESS
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122222 on: May 19, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »

Heh! Got in trouble!

In an odd way. They implemented a new rule for advertisements, I DID see this.

But when they updated the rules they removed that rule by accident. So when I checked for the specific rules on advertisement they had none.

So I made it clear that I was going to, then I did and then I got warned.

But I never get warnings and they go away in 1-2 months. So, honestly, It is far better I just take the warning and then get permission to advertise then cry about how the rules didn't list it.

Yet GOODNESS!!! Does all my instincts go "NOOO!!! you can't take the blame it wasn't your fault!" as well as being incredibly depressed for being VERY lightly reprimanded (Like, they didn't even tell me to take it down. They just gave me the warning because they wanted me to go through the proper channels. I probably would have got permission)

In fact, not only was one admin about to let me off at the time... But the one who did only did so because it would have been favoritism otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:40:51 pm by Neonivek »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122223 on: May 19, 2017, 07:50:46 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122224 on: May 19, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »

OPPS! Turns out the rule WAS still there... I just missed it everytime.

In spite rereading the rules a few times before and after... >_<

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122225 on: May 19, 2017, 09:06:56 pm »

The cringe this will unleash
look i dont care what anyone else says that trailer was sick as fuck ok
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122226 on: May 19, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »

There is an Absolutely Fabulous marathon on the television. Marvellous, I am quids in tonight!
I need to properly watch that show sometime, I believe I would have seen quite a lot of it as a small child due to family watching it.
Watching it now would probably set off one of those weird, creeping nostalgia trips that come from encountering things from long ago that you've almost entirely forgotten.

My WTF: a horrifically sober evening (in which I somehow managed to resist the temptation to by a schooner to ease my anxiety-wracked nerves) seeing some excellent bands, capped off by a short train ride and a long, 7-11 junk food-fuelled walk due to the buses having finished and my phone credit (and data!) expiring at midnight and preventing me from calling my friend to drive over and pick me up.
Then I got to my friend's place far later than expected after everyone seemed to have gone to sleep, found the door actually locked for once, and had to blunder into the pitch-dark garage and sleep on a couch.
Left this morning to get back home and do some internettin', and if it weren't for a chance encounter as I left no-one would have even realised I made it there.

No major WTFs in there, really, apart from perhaps the not-drinking-despite-having-money-for-it part, just a weird evening all-'round.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122227 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:01 pm »

Windows did another automatic update, and now my laptop cant connect to the internet through any means, which means i cant do simple things like check and write emails on anything besides my phone. And it locks up, completely, if i try to run oblivion. Which has never happened before.

And a dwarf fortress save corrupted for the first time in over a year.

It is terrible.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122228 on: May 19, 2017, 09:31:42 pm »

The cringe this will unleash
It was inevitable.
im serious the fact that they put this off for so long is astonishing to me, what with the massive amount of sonic ocs in the interwebs
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #122229 on: May 19, 2017, 10:04:21 pm »

Its for kids man.  I for one am glad SEGA has given their audience an ingame OC maker after so many years of bad crayon art.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122230 on: May 19, 2017, 10:05:27 pm »

Its for kids man.  I for one am glad SEGA has given their audience an ingame OC maker after so many years of bad crayon art.

And I am sure the fans will love the fact that their OC will be second fiddle to Sonic and not a hero in their own right. :P

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #122231 on: May 19, 2017, 10:37:46 pm »

And I am sure the fans will love the fact that their OC will be second fiddle to Sonic and not a hero in their own right. :P
Did you watch the video? I kinda got the opposite impression. OC did 90% of the work, Sonic & Sonic^2 just spun a bit to tip over the baddies.
thinking about it, it kind of gives 'battle of hoth' feels, you know? what with the flying and the roping and the tripping humongous mechs
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122232 on: May 20, 2017, 02:02:18 am »

Windows did another automatic update, and now my laptop cant connect to the internet through any means, which means i cant do simple things like check and write emails on anything besides my phone. And it locks up, completely, if i try to run oblivion. Which has never happened before.

It is terrible.
See this is why I didn't update to Windows 10 back when they were all but forcing it down everyone's throats.
._.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122233 on: May 20, 2017, 02:26:23 am »

It is terrible.
See this is why I didn't update to Windows 10 back when they were all but forcing it down everyone's throats.
Truth. Not going to beta test their shitty software, even for free.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #122234 on: May 20, 2017, 03:11:29 am »

My phone's alarm app is acting really wonky these days. I tried to set an alarm to 9AM yesterday in the evening - after accidentally creating one that would ring 24 hours after the moment I set it, I finally managed to get it "right" - which means, 8AM and not 9AM. I eventually managed to get it right, but 10 minutes ago, a second alarm that was set for 10AM which I never created nor activated rang.

In other words: help, my life is turning into a creepypasta!
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: 1 ... 8147 8148 [8149] 8150 8151 ... 10974